Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Tithe Controversies: Understanding The Whole Truth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe Controversies: Understanding The Whole Truth (299 Views)

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tithe Controversies: Understanding The Whole Truth by princevinco(m): 2:46pm On Jun 23, 2018
It is highly unfortunate that the issue of tithe or tithing, one of a Biblical truth should be a subject matter of controversies. This is because great and powerful men of God are all teaching and interpreting the issue differently.

Some teachings are in favor of paying tithe to God while others are totally against it. However, Romans 3:4a said, God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar. I said this because the truth is the truth no matter who is against it or in favor of it.

The major reason why some of these men of God are teaching differently is purely the result of ignorance. David lamented in the book of Psalms 82:5-6

They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. I have said, Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High.

Also, Jesus chided the Jews and the religious leaders of his time in the book of Mathew 22:29 “Jesus answered and said unto them, ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God”

Of all the teachings on tithe or tithing, the man of God that greatly erred in his teaching is Pastor Chris Ojigbani whose teaching is the only false teaching. He teaches that it is a sin to pay or receive tithe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTnS3VxNUI. He erred because he could no longer know the meaning of what sin is.

Coming to the subject matter of paying tithe to God or not, those who are against it are right while those in favor of paying tithe are equally right. It is you therefore who should prove any of the two school of taught that applied to you that you should follow.

For a complete article please you can visit this site: http://www.destinymoulders.com/tithe-controversies-understanding-the-whole-truth/#more-4181

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Donates #1million For Mosque And Islamic Centre Building / Does Mfm Operate By The Holy Spirit, Soul Power Or The Flesh / Quesytion. Will God Understand And Forgive Me If.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.