Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Which Spark Plug Is The Best For My Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Spark Plug Is The Best For My Car? (1217 Views)

Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed / 5 Signs Of A Defective Spark Plug In Your Car / What Are The Causes Of Spark Plug Soaked With Oil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Spark Plug Is The Best For My Car? by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2018
WHICH SPARK PLUG IS BEST FOR MY CAR?

Spark plugs are one of the most important components in the internal combustion engine system. It creates a spark which ignites the fuel when it is in the combustion chamber which in turn creates the power that drives the wheels. Spark plugs are essentially the life of the combustion process in a petrol car. Bad spark plugs can lead to poor gas mileage, rough idling, engine misfiring and difficulty when starting the car. If you have noticed the above or you feel it is time to change your spark plug, then this article would teach the different types of spark plugs available and the one most right for your car.

Copper spark plugs: These are the lowest grade of spark plugs. It comes with a copper electrode coated with a nickel alloy. Nickel alloys are usually soft and wear out easily which makes copper spark plugs more suited for a 20000 to 60000-miles usage. copper spark plugs are much more suited for older cars (pre-80s).

Platinum spark plugs: These spark plugs are a level ahead of copper spark plugs. They are styled after copper spark plugs but this time with a platinum disc welded to the electrode. Platinum is much harder than Nickel alloys and can hold itself for at least a 100000-mile usage.

Double platinum spark plugs: These spark plugs have two platinum discs. One is on the gap and another is welded to the electrodes. They are designed for engines with a waste spark system.

Iridium spark plugs: These are the highest grade of spark plugs and they are the most expensive. They last longer than platinum plugs with usage up to the 200000-mile range. Many car manufacturers require that iridium spark plugs be strictly used in the coil on plug systems.

The best way to know the best spark plug is to consult your owners manual. If your owners manual specifies that you restrict yourself to a certain spark plug type then please do but if it does not you can always upgrade to a higher type but never downgrade to a lower cheaper version.

If you are having problems getting good spark plugs, then consult chi spare parts. Chi spare parts is Nigeria’s largest auto parts retail store.

https://chispareparts.com.ng/which-spark-plug-is-best-for-my-car/

(1) (Reply)

Recommend A Car Respray Or Oven Bake Place In Akwa Ibom / Camry 2007 For Sale) Neat And Clean / 8 Cheap Suvs Tougher Than A Jeep Wrangler (and 8 That Don’t Live Up)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.