Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread - Phones (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread (103231 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / TECNO Camon X/X Pro Official Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by isaacosas01(m): 6:50pm On Jan 13, 2019
Pauljeks:
Mtn Band 7
Airtel Band 3

Boss which app showed you all this details. I need to try it oo. I also need it to confirm the new Glo 4g band in Ibadan.

Thanks.

Edit : A simple Google Search brought the app out

Just search Network cell info.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by JeffreyJames(m): 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2019
slawomir:

Okay o
Bros you win

So you are saying now that your app you installed on memory card are using space on memory card to run
Not your phone ram ?
Bros i hail o
Application are run and installed on ram of a phone not the ROM of a phone

Memory card and the ROM of a phone are the things that do merge when you merge them not the ram of that phone

How i wish i fit see you now make we set money because we don too argue

Applications are installed on Ram of phones?!! Do you have a comprehension problem or you're just being Mischievous?

It's obvious you know nothing. How can you say apps are installed on RAM of phones?!! Haba Bros!!

If we set money Bros I go empty your account because e dey obvious say you no know anything. You sure say you dey use android phone sef? Abi you be part of those people wey just dey use phone "just because"? undecided

Kai..he say na RAM dem dey install Applications!! How many gig ram be your phone? From the screenshot wey I show you you no see Real Racing 3 of 4.5gb for inside my memory card? How many gig be ram of phone?

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by JeffreyJames(m): 7:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
slawomir:

Okay maybe they are testing a new band
They better do o
Because this their band does not work on infinix note 5

Bros it works!! Go buy 4G SIM or move to a 4G area! No dey spread false info.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Dimeji271(m): 8:31pm On Jan 13, 2019
slawomir:

Okay o
Bros you win

So you are saying now that your app you installed on memory card are using space on memory card to run
Not your phone ram ?
Bros i hail o
Application are run and installed on ram of a phone not the ROM of a phone

Memory card and the ROM of a phone are the things that do merge when you merge them not the ram of that phone

How i wish i fit see you now make we set money because we don too argue

Oga I had to reset my nairaland password that I haven't used in years to tell you tthat you're stupid. How will you say apps are installed on the RAM of a phone? Like are u that dumb? Confirm things before u start arguing on it.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
Dimeji271:

Oga I had to reset my nairaland password that I haven't used in years to tell you tthat you're stupid. How will you say apps are installed on the RAM of a phone? Like are u that dumb? Confirm things before u start arguing on it.
hahahahaha.
Bros no be fight naaa grin
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Pauljeks(m): 9:38pm On Jan 13, 2019
isaacosas01:

Boss which app showed you all this details. I need to try it oo. I also need it to confirm the new Glo 4g band in Ibadan.

Thanks.

Edit : A simple Google Search brought the app out

Just search Network cell info.
So did you check the band
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by slawomir: 10:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
Dimeji271:

Do you know what is the difference between a ram and a ROM?

See the way you are insulting me as if you know what you are talking about
Mehnnn. He just clear say this country nor go fit move forward.
Imagine. And you don't even know anything. He just clear say na small small children full nairaland
If at your age you don't know that Apps that you download are installed, loaded and executed in the ram of your phone then you must be a zombie

Installation, retrieval, loading and executing are the work of a ram

Installation is not once
Installation, loading and executing keep on occuring when ever you open an application. If you like open twenty times in a day
Na that twenty times he go install
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by isaacosas01(m): 10:58pm On Jan 13, 2019
Pauljeks:

So did you check the band

Not in Ibadan rn
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by slawomir: 11:18pm On Jan 13, 2019
JeffreyJames:

Applications are installed on Ram of phones?!! Do you have a comprehension problem or you're just being Mischievous?

It's obvious you know nothing. How can you say apps are installed on RAM of phones?!! Haba Bros!!

If we set money Bros I go empty your account because e dey obvious say you no know anything. You sure say you dey use android phone sef? Abi you be part of those people wey just dey use phone "just because"? undecided

Kai..he say na RAM dem dey install Applications!! How many gig ram be your phone? From the screenshot wey I show you you no see Real Racing 3 of 4.5gb for inside my memory card? How many gig be ram of phone?

You save an application in your memory card don't mean you have installed it

That is why when an app is too big then your phone begins to slow.
Wait o
Una even know the meaning of installation

Installation is different from saving an application in a memory card
When you save an application of maybe 2.5 gig
Anytime you open that application means you are about to install it and ready to load
When you close the application then it automatically uninstall without you knowing
When you want to use it again it start the installation, loading and executing again
Na that one dey confuse Una so
Una think say to save and to install na the Same thing
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Dimeji271(m): 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2019
slawomir:

Imagine. And you don't even know anything. He just clear say na small small children full nairaland
If at your age you don't know that Apps that you download are installed, loaded and executed in the ram of your phone then you must be a zombie

Installation is not once
Installation, loading and executing keep on occuring when ever you open an application. If you like open twenty times in a day

Guy you're so dumb. OK tell me, if you download a game of 2.5gig on play store, do you know how long it takes to install? So what you are saying is, whenever I launch the game, it installs on the ram then whenever I close it, it uninstalls. Basically, it should take the same time it spends in installing the first time also whenever I launch it? Oga you're dumb and stupid together. Which course did you study in school abeg? Even computers that have higher RAMS don't install anything on the RAM
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by JeffreyJames(m): 4:27am On Jan 14, 2019
slawomir:

Wait o

Anytime you open that application means you are about to install it and ready to load
When you close the application then it automatically uninstall without you knowing
When you want to use it again it start the installation, loading and executing again

You're sounding more foolish by each post.

I'm done educating you.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by JeffreyJames(m): 4:28am On Jan 14, 2019
Dimeji271:

Guy you're so dumb. OK tell me, if you download a game of 2.5gig on play store, do you know how long it takes to install? So what you are saying is, whenever I launch the game, it installs on the ram then whenever I close it, it uninstalls. Basically, it should take the same time it spends in installing the first time also whenever I launch it? Oga you're dumb and stupid together. Which course did you study in school abeg? Even computers that have higher RAMS don't install anything on the RAM

You're wasting your time with that guy. I've never seen someone so confident in sounding so foolish.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Pauljeks(m): 6:05am On Jan 14, 2019
slawomir:

Wait o

Chairman listen when you download an app from play store it automatically installs the app inside your internal storage or external storage depending on your Android version but when you download from third party store like "apkmirror" with your browser then it saves the app inside your phone or external storage then when you click the app with your file manager it then installs the app then when you click the app icon from your launcher the app is then loaded in your ram and executed and trust me what is loaded inside a ram is not the entire app but just the particular code that is running at that particular time and when you shot down your phone every thing in your ram is gone because its just a temporary storage for executing apps

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by slawomir: 6:29am On Jan 14, 2019
Dimeji271:

To chop Una money go sweet die

Then after i don eat Una money
I go call my in-law for suwon make he talk to Una

By that time una eye go clear

I nor go argue with Una again
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Heinz(m): 8:05am On Jan 14, 2019
slawomir:

Wait o

Guy I had to find my nairaland details to tell you, your level of stupidity has gone worldwide. Reading that nonsense alone can reduce someone’s IQ. Gosh!! ��‍♂️

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by adefemi007(m): 8:27am On Jan 14, 2019
High quality SanDisk memory card available
Only 32GB is available for now
32gb SanDisk = N3500
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by LeJeun3: 8:34am On Jan 14, 2019
slawomir:

Wait o

Abeg go back to where you came from, this folly is too much na....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Dent(m): 9:01am On Jan 14, 2019
slawomir:

Installation is not once

Choi.....the confidence at which you defend your ignorance is baffling. Just respect yourself and learn.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Dimeji271(m): 10:16am On Jan 14, 2019
Pauljeks:

Chairman listen when you download an app from play store it automatically installs the app inside your internal storage or external storage depending on your Android version but when you download from third party store like "apkmirror" with your browser then it saves the app inside your phone or external storage then when you click the app with your file manager it then installs the app then when you click the app icon from your launcher the app is then loaded in your ram and executed and trust me what is loaded inside a ram is not the entire app but just the particular code that is running at that particular time and when you shot down your phone every thing in your ram is gone because its just a temporary storage for executing apps

Ode, it's the same place apps are installed when you download from play store and when you install the apk you downloaded from external websites
I wonder how you sound so confident with your stupidity.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Georgioo(m): 10:25am On Jan 14, 2019
Na wah ohh wetin i de read like this, why is google there u dnt have to rub ur ignorance on innocent intelligent people na, ram ko goat ni, how on earth will u install an app on ur ram, even pc dont do that oga no stay class when computer teacher de teach wetin ram and rom be.. i shame

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Georgioo(m): 10:32am On Jan 14, 2019
Phone RAM: The Basics

RAM stands for random access memory. This tells you any part of the data it stores can be accessed directly. The phone doesn’t have to scan through sequentially-stored data as you might do with a CD, an old tape cassette or, most importantly, a hard drive. It’s effectively instant-access.

Today’s phones’ general storage is random access too, because it’s comprised of eMMC chips rather than little spinning disc platters, but the most important distinction remains. A phone’s RAM is going to be much, much faster than the 8GB-64GB storage you use to store apps and music.

RAM is used to hold the data a phone, or any computer system, is currently using. That way the speed of the storage doesn’t become a bottleneck that slows the whole system down.

In the context of a phone, this means a chunk of an app’s data is loaded into RAM as soon as the app is started. Data is then shifted from RAM into a relatively tiny but even faster chunk of memory, the CPU caches, as it’s dealt with.

If the CPU is a chef, the cache is their chopping board, RAM the kitchen cupboards, and general storage the supermarket 15 minutes down the road. That gives you an idea of how impossibly slow a phone would be if it really only used the kind of ‘memory’ we install apps onto.

Source: Answer from Quora
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Georgioo(m): 10:34am On Jan 14, 2019
Where an app is stored very much depends on several criteria:

System apps / pre-installed-bloatware-apps are stored in /system/app with privileged apps in /system/priv-app (which are mounted read-only to prevent any changes). You may also find system apps in /custpack/app's subdirectories.
normal apps in internal memory go to /data/app
some apps (encrypted on internal storage?) go to /data/app-private
Apps stored on external memory go to an encrypted container in /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure. As at runtime Android needs them to be decrypted, it will decrypt them and store a decrypted copy on tmpfs (so it's gone on a reboot) in /mnt/asec
(you cannot simply look into /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure directly from the device; but if you use a card reader and attach the card to your PC, you will see the files there have the extension .asec instead of .apk -- from which you will get the connection to the name /mnt/asec).
the apps data are stored below /data/data/<package_name> (internal storage) or on external storage, if the developer sticks to the rules, below /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/<package_name>.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Georgioo(m): 10:35am On Jan 14, 2019
If you have ever ported a rom or messed with your system folder then you will understand what i posted above, but am sure that dude hasn't so no need am just doing this for curious people who refuse to be ignorant

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Kalapizim(m): 5:17pm On Jan 14, 2019
Georgioo:
If you have ever ported a rom or messed with your system folder then you will understand what i posted above, but am sure that dude hasn't so no need am just doing this for curious people who refuse to be ignorant
shocked shocked
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Pauljeks(m): 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2019
Dimeji271:

Ode, it's the same place apps are installed when you download from play store and when you install the apk you downloaded from external websites
I wonder how you sound so confident with your stupidity.
You must be very stupid for saying that i never said that when you install an app downloaded from external site that it is installed somewhere else i was trying to make the guy understand that "saving" is when you download an app with your browser(i.e ucweb) and "installing" is when you click the app from your file manager or if it was downloaded from play store which is automatically installed and "executing" is when the app is loaded inside the ram
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 15, 2019
U guys should stop this argument abeg...there is a reason why all internal memory are usually incomplete both in laptop's once an operating system installed. Part of the internal storage are used as the Rom or considered as the Rom where the OS and other user or third-party apps are installed. For Our android its known as the Emmc and its not same as the ram. That's why you can remove an hadrive from a particular laptop, slot it into another laptop (even different make) and still get every configuration and files intact in the new laptop. Same thing on a phone, if I pull out an Emmc from a particular phone and install into another phone with same configuration.. the highest error i can get its encryption unsuccessful and that's the ram showing such which means I should format my new emmmc or internal memory to work with the ram.

Till today you can run an Android device through a memory card and it will run perfectly.

The ram is just a use and dump memory, or what ever they call it, an operating memory. It doesnt save or retain files. Once you close an app it cut ties with ram and remain in the Rom waiting for another execution.

Then the internal memory can be can be compared to memory card..you can format them in an format they would still access files.. what they store actually are non operating files..since android 6.0 all core files are stored in the Rom which is carved out from the entire internal memory or emmc. So even when u click format in your phone internal memory, it can only format your non operating files and never your Installed apps.

Whats confusing the guy is just partition understanding..

You apps are store in a partition inside your Emmc,internalstorage,Rom or whatever you call it and never in your ram. Only certain core apps execution are permanently opened in the ram,and that's why even without opening any apps our ram is always depleted.

My one cent
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by felasey1(m): 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2019
EMMAUGOH:
U guys should stop this argument abeg...there is a reason why all internal memory are usually incomplete both in laptop's once an operating system installed. Part of the internal storage are used as the Rom or considered as the Rom where the OS and other user or third-party apps are installed. For Our android its known as the Emmc and its not same as the ram. That's why you can remove an hadrive from a particular laptop, slot it into another laptop (even different make) and still get every configuration and files intact in the new laptop. Same thing on a phone, if I pull out an Emmc from a particular phone and install into another phone with same configuration.. the highest error i can get its encryption unsuccessful and that's the ram showing such which means I should format my new emmmc or internal memory to work with the ram.

Till today you can run an Android device through a memory card and it will run perfectly.

The ram is just a use and dump memory, or what ever they call it, an operating memory. It doesnt save or retain files. Once you close an app it cut ties with ram and remain in the Rom waiting for another execution.

Then the internal memory can be can be compared to memory card..you can format them in an format they would still access files.. what they store actually are non operating files..since android 6.0 all core files are stored in the Rom which is carved out from the entire internal memory or emmc. So even when u click format in your phone internal memory, it can only format your non operating files and never your Installed apps.

Whats confusing the guy is just partition understanding..

You apps are store in a partition inside your Emmc,internalstorage,Rom or whatever you call it and never in your ram. Only certain core apps execution are permanently opened in the ram,and that's why even without opening any apps our ram is always depleted.

My one cent
you rock bro

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by maik99(m): 9:08am On Jan 16, 2019
akinremedy:
based in Lagos but on a visit to Ibadan at the moment. I use Ntel in Lagos, but when i travelled to Ibadan, i had to buy a glo sim to subscribe, and i was shocked to see 4G network on my phone

seems glo has launched a new 4g band in IB..they should make haste and bring it to other states..a lot of people will port to glo
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Kalapizim(m): 11:34am On Jan 17, 2019
maik99:

seems glo has launched a new 4g band in IB..they should make haste and bring it to other states..a lot of people will port to glo
glo just tire me ehnn
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Sportwin(m): 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2019
hello all

just got this phone

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by Sportwin(m): 9:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
RainjamesAkwu:
After about three weeks of using infinix note 5 stylus I have these to say, the phone is over rated.
1. Poor back camera
2. Doesn't support 4G network
3. Finger print is not reliable
4. No tap to wake.
5. Lacks basic functions on infinix due to the so called android one.
In conclusion, I will advice you all not the buy the phone.

are all this facts true?
can i use two sims same time as memory card ?

how good is the ba3?
Re: Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread by akinremedy(m): 10:26am On Jan 19, 2019
Sportwin:

are all this facts true?
can i use two sims same time as memory card ?

how good is the ba3?

not true... the battery is great, u can use both sims and a memory card.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (47) (Reply)

The LeEcoThread / LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! / How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.