Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. (781 Views)

Peter Obi Condemns Arrest Of Chude / Pictures Of Abaribe Infrastructural Project After 20 Years In The Senate / Adamu Garba Condemns Arrest Of OccupyLekkiTollGate Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by Mhiztamurtala(m): 11:34pm On Jun 22, 2018
A leading Igbo socio-cultural group, Igbo Bu Igbo, has condemned what it terms “the continued indiscriminate arrest and persecution of political and business leaders of Igbo extraction by overzealous security agents”
In a statement signed by Dr Law Mefor-Anueyiagu and Jude Ndukwe, Chancellor and Head, Media Directorate, respectively, the group stated that ” With this latest arrest of Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, it has become indisputably obvious that Ndigbo have been deliberately marked out for intimidation, harassment and, ultimately, perpetual subjugation”.

Continuing, the Igbo group said, while they believe in the efficacy of the rule of law which also implies that no one is above the law, “we will not accept a situation where our leaders are subjected to random humiliation without recourse to decorum and constitutionalism”.

“We call on good-spirited Nigerians, human rights organisations and the international community, to take note of the systematic use of state institutions to persecute opposition members and those who hold divergent views from the government.

“Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe is a ranking Senator of the Federal Republic, and, it is our belief that, if not a system where things are done crudely and where persecution takes the place of persecution of political opponents, the Senator should have been invited rather than arrested in a manner executed to humiliate him.

“Let us assure those on this path of error, that, just like it was with our leaders and people who have faced one form of persecution or the other under this government in the recent past, Ndigbo will never be intimidated to abandon their own. The era when our common traducers used to pitch us against one another for their own selfish interests is gone. Today, our common age-long persecution in the country has taught us to be together and be there for one another no matter the circumstances. It is therefore needless for any person, group of persons and or institution(s) to continue picking on Igbo sons and daughters in the hope that such victims of persecution would be abandoned by their people; rather, such actions bind us even closer and stronger.

“Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe remains one of our leading lights not only in Igboland but also the entire country. We hereby demand his unconditional and immediate release,” the statement concluded.

Source: https://www.kirkiblog.com.ng/2018/06/igbo-group-condemns-arrest-of-abaribe.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by bla4(m): 11:43pm On Jun 22, 2018
You guys should
go and release him immediately. Mumu people

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by Sarkin: 12:20am On Jun 23, 2018
bla4:
You guys should
go and release him immediately. Mumu people
you dey mind them? If I were Buhari I would have given the useless "sinator" a lifetime disgrace and I will surely lock the traitor up forever.
A senator of the FRN backing a useless Igbo mad man. Double treason.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by Wealthandjobs: 12:24am On Jun 23, 2018
Hahaha. Politicians and drama. The DSS should take him to court before political jobbers give it ethnic colorations.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by raumdeuter: 12:25am On Jun 23, 2018
Demand and supply
Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by SolutionMee: 12:57am On Jun 23, 2018
cry

Buhari will definitely fail

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by SarkinYarki: 12:57am On Jun 23, 2018
Sarkin:
you dey mind them? If I were Buhari I would have given the useless "sinator" a lifetime disgrace and I will surely lock the traitor up forever.

I justvlove the way you people fool your self all day here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by TheUbermensch: 1:34am On Jun 23, 2018
Wasn't aware that they arrested Abaribe.

But I knew it was inevitable. It was bound to happen.

The man was speaking the truth about this government. He had to be silenced.

These persecutions have been following a particular pattern. But it's depressing the common man won't notice this but still vote in this government again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by 0koyibos: 1:41am On Jun 23, 2018
That's not true. No Igbo group releases a statement without issuing a worthless ultimatum.

But come to think about it, since soldiers flogged Nnamdi Kanu and his daddy, Ohaneze has not issued a single ultimatum. Even Emma Powerful of IPOB is now riding okada in Abakaliki.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by Ganiyat72(f): 1:44am On Jun 23, 2018
I am a yoruba muslim but i can authoritatively tell u that all muslim are evil and support evil. If u doubt me, look around u u will notice that everyone supporting this evil and nepostic buharii led government are all muslim from north and southwest with few exception of misguided and gullible christians from south wa.ste.

We muslims are disgusting, terrible, parthetic and are the scum of of this earth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by Ganiyat72(f): 1:52am On Jun 23, 2018
0koyibos:
That's not true. No Igbo group releases a statement without issuing a worthless ultimatum.

But come to think about it, since soldiers flogged Nnamdi Kanu and his daddy, Ohaneze has not issued a single ultimatum. Even Emma Powerful of IPOB is now riding okada in Abakaliki.

My fellow yoruba muslim bro, when are we going to compel Adeyinka grand son to come down to yoruba land and start the movement for actualisation of oodua nation?. Is he going to hide forever in london gheto like a spinless COWARD?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by 0koyibos: 2:02am On Jun 23, 2018
Ganiyat72:

My fellow yoruba muslim bro, when are we going to compel Adeyinka grand son to come down to yoruba land and start the movement for actualisation of oodua nation?. Is he going to hide forever in london gheto like a spinless COWARD?

At times I wonder the level of shame and generational lack of identity that makes an Igbo boy deny his entire lineage, betray his parents and take up Yoruba identity. However, I understand that your people are direct descendants of Judas Iscariot and betrayal is in your DNA.

Shibuke, I can smell your folly from thousands of kilometres away. There's an high level of intelligence which Yorubas have, you can't have that and none of your generations can have even half of that IQ level.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by Almaiga: 6:31am On Jun 23, 2018
The moment DSS bundled Sen. Abaribe into a black Maria Van.

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by legitnow: 8:35am On Jun 23, 2018
Buhari is out to finally kill Nigeria, once and for all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by Notasyouthink: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2018
Sarkin:
All these insults for kanu because he's not singing one Nigeria as a song like useless idiotic Afonjas abi??
I keep telling people that, buhari and his moronic worshippers will usher in biafra indirectly.
Re: Igbo Group Condemns Arrest Of Abaribe, Demands Immediate Release. by Notasyouthink: 11:24am On Jun 23, 2018
SarkinYarki:

I justvlove the way you people fool your self all day here
Exactly! Am even dancing to their stupidity

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

APC, PDP In Fight To Finish Over Ekiti / “we Will Expose How Ekiti Election Was Rigged For APC On July 18” — Observers / Rep Withdraws From 2019 Race Cos Of Bad Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.