Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Sowore Visits Ibadan, Stormed Venue With His Trademark. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Visits Ibadan, Stormed Venue With His Trademark. (789 Views)

Sowore Visits Chude At Police FCID Cell In Abuja / Omoyele Sowore Visits Nnamdi Kanu In New York (pic) / Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore Visits Ibadan, Stormed Venue With His Trademark. by whizpet: 9:35am On Jun 23, 2018
By Ogunsona Peter.

Ibadan, the ancient city and heartland of Yoruba was rocked to her foundation on this historic day.

It was the day former students union leader and now Presidential aspirant, Omoyele Sowore woke up the city from her sleep. Nature was in his favour. The weather was completely cool and the sky was free from rain. Haggling market women, peasants, farmers and a huge number of students trooped to the hall with with a mix of excitement and curiosity. Many have come to associate his name with hope in place of despair.

The feelings from the already seated crowd were running high just because they can't wait to see the former vibrant student union, who led millions of students in protest against the Nigerian government in 1990s

On Sowore's arrival, the crowd rose in ovation screaming "Show, Show".The revolutionary stormed the venue with a his trademark grin saluting the crowd with his clenched fist. A huge crowd already held him hostage outside the venue which he was compelled to address.

In his speech, he assured the people of his determination to lift Nigeria from economic and political stupor.

He also encouraged them to be diligent in their work. He spoke about addressing the dwindling health fortunes of the country citing the prospect of building world class hospitals for the sake of Nigerians.

He said "I will always support you in everything you are doing and God's grace if I become the next President of Nigeria, there will be a modern market for the market women and an easy access for loans. I just need your support and your votes to make me the next president."

Speaking further Sowore said "We are in a country where children are watching their parents dying on a sick bed just because they can't afford twenty thousand naira to pay. Whenever the president and his aids are sick, they will fly out from the country in their private jets to treat themselves. What about us that do not have the money to take ourselves out, are we going to die? it is sad and this is one of the things my administration will put into to consideration."

One of the market women who spoke in Yoruba said "we are so lucky to have a young and intelligent man that will surely become the next president in our lifetime"

Speaking further the woman said "we are going to support you with all what we have so as to make sure you emerge as the president of this country. With all what you've promised us, we are so excited"

Sowore urged the students who were present at the venue to face their studies and as well get their PVCs so as to vote him when the time comes. "We need to take this country back from the looters and make the country work again. It is our collective responsibilities to do so. How many of you can boast of eating three square meal or have the assurance of better future?" He concluded.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Visits Ibadan, Stormed Venue With His Trademark. by highqueen(f): 9:39am On Jun 23, 2018
this one is trying.
Re: Sowore Visits Ibadan, Stormed Venue With His Trademark. by Redomi(m): 9:41am On Jun 23, 2018
Wetin concern me?
Re: Sowore Visits Ibadan, Stormed Venue With His Trademark. by MrPolitics: 9:51am On Jun 23, 2018
Poor journalism. Is it these people that are not up to 500 that is massive crowd?
Re: Sowore Visits Ibadan, Stormed Venue With His Trademark. by citizenY(m): 9:56am On Jun 23, 2018
MrPolitics:
Poor journalism. Is it these people that are not up to 500 that is massive crowd?

Is this Premier hotel reception? let him pull a crowd to Liberty Stadium, then i will think seriously about him.

Until then..... no dice.
Re: Sowore Visits Ibadan, Stormed Venue With His Trademark. by mpianya39(m): 10:12am On Jun 23, 2018
Somewhere in Ibadan cool cool cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Moment Atiku Abubakar Met Dino Melaye At The PDP Mou Signing. Photos / 2019: See How Nigerians Will Give Buhari 13m Votes – Lauretta Onochie / Don't Expect Adeleke Not To be Rigged Out by Soibi Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.