Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,337 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 (5660 Views)

Poll: Which team takes the three points?

Cameroon: 50% (18 votes)
Japan: 44% (16 votes)
Draw: 5% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 / World Cup 2010: Netherlands Vs Denmark [2 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by Litmus: 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2010
Very disappointing loss! And why the hell is Ghana leading the way? 

It should be Nigeria or South Africa, not Ghana!

Ghana should qualify for the next round. At least, I have my fingers crossed that they do grin   Africa needs more world cup spots so the further an African country goes in this world cup the better for all of Africa.

cool
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by johndavid1(m): 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2010
I don get eye problem becos of this cameroun match, shocked shocked shocked
EzeUche:

Very disappointing loss! And why the hell is Ghana leading the way? angry

are you jealous? stop it plz embarassed embarassed
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by Litmus: 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2010
Nigerians don't do Jealous. Jealousy is a quantity much frowned upon by many of the ethnicity in our country. He just probably trying to make a political statement.
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by pokua: 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2010
@Litmus, Wow! And why shouldn't it be Ghana?

This Ghana bashing must stop!!! What is the problem here, ? Are we seriously saying that Nigerians are that spiteful and petty, that a victory for Ghana is somehow a bad thing for Nigeria? Why should everything be about Nigerians!!! Someone other than Nigeria takes the spotlight and there is trouble.

These comments should not be featured here for any reason. Whether it is one amongst many positive comments (which I am grateful for) or not,  it still reflects badly on Nigerians. If you are good, fair-minded people, prove it.

I've always thought that the rivalry between Ghana and Nigeria was healthy and that we rooted for each other. Now, I know that I was wrong.

Ghana is doing well, Nigeria is not - so far, get over it.
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by Basseti: 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2010
EzeUche:

Very disappointing loss! And why the hell is Ghana leading the way? angry

Any african team that does well gets my vote, U guys should get off the "hate on Ghana" hatorade angry
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2010
Damn, I miss this game?

No more coffee. angry
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by Litmus: 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2010

pokua
@Litmus, Wow! And why shouldn't it be Ghana?

You've got it wrong. I wished Ghana good luck. cool cool
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by knick(m): 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2010
Haters, drop da division,thought we started as one?
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by katana: 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2010
They are the weakest African team. So no surprise.
Hoping African teams can do better by the second - round of matches.

Guys check out this site http://www.zeefantasyfootball.com

They are running a worldcup fantasy Game. Great prizes to be won.
Visit the site, register and form your team. Anyone Up to the Challenge!!!.
Try it out!!!!
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by ucyz09: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2010
katana:

They are the weakest African team. So no surprise.
Hoping African teams can do better by the second - round of matches.

Guys check out this site http://www.zeefantasyfootball.com

They are running a worldcup fantasy Game. Great prizes to be won.
Visit the site, register and form your team. Anyone Up to the Challenge!!!.
Try it out!!!!

have you won any prize cause most of this site will allow you waste your time at their site only to start telling stories when you want to redeem your prize. My man if you got the time you might just go ahead and play, but as for me i got better things to do with my time.
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by tipster: 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2010
190:

ok we don hear u
who go win the worldcup
and also 9ja-southkorea
9ja-greece
put the scores up

Like the saying goes ''when we get to the bridge we'll cross it'' just keep a date with us here I will always try my best to give out  predictions without no obligation, sentiment or fear of favour. You can visit my signature to get FREE prediction on other soccer games.

Meet you there!
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by ezan(m): 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2010
I would really blame the coach for how badly Cameroon played:

PAUL LE GUEN'S 'S GUIDE
HOW TO LOSE A GAME AS CAMEROON'S COACH WITH JAPAN IN AFRICA:

1. Bench Africa's best keeper, who can pull off the spectacular save. Replace him with a keeper who managed to let in 4 cheap goals (a cheap penalty inclusive) in your previous friendly.

2. Try out 10 variations of your defensive line - inclusive of testing 10 players in your right back position - and than play a new one when the world cup starts. All because your most trusted and creative right back made one very silly mistake in one game.

3. Play three defensive/holding midfielders with the most offensive of them (Makoun) played the deepest.

4. While playing three defensive midfielders have your best defensive midfielder sit out the whole match on the bench.

5. Play a 18 year old defender with 2 caps (Joel Matip) as your creative midfielder, whilst you have at least two quality attacking midfielders to choose from on the bench.

6. Play with absolutely no creative midfielders. Especially your star creative midfielder (Emana).

7. Play your star striker as a right winger.

8. Knowing you are extremely low on quality in the attack department (apart from your star striker) play three strikers.

9. When 1:0 down at the break after a terrible half by your team against a side you are expected to win with wait until the 60th minute to make a substitute. Then wait until the 75 minute to 'change the game'.

10. Wait until the 85th minute to tell your players to shoot from distance.

Did I miss anything?
No, not a thing. I'll add this: Eto'o is finished as a striker if he continues this winger nonsense whether for club or country. As an aside, are these boys having too much fun with the South African hotties? Surely, they looked tired and unfocused and after the rubbish I saw today Nigeria's performance is starting to look even better. Unbelievable!
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by CarlosVent(m): 9:48pm On Jun 14, 2010
I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT.

MAY BE CAMEROON UNDER ESTIMATED THIS JAPANESE DATS WHY DEY TOOK DEM UNAWARES.

AHHH GOD WHY DID DIS HAPPEN?
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by Onlytruth(m): 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2010
CarlosVent:

I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT.

MAY BE CAMEROON UNDER ESTIMATED THIS JAPANESE DATS WHY DEY TOOK DEM UNAWARES.

AHHH GOD WHY DID DIS HAPPEN?

Africans need to learn discipline and diligence. Nigeria fell to Paraguay and Denmark in 1998 for the very same reason. After we beat Spain in our first game, our heads swelled so much that we lost both matches by wide margins: 3-1 to Paraguay and 4-1 to Denmark.
I hope we don't underestimate Greece and South Korea in subsequent matches.
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by princekevo(m): 6:53am On Jun 15, 2010
With all the African team i have watched so, i still believe Nigerian played a better game against Argentina more than what i have seen so far. Nigerian Argentina Game even still remain one of the best game in this tournament so far. I cant wait for 17th to see my boys shut-up all the haterz in this forum.
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by RuuDie(m): 7:55am On Jun 15, 2010
I quite agree that the manager shoulders the blame for this loss. . . . but in fairness to him, this Cameroonian team is in tatters - even Jose Mourinho would find it a mammoth task making winners outta this team.

Changing the goalie is forgivable, knowing Kameni, he's probably done something in camp to ire the manager. . . .
leaving Alex song out - inexplicable and playing Moting as the main striker - logical but unwise.

I can understand the choice of Webo but not as a wing-man. Webo should have been the main forward. Webo made a strong case for himself in the qualifiers & friendlies with decent performances even though he was a substitute in most of those games.
Eto'o is equally not unfamiliar with playing on the wing as he does it a lot for Inter and even at Barca.

It is no secret, the Cameroonian side do not have a significant creative midfielder, Alex is probably the closest to that - Emana is a forward and not a midfielder - in fact, it'd be criminal to play him in that position. Same apllies for Ngouemo & Makoun. They also do not have pacey, tricky wingers either hence having to take a gamble with Eto'o there.
There's experience in abundance on the bench - Idrissou, Geremi, Rigobert, Ngouemo. . . . but a definite lack of pace and creativity; Idrissou being the most useful in the attacking sense for his aerial prowess.

When I really ponder over it, sympathes should go to Le Guen, he is currently working with a squad thats very lean on resources and absolutely short on talent. Maybe he was hoping for some form of flexibility, imagination and inventiveness from his forward-men (inter-change of positions and movement off the ball - if you notice, they rarely ever do that making their play rigid)

Maybe in years to come, the younger generation will step-up and produce the goods but this current side is just rubbish!
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by marutimon: 9:00am On Jun 15, 2010
RuuDie:
First of all Cameroon should be playing with two strikers up front and 4 men in midfield. They lost the game in midfield with the three DMs packed so close together that they had no room for manouveur. They really should have played wider out. Up front they will do better if they have two strikers closely working with each other in Eto'o and Webo or Choupo Moting.

No matter how mediocre Alex Song plays he ALWAYS brings stability to the midfield. Cameroon CAN NOT play WITHOUT Song. And it's been like that since 2008. Dropping him to the bench is unfathomable.

Eto'o does play on the wing for club, but at Barca he was mainly a pushed up striker and that's when he worked best. He is second to none in offside traps and running down the man. In order to do that you need to be closer to the center. On his right wing Eto'o can't lead the team,  he would even do much better as a '10'. And I think we can all agree that whilst playing rightwing at Inter he has not been a match winner. But notice that almost every time he is played up front he scores goals!

You say Emana is a forward and not a midfielder. But you are wrong. He is a midfielder and has always been a midfielder. He is almost never played as a striker for club in 10 years of club football. He is a typical '10' that is played just behind the strikers. I understand people mistake him for a striker, because he scores so many goals for his club, but he does that from an attacking midfielder position.

Makoun is a box-to-box midfielder and is better played higher up. He is not and never should be played as the deep defensive midfielder.

N'guemo is an central midfielder often played as defensive midfielder, but he does just fine played higher up and has enough creativity to create chances.

Geremi - lack of creativity I'm sorry, but I believe Cameroon started going downhill under Le Guen the moment he benched Geremi, who is the king of creativity, a great winger and decent right back. Also he may not be the paciest RB, but he still has some impressive legs.

You could also add that one of the most creative midfielders in the Cameroon squad is Stephane Mbia, who has been playing as a CB all season long for OM. Still the moment he pushed up and went in midfield he had Cameroon's best chance on goal.

I agree that Cameroon lack in creativity, but that's why Geremi, Emana, Eto'o and Song SHOULD ALWAYS START! Because THEY ARE CREATIVE. The problem with Cameroon is not that they lack talent - almost every single player on the Cameroonian bench is extremely talented. Problem is that there are too few players which you could call 'gamechangers' (Geremi, Eto'o, Assou-Ekotto and Emana for now) and that too many players in midfield are just too similar to each other - it's hard to differentiate one midfielder from another.
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by davidif: 9:26am On Jun 15, 2010
marutimon:

I would really blame the coach for how badly Cameroon played:

PAUL LE GUEN'S 'S GUIDE
HOW TO LOSE A GAME AS CAMEROON'S COACH WITH JAPAN IN AFRICA:

1. Bench Africa's best keeper, who can pull off the spectacular save. Replace him with a keeper who managed to let in 4 cheap goals (a cheap penalty inclusive) in your previous friendly.

2. Try out 10 variations of your defensive line - inclusive of testing 10 players in your right back position - and than play a new one when the world cup starts. All because your most trusted and creative right back made one very silly mistake in one game.

3. Play three defensive/holding midfielders with the most offensive of them (Makoun) played the deepest.

4. While playing three defensive midfielders have your best defensive midfielder sit out the whole match on the bench.

5. Play a 18 year old defender with 2 caps (Joel Matip) as your creative midfielder, whilst you have at least two quality attacking midfielders to choose from on the bench.

6. Play with absolutely no creative midfielders. Especially your star creative midfielder (Emana).

7. Play your star striker as a right winger.

8. Knowing you are extremely low on quality in the attack department (apart from your star striker) play three strikers.

9. When 1:0 down at the break after a terrible half by your team against a side you are expected to win with wait until the 60th minute to make a substitute. Then wait until the 75 minute to 'change the game'.

10. Wait until the 85th minute to tell your players to shoot from distance.

Did I miss anything?
Wow shocked shocked i thought Paul le Guen was a good coach, what a way to prove me wrong.
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by davidif: 9:32am On Jun 15, 2010
I CAN'T BELIEVE THE JAPANESE WON THIS GAME!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked EXCELLENT GAME BY THE JAPANESE, WISH THEM WELL THROUGHOUT THE TOURNAMENT.

WHAT AN AWFUL, AWFUL COACH PAUL LE GUEN IS.
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by marutimon: 10:26am On Jun 15, 2010
I actually initially was head over heels about Le Guen. Does anyone remember the first 4 qualifiers under Le Guen? Cameroon played beautiful, scintillating football. I.e. their game against Morocco was just perfect - total control and almost German like efficiency in creating chances.

But it's been all bad since the African Cup of Nations. Hopefully they'll pick up like they did after the Gabon game and still progress. It's still very likely:
Holland wins over Japan and guarantees themselves the second round. Cameroon win over Denmark. Denmark win over Japan and than goal difference will count as to who progresses.
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by RSA(m): 2:18pm On Jun 15, 2010
I think lack of proper preparation cost Camerron this game,but my gut tell me they'll make it through they've got enough quality and the right mix of experience and youth.
I know that atleast four African countries will make it to the last 16.
Re: World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 by katana: 5:05am On Jun 17, 2010
@ucyz09 i beleive in surpporting our own thing(www.zeefantasyfootball.com). they have not asked for my money. many nigerians play the foreign fanatasy leagues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. / Late Nigerian Boxer - Young Ali / How To Make Steady Wins Using The Zero Risk Betting System(see proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.