Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,605 members, 7,851,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:53 PM

Tale Of The Experimental Tailed - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tale Of The Experimental Tailed (243 Views)

Drinks Company Appoints AI Robot As 'experimental CEO / Goodnews: Experimental Covid-19 Treatment Remdesivir Shows Promise In Studies / Tale Of A Ritualist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tale Of The Experimental Tailed by BalogunIdowu(m): 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
Recently, I had the opportunity of following one of my physiology lecturers to the animal farm where animals meant for research and or experiments are kept. He his doing some works on white rats. They were all kept into different boxes with about six of them in each. One thing that amazed me was when he uncovered some of the boxes about three of them and the rats couldn't escape even though some raised their heads to the brim and back into their boxes and continued their play as I'd say. They never came out not to talk of planning to get away.

This made me wonder for a while that this could be the similar situation of several people out there. So many of us remain at a particular position, level, or environment for a very long time. Well it's not a bad idea if you are going international from your locality or if you are adding more value to yourself and improving yourself simultaneously. However to a number of us, our situation is just like the white rats which I believe their predicament is as a result of growing up in that box. It has restricted their world and made them think that where they are is their whole world and nothing more. This is what has restricted their movements even when the box was left opened.

Our lives can be such like this if we don't improve in our skills, increase our knowledge, expose ourselves, leave our immediate locality to see the world beyond. This will avoid us falling into same situation like my little pinky and the brains (for those who watches animation like myself). Let us break our bounds, come out of our shackles, live beyond where stay. We shouldn't be local champions. Those kind of rat cannot survive when placed amongst other house rat, sadly they may be looking for their deceptive old home thinking they lost everything not knowing they have been given everything except for the fact that they are at risk of treat by you and I.

When we are prepared for the outside world, we won't run back into our shells when we are suddenly exposed to them. Our background should not take our backs to the ground. Let us save ourselves from becoming a laboratory rat that is restricted to its fantasised home thinking that is all. There is much more, I mean much more and always there will be much more to whatever we are now. Go now and prepare yourselves, because luck is when opportunity meets preparedness!

Balogun idowu ismaheel
IndigenousGenius
300L, medicine and surgery
LASUCOM

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dear Nigerians, Social Media Is Not A Church / Please, Read / How To Hack Wi-fi Signal Without Coding Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.