Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,543 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Appreciate Your Pastors!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Appreciate Your Pastors!! (7362 Views)

I Am The Spiritual Father Of Some Of Your Pastors – Native Doctor Akwa Who Invit / What Your Pastors Don't Want You To Know - 98% Of Israel Don't Believe In Jesus / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 24, 2018
sabenabeauty:
Millions of NL users and not even 200 can subscribe to my YouTube page? sadsad

Share ur nude n watch me subscribe undecided
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 24, 2018
givan:

Share ur nude n watch me subscribe undecided
this thread is not for such, please be guided.. Sabenabeauty, take note, pls.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by BluntBoy(m): 10:29am On Jun 24, 2018
Tosinex:
1 Thessalonian 5:12-13 - "And we urge you brethren to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you and to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake..."

Men of God are Humans, they have their own frailties, they have their own problems, so don't look at them as Angels. If they have a proven character and integrity then you can always back on them! But don't look at them as being perfect, no they ain't. They also have a torn in their flesh, this is meant to humble them and not being proud therefore falling flat into the devils treachery. Pray for them they need your prayers, the devil attacks them more because of the destruction they wreck into his kingdom, Provide for them for they are servant of God sent on errands for the propagation of the gospel, and he that bless a prophet will also receive the blessings of a Prophet.

Help their ministry to grow in ways you can, the more it grows the more you also are being established, the more it expands the more you also will gain heights. Support their family in trying times, you can always reach out to them and let them know they've got your back. And don't forget to obey their commands, don't forget to listen to their corrections, don't forget to adhere to their instructions, they won't lead you astray, they are meant to guide you on the right path. God has chosen them to be the shepherd of your soul, they will account for everyone God has given them to shepherd, therefore don't give them tough times, they are sent to help you. Respect and appreciate them.
Hebrews 13:17 - "obey those who rule over you and be submissive, for they watch over your souls, as those who must give account...."

Don't join the ignorant to talk against them, yes they may have done wrong or have done something uncomely, but their judge is the one who appointed them, and if they plead their cause and they were strengthened and then turn against you, who will you run to.
Love and appreciate them, let them be glad they have you, don't let them sorrow over you, don't let their anger kindle against you, don't let their tongue turn against you, let their prayers surround you, let their mind be on you, they have an account to render on your behalf, let them render it worthily.
As for me I love my Pastors and I hope I can do more for them especially in giving, you too should do the same, and as you do these your ways will be blessed and you will be very successful. Stay blessed!
HAPPY BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY.
- T. R Fred.

This is what happens when you read the Bible like a novel.

Listen, the verses you provided are deeper than you think.

That verse is not asking the Church to submit without thinking neither does it say that "pastors" are the only ones who rule (rule in this context is not the same as authoritarianism) in the church.

1 Like

Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 24, 2018
Tosinex:
this thread is not for such, please be guided.. Sabenabeauty, take note, pls.

Baba dey ur lane. I wasn't asking her to do it on ur rubbish thread. She knows where to share it on.

See as u they talk like say you no go watch if she share. Mumu boy.

Sabenabeauty please share it on your YouTube page or directly to my telegram account.

Happy Sunday n have a nice day.

Mumu boy KEEP OFF!!!
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by lexy2014: 11:19am On Jun 24, 2018
frankgreat:
Hebrews 13:17 - "obey those who rule over you and be submissive, for they watch over your souls, as those who must give account...." it doesn't mean your pastors alone, also your president...if you respect your pastors you should also respect your president because he also rule over you..
did this scripture u quoted apply to Hitler
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by lexy2014: 11:27am On Jun 24, 2018
frankgreat:
Hebrews 13:17 - "obey those who rule over you and be submissive, for they watch over your souls, as those who must give account...." it doesn't mean your pastors alone, also your president...if you respect your pastors you should also respect your president because he also rule over you..
did this scripture apply to Hitler?
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Crusader1: 11:29am On Jun 24, 2018
Apostle Eugene Ogu.
Founder and senior Pastor of Abundant Life Evangel Mission.
A living testament of God's word.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by lexy2014: 11:31am On Jun 24, 2018
Tosinex:
1 Thessalonian 5:12-13 - "And we urge you brethren to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you and to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake..."

Men of God are Humans, they have their own frailties, they have their own problems, so don't look at them as Angels. If they have a proven character and integrity then you can always back on them! But don't look at them as being perfect, no they ain't. They also have a torn in their flesh, this is meant to humble them and not being proud therefore falling flat into the devils treachery. Pray for them they need your prayers, the devil attacks them more because of the destruction they wreck into his kingdom, Provide for them for they are servant of God sent on errands for the propagation of the gospel, and he that bless a prophet will also receive the blessings of a Prophet.

Help their ministry to grow in ways you can, the more it grows the more you also are being established, the more it expands the more you also will gain heights. Support their family in trying times, you can always reach out to them and let them know they've got your back. And don't forget to obey their commands, don't forget to listen to their corrections, don't forget to adhere to their instructions, they won't lead you astray, they are meant to guide you on the right path. God has chosen them to be the shepherd of your soul, they will account for everyone God has given them to shepherd, therefore don't give them tough times, they are sent to help you. Respect and appreciate them.
Hebrews 13:17 - "obey those who rule over you and be submissive, for they watch over your souls, as those who must give account...."

Don't join the ignorant to talk against them, yes they may have done wrong or have done something uncomely, but their judge is the one who appointed them, and if they plead their cause and they were strengthened and then turn against you, who will you run to.

Love and appreciate them, let them be glad they have you, don't let them sorrow over you, don't let their anger kindle against you, don't let their tongue turn against you, let their prayers surround you, let their mind be on you, they have an account to render on your behalf, let them render it worthily.
As for me I love my Pastors and I hope I can do more for them especially in giving, you too should do the same, and as you do these your ways will be blessed and you will be very successful. Stay blessed!
HAPPY BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY.
- T. R Fred.
do pastors "love and appreciate" their members? Are they genuinely glad that they have d people they have as their members?
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Geesaintagape: 11:35am On Jun 24, 2018
I don't know any pastor around me that should be appreciated all i know are business men in churches
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Neoteny(m): 11:46am On Jun 24, 2018
sabenabeauty:
Millions of NL users and not even 200 can subscribe to my YouTube page? sadsad

I'll subscribe simply because you're down right gorgeous
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Neoteny(m): 11:51am On Jun 24, 2018
ednut1:
in nigeria is there any genuine one All we have is a jobless man wakes up, rents a shop begin church, 2 members grow to 10. Dey rent d oda shop by the side . later dey move to a bigger space with canopy, from der to permanent site. All with tithes and contribution. Bt d church documents have his name,wife and kids name. Bunch of conmen

You got it just right.

They say god chose them. How do the sheep know? Was there ever a sign, like a burning bush or thunder and lightning?

No.

There's just the conman's word for it.

They've commercialized mass ignorance and delusions into a very lucrative business.

They blinded the lost sheep with daily FUD about spiritual attacks, village people, Muslims, evil cats, witches, and other such crap to divert their feeble minds from the institutionalized kleptomania of the church.

1 Like

Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 24, 2018
appreciate our pastors ke? hmmn OK o.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
BluntBoy:

This is what happens when you read the Bible like a novel.

Listen, the verses you provided are deeper than you think.

That verse is not asking the Church to submit without thinking neither does it say that "pastors" are the only ones who rule (rule in this context is not the same as authoritarianism) in the church.
this is what happens when you are fast in criticizing goodly work rather than understanding it with the mind of the Spirit. If you've read mindfully what was posted earlier you will have understood better but your arrogance took the better part of you.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by BluntBoy(m): 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tosinex:
this is what happens when you are fast in criticizing goodly work rather than understanding it with the mind of the Spirit. If you've read mindfully what was posted earlier you will have understood better but your arrogance took the better part of you.

What did you post other than verses misapplied?

You have turned "pastor" into an exclusive title for church leaders forgetting that the word "pastor" and "teacher" are linked in which case, even a Sunday school teacher is also a church leader watching over souls. You forget also that a father is also a church leader when he guides his children right.

You should have applied the verses to everyone who serves in the Church, even if they only teach two people. Your teaching will not have any good effect if it fails to align with the gospel. Teachings like yours allow people to only appreciate pastors. They forget others who watch over souls like deacons, evangelists, missionaries and even you and I who teach the Good News and attack false doctrines on Social media.

1 Like

Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by jaxxy(m): 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2018
Op i love ur statement and I think genuine pastors who follow the teachings and footsteps of Christ shud be appreciated immensely. However the sad truth is more than half of the pastor's currently in churches are either fake or nrver called to be pastors bt opted for it to rescue themselves from economical/financial distress and hardship.

Now even if u were not called to be a pastor bt did for economic, selfish and lack of job reasons atleast try to behave urself like u wud on a cooperate job bt yet sm of them disgrace the calling and hv absconded from the faith in their heart to the worship of mammon.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Aaronsrod: 2:48pm On Jun 24, 2018
Never forget. The Bible tells us a Man of God has power to kill you or your family and curse your generations if you speak badly of them.

Fear and obey them with total obedience.

We only have one chance to make Heaven.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by sabenabeauty(f): 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2018
Neoteny:

I'll subscribe simply because you're down right gorgeous

Thank youuuu, and please help share my link. I have a target to meet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGVLyDOiBto

1 Like

Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by dhesire(m): 3:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
To ALL genuine pastors - GRACIAS! UNA WEHDON OOO, Bless you ALL.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Lloydmario(m): 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
why pastors? Do you appreciate ur doctors and ur teachers
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by luvmijeje(f): 5:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
I appreciate my former pastor. He wasn't perfect but I learnt so much from him. I learnt that giving is according to how you are led. I learnt how to hear from God and I learnt who Martin Luther was, not the American.

He was a critical tool God raised to discover who I am in God.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
BluntBoy:

What did you post other than verses misapplied?

You have turned "pastor" into an exclusive title for church leaders forgetting that the word "pastor" and "teacher" are linked in which case, even a Sunday school teacher is also a church leader watching over souls. You forget also that a father is also a church leader when he guides his children right.

You should have applied the verses to everyone who serves in the Church, even if they only teach two people. Your teaching will not have any good effect if it fails to align with the gospel. Teachings like yours allow people to only appreciate pastors. They forget others who watch over souls like deacons, evangelists, missionaries and even you and I who lteach the Good News and attack false doctrines on Social media.

Your Sunday school teacher also watches over soul? Is that what he's appointed to do. Little wonder any one can jump out of church, plant some planks by the roadside and says God has called him. Well, in a well structured and organized church, it's not so.. Being a Bible class teacher is a privilege, being a deacon is an honor, being a pastor is to be called into an office to shepherd and watch over the souls of men. People that served are to be recognized and appreciated, and People that have been put in a referred office are worthy of double honor.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by BluntBoy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tosinex:
Your Sunday school teacher also watches over soul? Is that what he's appointed to do. Little wonder any one can jump out of church, plant some planks by the roadside and says God has called him. Well, in a well structured and organized church, it's not so.. Being a Bible class teacher is a privilege, being a deacon is an honor, being a pastor is to be called into an office to shepherd and watch over the souls of men. People that served are to be recognized and appreciated, and People that have been put in a referred office are worthy of double honor.

Oh really, so, being a pastor is a spiritual calling different from a Sunday school teacher?

So, what is Bishop? Is that also a honor?
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by BluntBoy(m): 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tosinex:

What do you understand by "watch over souls".

Because it appears like I need to leave everything for now and stop you from spreading your false teachings any further.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2018
BluntBoy:

What do you understand by "watch over souls".

Because it appears like I need to leave everything for now and stop you from spreading your false teachings any further.
because your Sunday school teacher handles the Sunday morning class he now assumes the Position of a Pastor, kindly go back to your Bible class, you need it alot neither did you know anything about church government.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by BluntBoy(m): 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tosinex:
because your Sunday school teacher handles the Sunday morning class he now assumes the Position of a Pastor, kindly go back to your Bible class, you need it alot neither did you know anything about church government.

Who is a pastor?
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
BluntBoy:

Who is a pastor?
Lolzz! Gosh! This is disheartening! Well I'm not hear to struggle words with you, like I said, you need to go learn and understand what church government is, or you expect me to teach you here, nah! When you've come to some level of understanding then we can dialogue. The scripture says faithful is He that called thee, who also will perform it 1 Thessalonian 5:24. In this present generation, anyone can come out and give himself a title as long as he is handling one activity in the church or the other. Have you been called into the office, have you been appointed and Anointed, can people validate you as one with a calling, So why assuming because you are serving in a certain capacity in the church you've assumed the position of a shepherd, yea you are a leader but you need to understand that there's government and hierarchy in the church.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by BluntBoy(m): 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tosinex:
Lolzz! Gosh! This is disheartening! Well I'm not hear to struggle words with you, like I said, you need to go learn and understand what church government is, or you expect me to teach you here, nah! When you've come to some level of understanding then we can dialogue. The scripture says faithful is He that called thee, who also will perform it 1 Thessalonian 5:24. In this present generation, anyone can come out and give himself a title as long as he is handling one activity in the church or the other. Have you been called into the office, have you been appointed and Anointed, can people validate you as one with a calling, So why assuming because you are serving in a certain capacity in the church you've assumed the position of a shepherd, yea you are a leader but you need to understand that there's government and hierarchy in the church.

Oh, please, stop this nonsense.

Listen, a pastor is an overseer. You don't need a special spiritual calling to be a pastor. If you aspire it, you will get it provided you fulfil certain requirements.

This is a trustworthy saying: If anyone aspires to be an overseer, he desires a noble task. (1 Timothy 3:1)

It is something you desire. The verse never said "if you are called". It says "if you aspire".

However, aspiration is not enough. There are requirements one must fulfil:

So an elder must be a man whose life is above reproach. He must be faithful to his wife. He must exercise self-control, live wisely, and have a good reputation. He must enjoy having guests in his home, and he must be able to teach. (1 Timothy 3:2)

The elders are the ones who oversaw the Early Church. They were men who had attained spiritual maturity. Stop spreading garbage about spiritual callings of pastors.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 24, 2018
BluntBoy:

Oh, please, stop this nonsense.

Listen, a pastor is an overseer. You don't need a special spiritual calling to be a pastor. If you aspire it, you will get it provided you fulfil certain requirements.

This is a trustworthy saying: If anyone aspires to be an overseer, he desires a noble task. (1 Timothy 3:1)

It is something you desire. The verse never said "if you are called". It says "if you aspire".

However, aspiration is not enough. There are requirements one must fulfil:

So an elder must be a man whose life is above reproach. He must be faithful to his wife. He must exercise self-control, live wisely, and have a good reputation. He must enjoy having guests in his home, and he must be able to teach. (1 Timothy 3:2)

The elders are the ones who oversaw the Early Church. They were men who had attained spiritual maturity. Stop spreading garbage about spiritual callings of pastors.
so your Sunday school teacher is an overseer! angry?
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by BluntBoy(m): 11:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tosinex:
so your Sunday school teacher is an overseer! angry?

Of course, he is, if he fulfils the requirement.

The point is all of us have been called to make disciples, not to be eternal disciples to some people who want to turn "pastor" into an exclusive right.

A father who is sound in the Word can teach his children right and in this way is an overseer.

The Church is a body of saints. In the Early Church, the Apostles appointed elders (overseers) in every church. These people were versed in the Word and were known to the Church from whom they were drawn. These men taught the flock.

And mind you, in the True Church, there is neither hierarchy nor government. There were elders and deacons in the Early Church, but they were not a form of hierarchy or government.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by Nobody: 4:34am On Jun 25, 2018
BluntBoy:

Of course, he is, if he fulfils the requirement.

The point is all of us have been called to make disciples, not to be eternal disciples to some people who want to turn "pastor" into an exclusive right.

A father who is sound in the Word can teach his children right and in this way is an overseer.

The Church is a body of saints. In the Early Church, the Apostles appointed elders (overseers) in every church. These people were versed in the Word and were known to the Church from whom they were drawn. These men taught the flock.

And mind you, in the True Church, there is neither hierarchy nor government. There were elders and deacons in the Early Church, but they were not a form of hierarchy or government.
Really! In the True Church there is no hierarchy or Government!? Are you joking or what! You yourself mentioned that the Apostles appointed the Elders, are the elders now equal to the Apostles because they are all Saints. The example you gave is even out of order, who is a father to his children before, church or not.

I don't want to even mention the levels of Grace and Anointing available in this offices because I'm sure you are not ready for it.
This nonsense is what some people believe and make them storm out of the church to start their own church business and then we have many weak churches all around the country.

Please meet your Spiritual mentor and talk with him or her, his got lot to explain to you and stop sounding naive here!
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by BluntBoy(m): 8:09am On Jun 25, 2018
Tosinex:
Really! In the True Church there is no hierarchy or Government!? Are you joking or what! You yourself mentioned that the Apostles appointed the Elders, are the elders now equal to the Apostles because they are all Saints. The example you gave is even out of order, who is a father to his children before, church or not.

I don't want to even mention the levels of Grace and Anointing available in this offices because I'm sure you are not ready for it.
This nonsense is what some people believe and make them storm out of the church to start their own church business and then we have many weak churches all around the country.

Please meet your Spiritual mentor and talk with him or her, his got lot to explain to you and stop sounding naive here!

Now, I see how ignorant you are. cheesy

I will help you.

The Apostles and prophets were the foundation in which the Church was built while Christ was the cornerstone.

In other words, Christ laid the foundation of the Church (by preparing the Twelve through discipleship). And when Christ went to Heaven, the Apostles continued with the Commission. The Apostles were not greater than the Elders. Every saint is equal in the sight of God. However, in the Early Church, the Apostles were like Christ in the sense that they were His direct students hence the duty fell on them to make some of the earliest and foundational decisions in the Church.

Christ Himself warned against modeling the Church after governments:

And Jesus having summoned them, said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and the great ones exercise authority over them.

It shall not be this way among you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant (Matthew 20:25-26)

I repeat that no one is greater than the other in the sight of God. Before God, there are no Jews nor Gentiles. Everyone is equal.

And you talk about level of Grace. Can you explain this with at least a Bible verse.
Re: Appreciate Your Pastors!! by deebrain(m): 9:33am On Jun 25, 2018
There are many genuine men of God and I know that God will lift them up very soon.

They are not the popular faces on TV today but, they will never be forgotten. They will rise.

I remember last month, a pastor of my friend (I was told) had a child and shared a glorious testimony that Sunday, only to loose the child on the day of its naming (the following Saturday!). The bros still went to church the next day to minister, testifying God's faithfulness.

It made me speechless.

What the genuine unknown ones preach, practice and go through, its so different from the big ones we see.

True clergies (whether Christian or Muslims) deserve commendation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christian Evangelist Dismantles Atheism With One Scientific Question / Tithe And Offering Unbiased - Pastor Bankie / The Efficacy Of Praying in JESUS' Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.