Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Are Nigerians Really Hypocrites? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Really Hypocrites? (320 Views)

Tinubu: Should Nigerians Really Shut Up? By Promise Adiele / Are Nigerians Really This Stupid Or Are They Pretending To Be This Stupid!(pics) / Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Really Hypocrites? by Lilimax(f): 3:00pm On Jun 23, 2018
Hypocrites!!!
All I heard was: "It's a gooooooaaaaal! Nigeria has scored...Nigeria has won...Our boys have done it!"
I didn't hear, "Aboki has scored," "A herdsman has scored," "Almajiri scored the goal," "We won't take the goal because it was scored by an uncircumcised Muslim."
And I didn't hear Igbos abusing Yorubas on Facebook, blaming them for everything that has ever gone wrong in their lives and in the lives of their fathers, grandmothers and great grandfathers.
On their part, the Yorubas did not embark upon the fruitless journey of trying to explain their position just so they can exonerate (and extricate) themselves from the accusations the Igbos heaped on them, insulting the Igbos back in the process. I didn't hear that.
For once, nobody talked about balkanizing Nigeria.
For 90 plus minutes, Buhari and those surrounding him did not take any abuses from Nigerians.
For once, we were all proudly Nigerians!
There is unity in diversity.
How Nigerians comported themselves today gave credence to that.
From North Central to Northeast to Northwest to Middle Belt to Southeast to South-South to Mid-West to Southwest, Nigeria is beautiful!
There is nothing wrong wth Nigeria!
Except...
Nigeria lacks inclusiveness!
Nigeria only works for some Nigerians!
What...
If only Nigeria can work for every Nigerian...
If only Nigerian leaders know what it means to lead...
If only votes can count in Nigeria...
If only elections instead of selections can happen in Nigeria...
If only favoritism, nepotism and cronyism can be made history in Nigeria...
Nigeria is beautiful!
Congratulations, Nigeria!
Have you prayed for Nigeria today? Copied from Kaanyo Nwachukwu

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Really Hypocrites? by gidgiddy: 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2018
Lilimax:
Hypocrites!!!
All I heard was: "It's a gooooooaaaaal! Nigeria has scored...Nigeria has won...Our boys have done it!"
I didn't hear, "Aboki has scored," "A herdsman has scored," "Almajiri scored the goal," "We won't take the goal because it was scored by an uncircumcised Muslim."
And I didn't hear Igbos abusing Yorubas on Facebook, blaming them for everything that has ever gone wrong in their lives and in the lives of their fathers, grandmothers and great grandfathers.
On their part, the Yorubas did not embark upon the fruitless journey of trying to explain their position just so they can exonerate (and extricate) themselves from the accusations the Igbos heaped on them, insulting the Igbos back in the process. I didn't hear that.
For once, nobody talked about balkanizing Nigeria.
For 90 plus minutes, Buhari and those surrounding him did not take any abuses from Nigerians.
For once, we were all proudly Nigerians!
There is unity in diversity.
How Nigerians comported themselves today gave credence to that.
From North Central to Northeast to Northwest to Middle Belt to Southeast to South-South to Mid-West to Southwest, Nigeria is beautiful!
There is nothing wrong wth Nigeria!
Except...
Nigeria lacks inclusiveness!
Nigeria only works for some Nigerians!
What...
If only Nigeria can work for every Nigerian...
If only Nigerian leaders know what it means to lead...
If only votes can count in Nigeria...
If only elections instead of selections can happen in Nigeria...
If only favoritism, nepotism and cronyism can be made history in Nigeria...
Nigeria is beautiful!
Congratulations, Nigeria!
Have you prayed for Nigeria today? Copied from Kaanyo Nwachukwu

Stop talking like a fool. So a 90 minute game of football is what the unity of your country is based on? That is pathetic and shows that your country is the disaster Kanu said it was.

When other people are united out of mutual respect, love, trust and admiration, nation building and brotherliness, you as a Nigerian have to wait until your national team scores a goal to see any unity? How laughable

People were united in their love of football and not love for the unity of Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Internally Generated Revenue For Akwa Ibom State Hits N6.85 Billion / Our Nation Is Safe Again – Buhari Praises Nigerian Military / See How PDP Ganged Up With 38 Parties To Kick Out Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.