Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Repent And Receive The Kingdom Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Repent And Receive The Kingdom Of God (240 Views)

Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him / Fastest Way To Receive The Gift Of Sound Prophecy, Dreaming, Vision, Healing Etc / The Fail-safe Way For You To Receive The Holy Spirit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Repent And Receive The Kingdom Of God by Kei144(m): 7:39am On Jun 25, 2018
Mt. 12:28 But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Col. 1:27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

The kingdom of God is simply “the Holy Spirit or Christ in you". “Christ” means “the Anointing”. “Jesus Christ" means “Jesus the anointed One”. The Anointing is the Holy Spirit of God. If anyone that has the Holy Spirit, God is in the person through the Holy Spirit and Jesus is connected to the person through the Holy Spirit. The person belongs in the kingdom of Jesus Christ, which is the kingdom of God.
Re: Repent And Receive The Kingdom Of God by Kei144(m): 7:43am On Jun 25, 2018
Repentance

1Jn. 5:19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

Ro. 7:18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. [Or my flesh] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.
Ro. 7:19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do — this I keep on doing.

Life in this world is controlled by Satan’s spirits, or demons. It is the demonic control of the human body that makes it very difficult for a normal human being to perfectly do the will of God. As soon as Satan succeeded in deceiving Adam and Eve into eating the forbidden fruit in the Garden of God, Satan flooded mankind with evil spirits. Every descendant of Adam inherited evil spirits.

Ro. 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God — this is your spiritual act of worship.
Ro. 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is — his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Repentance is making the decision that you no longer want to live by the dictates of demons. You no longer want to be a slave to sin (demons), but rather you want to offer your body to God as a living sacrifice. You want to live a life that is holy and pleasing to God; this way of life is the real spiritual act of worship.

It is only through the Holy Spirit that a person could live a life that is holy and pleasing to God. Hence, when you decide to no longer be a slave to sin (demons), you must ask: How do I receive the Holy Spirit of God?
Re: Repent And Receive The Kingdom Of God by Kei144(m): 7:49am On Jun 25, 2018
How to Receive the Holy Spirit

Different churches have different doctrines of how to receive the Holy Spirit, but I only believe what the Bible says about receiving the Holy Spirit.

1Pe. 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

The way to receive the Holy Spirit of God is by following the example given to us by Jesus Christ.

Mt. 3:13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptised by John.
Mt. 3:14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptised by you, and do you come to me?”
Mt. 3:15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfil all righteousness.” Then John consented.
Mt. 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptised, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.

Ac. 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus submitted himself to the ministry of John the Baptist and was baptized by John. Shortly after the baptism, God breathed His Holy Spirit into Jesus and declared him to be His Son. In Ac. 2:38, Apostle Peter makes it clear that anyone who wants to receive the Holy Spirit must also be baptized in water. This means that the person who wants to receive the Holy Spirit of God must submit her/himself to a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ, for baptism in water and prayer to receive the Holy Spirit (Lk. 11:13).

So-called orthodox churches, such as Roman Catholic and Anglican, baptize people when they are infants. When the baptized infants grow up, they go through “confirmation” in which a bishop lays hand on the person being confirmed. Apparently, the confirmation procedure is supposed to be for receiving of the Holy Spirit (Ac. 19:6); but does the bishop actually pray for the person being confirmed to receive the Holy Spirit or is the procedure just a confirmation of the person’s membership of the church? Even if the bishop prays for the gift of the Holy Spirit, the idea of separating water baptism from prayer for the Holy Spirit by a long period of time is not biblical. If the orthodox churches must baptize infants, they should also pray for the infants to receive the Holy Spirit and thereafter make sure that as the child grows up s/he knows and believes that s/he is God’s property.

As a Christian, are you sure that you have the Holy Spirit? The kind of water baptism that you went through has a lot to do with whether or not you have the Holy Spirit. Did the baptizer pray and lay hand on you for God to give you the Holy Spirit? In Acts 19, Apostle Paul had to organize proper baptism for a group of believers who had been baptized by John the Baptist, after which he prayed and laid hand on them to receive the Holy Spirit.
Re: Repent And Receive The Kingdom Of God by Kei144(m): 8:01am On Jun 25, 2018
The Righteousness of God

Mt. 6:31 So do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?’ or `What shall we drink?’ or `What shall we wear?’
Mt. 6:32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
Mt. 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Life in the world is driven by worry. Demons use worry to manipulate people. After you have been prayed for to receive the Holy Spirit of God, whether you see any visible evidence of the Holy Spirit (like speaking in tongue) or not, make up your mind that your body is God’s property, because the Holy Spirit of God is now in you. Make up your mind that you must now offer your body as a living sacrifice to God by living a life that is holy and pleasing to God.

Col. 2:9 For in Christ all the fulness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
Col. 2:10 and you have been given fulness in Christ, who is the Head over every power and authority.
Col. 2:11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ.

The kingdom of God is to have fullness of the Deity in a human body. The Holy Spirit you have received is the fullness of the Deity. The righteousness of God is the putting off of the sinful nature with circumcision done by Christ (the Holy Spirit).

Ep. 1:19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength.

The Holy Spirit possesses the power of God. A person that has the Holy Spirit of God has the divine power in her/him. The power is available for the person that has the Holy Spirit to use. The number one thing a son of God should do with the divine power is to circumcise his soul. It is the evil spirits operating in man that makes it difficult for man to do the will of God. Circumcision of the soul involves driving out all the evil spirits through the Holy Spirit.

1Co. 14:32 The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets.

Ge. 1:2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
Ge. 1:3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

In Ge. 1:2, we see a situation that was characterized by formlessness, emptiness and darkness; yet the Spirit of God was present in the situation and did nothing. It wasn’t until the person who had control over the Spirit spoke to the Spirit that the Spirit swiftly changed the situation from darkness to light.

The Holy Spirit of God in a son of God is subject to the control of the son of God. If the son of God does not speak to the Spirit, evil spirits could be creating a life of formlessness, emptiness and darkness in the son of God. This is the situation of many Christians who have the Holy Spirit. They have the Holy Spirit, but they cannot live a holy life that is pleasing to God. All they need to do is to circumcise their souls through the Holy Spirit by speaking words of faith.

Every demon operating in my body, I drive you out by divine power through the Holy Spirit of God, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Every act of the sinful nature present in me, every misdeed of the flesh present in me, every unholy character in me and every sinful habit in me, be destroyed now by divine power through the Holy Spirit of God, in the name of Jesus Christ!
Holy Spirit of the Most High God, take control of my body; have preeminence in my life, I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

As you keep your body free of demons through the Holy Spirit, you will find it easy to live a holy life that is pleasing to God. You will no longer be conforming to pattern of this world.
Re: Repent And Receive The Kingdom Of God by Kei144(m): 8:03am On Jun 25, 2018
These Signs will follow you

Mk. 16:17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
Mk. 16:18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

It is not only righteousness that you can achieve through the Spirit. You can drive out demons from other people, by the Spirit. You can heal the sick, by the Spirit. All it takes is issuing appropriate control word.

Ph. 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

“Him” in Ph. 4:13 refers to the Holy Spirit of God in you. As you grow in righteousness and in faith, whatever you decree by word of faith will come to pass. You are a son of God indeed.

(1) (Reply)

The Lagos State Fire Incident And The Prophecy / W.o.r.d Assembly - Seed Of Wisdom Devotional 04/07/2018 / Empty Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.