Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech (40251 Views)

Teni Reacts As She Loses The BET "New International Act Award" / Patapaa Suit, Outfit To Ghana Music Award, As Davido Wins (Photo) / Wizkid Reacts To His MOBO 2017 Best International Act Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by Xander85: 10:49am On Jun 25, 2018
tballeyy:
I keep telling people that OBO is the best in Africa. Who is wizkid? A mere Dog

He truly deserves the award.

Wasn't that much into his music before, but what converted me was IF, FALL and FIRE-FIRE-BURN. smiley
Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by Bestchoice4me(m): 11:16am On Jun 25, 2018
Sharap Dia... He wasn't begging anyone, Did he beg R. Kelly before d dude go ahead and remix his IF song last year.. Those niggas are feeling the African vibe too... Stop hating.
rentAcock:
lol. Why will you come on stage and start begging American artistes to collaborate with you? They turned off his mic immediately. Such a rookie, amateurish, and desperate move.

1 Like

Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by mimimile93: 11:36am On Jun 25, 2018
cute9ja:

Nigerian musical superstar Davido last night won the 2018 BET Best International Act Award.

In a keenly contested category, Davido won ahead of the likes of Cassper Nyovest , Fally Ipupa,
J Hus, Tiwa Savage, Stefflon Don and Stormzy to claim the highly coveted award.

Watch his acceptance speech below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyMtQF1S-V4

It was the first time any Nigerian will receive the BET award on the main stage, with hundreds of celebrity audience cheering.

Davido used the opportunity to condole with D'Banj, who lost his son yesterday, and he also urged more foreign stars to collaborate with Nigerians/Africans, calling out names like J.Cole and Migos.

SOURCE - http://www.nigerianeye.com/2018/06/video-davido-wins-2018-bet-best.html

Super Eagles have to console D'Banj with a win against Argentina tomorrow...
Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by Ajoboss(m): 11:52am On Jun 25, 2018
rentAcock:
lol. Why will you come on stage and start begging American artistes to collaborate with you? They turned off his mic immediately. Such a rookie, amateurish, and desperate move.
guy u'r just being unreasonable..there's absolutely nothing wrong with what he said..
What if he was actually begging..u...don u beg
Abeg pack for one corner jor
Bad belle grin
Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by muosky(m): 12:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
Are you serious? Why sound so bitter! You should be seen on some stage too.
rentAcock:
Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by pascalbenz: 12:17pm On Jun 25, 2018
Nairalanders with there problems... If no be messi vs ronaldO na, wizkid vs davidO or afonja vs the igbO. abgeiii my hear word....
tballeyy:
Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by rentAcock(m): 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
Bestchoice4me:
Sharap Dia... He wasn't begging anyone, Did he beg R. Kelly before d dude go ahead and remix his IF song last year.. Those niggas are feeling the African vibe too... Stop hating.

Mumu, watch the video first. You don't do that, calling people out because they didn't return your call or they don't want to collaborate with you. Nobody else did that, its a desperate rookie move. If e dey pain you, jump inside lagoon.

1 Like

Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by rentAcock(m): 12:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
vowsng:

Hate will not kill you, do you ever know what is marketing? Do you know how many people that be willing to listen to a song between him and the people he mentioned? If you even get to meet trump in a crowed, wouldn't you beg him to intervene in nigerians problem? Guy get out abeg.

You are a fool just like Davido. You don't come on a big stage and start calling out artistes who didn't return your call or begging them to call you. Good thing they muted his mic, he might have spent another 5 minutes calling out big hip-hop artistes

1 Like

Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by rentAcock(m): 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
Larryslim:

Liar!!!
Did you even watch it,he talked about America artiste coming to Africa, then he said his album drops by September and he said "all the artistes here let's collaborate,am saying it now,Jcole,quavo"..
He was applauded!
Do you know the opportunity he already has to collaborate with those artiste??

Ewu he said "Jcole i'm wating for that voicemail" that right there is a desperate rookie move. If Davido is as big as he portrays himself to be, he shouldn't be begging other artistes to collaborate with him, they should come knocking or if he contacts them, they should be willing to feature in his songs. You don't just force yourself into the same club as these guys, you have to first earn it and they will come trooping in.

1 Like

Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by tballeyy(m): 1:11pm On Jun 25, 2018
goslowgoslow:

You called somebody a dog!!! Are you not worst than a dog? I pity your life.
u pity ur miserable life first. Olobe
Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by rentAcock(m): 1:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
blacknp:
His 15 seconds of fame,he is about the future not for myopic blind rodents like yourself even if they turn off all the microphones and the lights on stage the most important thing he got his message across.

More international collabs,more airplay,more US Dollars.10 years from now Davido will be an idol to the upcoming music generation of that era. When you see whiz kid spending Naira know a good chunk is from Drake's Dollars for one dance. When you make over a million dollars on one song,you do the maths in Naira.

Can you imagine Davido doing a track with Nikki Minaj or Cardi B?you get a million dollars for just walking into the studio. Baba Olowo yahoo Boyz turned musicians.

You are a confirmed dunce, don't come on the stage begging for collaboration, once you are good enough, they will pick up your call. That's a rookie, amateurish and desperate move especially from a person of Davido's caliber, he dropped the ball there.

1 Like

Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by niyot124: 4:39pm On Jun 25, 2018
rentAcock:

Lol, actually the appreciation speeches are usually timed, I think one minute or so. It's like that in most standard award shows.
Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by atilla(m): 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2018
Category1:
wen they tell these celebs to put their families lives off social media, e go be like say na play... Wetin a year old boy dey find for swimming pool?... Wen I heard abt the death of that cute boy from tunde ednut, I had to go to dbanj page to know if it's really true and I was so shocked.
As that boy small like that, he don't get him own ig page Ooooooooh..

And as for davido, anybody that says wizkid is better than this dude currently have no shame. This dude buy songs or rather buy lyrics since he might not know how to write or compose. But the other dude called wizkid doesn't, he just keeps spitting out garbage and some fans fall for it.... What is soco soco, soco soco soco seriously? And u wan blow for US.mtcheww

Sebi Davido too sang Aje Aje. Aje Aje. Aje Aje? Just wondering isn't anyone that buys his work ( e.g an artist buying lyrics and songs) rated lower than someone that does his own work?
I think they use their international collabos to rate them, and so far wiz kids have been better
Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by ShinyJay22(m): 11:35pm On Jun 25, 2018
Seems most people haven't heard the saying " a closed mouth is a closed destiny" abeg Davido carry go jor.Blow your horns you have every right to...
Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by mechanics(m): 12:44am On Jun 26, 2018
Congrats to him.
Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by NnamdiEducamia(m): 5:06am On Jun 26, 2018
tballeyy:

If Wizkid with all his achievements and influence is zero mere Dog, then who are YOU? shocked grin grin
Re: Davido Wins 2018 BET Best International Act Award + Acceptance Speech by themodernman: 6:16am On Jun 26, 2018
rentAcock:

That's why them dey give them the award backstage jejely in the 1st place, so that we no go embarrass awasef for public...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Charles Awurum Warns Regina Daniels Not To Play With Any Other Man [video] / Tony Anyasador Died Due To Poor Medical Team And Facilities - GISTVIC / Nina Ivy Gets A Range Rover Gift From Her Husband (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.