Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' (47699 Views)

Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines / President Rodrigo Duterte: I Used To Be Gay, 'Cured' Myself With Beautiful Women / Rodrigo Duterte Brags About His Huge Manhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by franchasng: 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
do you get paid for topics moved to front page?..I am.most concerned about news..not about who and what posted what.. Who cares
injustice hurts no matter how irrelevant u know angry
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nazaretha1(m): 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
Of course we were created in God's own image, that's why humans, bonobos, a specie of apes and chimpanzees have 98.8% DNA resemblance.
Wait sef, I thought only the Hebrew God could create beings, well, in 2015, at Yat sun yen university, China, scientists have been able to modify the DNA of an embryo. This is the awakening of designer babies bro. Only 5% of the human DNA has been deciphered and look at what we humans have achieved. The only God is in our minds, there's no evidence of the god or gods of the gaps.
I might be non theist but at least I have tolerance for all world's religions. At least the Philippines president wasn't hypocritical, he gave out a piece of his mind. He didn't cower in iniquity like most of y'all do yet come to announce how godly he is just so the public could see him as that. (
femipraiz:
It only shows how shallow he is in his reasoning.

Don't forget the fact that we are created in the image of God, which gives us the grace to choose between right and wrong.

God won't impose anything on us... He has given us the grace to choose between life and death but he ADVISED us to choose Life...

God is principled and won't break his word..At the garden of Eden, He gave man the grace to choose between life and death which stands has the tree of life which Adam and Eve were instructed not to eat from...

Don't forget the prodigal Son in the bible that despite all the great resources he had with his Father, he still decided to go the other way by demanding for his inheritance and with that he went totally astray...

*If you know, U know*

3 Likes

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by hotwax: 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
stefanbanach:
we are very much aware that the Catholic formed Christianity.... what is a collection of human skulls and skeletons doing in the Catholic Church?....

How is that relevant to the current topic? If you have a problem with a catholic..go and meet them.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by seunmsg(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
donbachi:
Adam ate common apple,and mankind is seeing peppe...now he called my own God the only reason am alive today,a stupid god.which to me,meanshe just ate peppe.i am wondering what he will see.i pray God to raise his people against him and he should suffer more than what pharaoh suffered.

Sadly, your wish wont happen. tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by demmy66: 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
Paperwhite:
shocked Now left to God to prove him otherwise even as he created him in his own image.How God does it is His own business & not like a helpless god that commandeth his followers to kill for him.
you see how you think.. you make excuses for your own GOD and condemn other peoples GOD with insult. this is how you look for trouble and cry fowl when they attack you...
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by bobnatlo(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
somehow:
Which of them? the Muslim won, christian own, Buddhist own or which of the over 2500 religions will kill him?
The very one he was insulting!!
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by eaglez(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
Hmmmm,modern day Nebuchadnezzar
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
hotwax:

How is that relevant to the current topic? If you have a problem with a catholic..go and meet them.
why can you accuse them of occultism and symbolism but run away when I accuse the forerunners of Christianity of the same thing....

Oh well, run along....
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by victorazyvictor(m): 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2018
stefanbanach:
let's help you think properly... Why can't God kill the devil?

Is obvious u couldn't comprehend my writeup, read again. How will God kill Satan?
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
victorazyvictor:

Is obvious u couldn't comprehend my writeup, read again. How will God kill Satan?
you're doing a lot of work defending bullshit....

More strength Bro....

2 Likes

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by victorazyvictor(m): 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
stefanbanach:
we are very much aware that the Catholic formed Christianity.... what is a collection of human skulls and skeletons doing in the Catholic Church?....

Shallow brain. who told you catholic formed Christianity?
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by hotwax: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
stefanbanach:
why can you accuse them of occultism and symbolism but run away when I accuse the forerunners of Christianity of the same thing....

Oh well, run along....

U are still arguing off-point.

My point is Atheists are siding him. They thought he is an Atheist. He is not. He belong to world order society. Therefore he is not an Atheists. He is not different from many pastors.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by victorazyvictor(m): 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2018
stefanbanach:
you're doing a lot of work defending bullshit....

More strength Bro....

Plz bring your point to canter me bro grin

bring it on if you have something.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by somehow: 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2018
Which one is that since both Muslims, Christians, Judists or few others believe in that narrative?

And we know all the 3 don't believe their own "GOD" is same with the other one's?

bobnatlo:

The very one he was insulting!!
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2018
victorazyvictor:

Shallow brain. who told you catholic formed Christianity?
empty head, the Catholic created the fictional character called jesus Christ in the council of nicea.... Using the image of cesare borgia as the image of Christ....

Go to Google and type "the nicean creed" OR "cesare borgia".. ..

3 Likes

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
hotwax:

U are still arguing off-point.

My point is Atheists are siding him. They thought he is an Atheist. He is not. He belong to world order society. Therefore he is not an Atheists. He is not different from many pastors.
who told you Christianity is not also part of a secret world order?
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by VagileVictor(m): 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
sureheaven:
Anybody who doesn’t believe in the existence of God may call him stupid.

Beaides, don’t blame the president folks, he is in the right position to call God any name and describe him anyhow. That’s God for u, he doesn’t reason in the way of man.

God himself might be pleased with such person who calls him stupid, so let no man criticize of judge the man.

Isaiah 55:8
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nazaretha1(m): 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
Well, I would say you just make your point. Swear words aren't really necessary. I agree with you though, we are only either serving the gods of our parents or the gods of our environment. Religion is the greatest brainwash and it starts from childhood, engineered by those closest to us; our family. If all of us commenting on this thread were born in Nepal, I bet most of us would be practice Hinduism.
Kyllahmc:
lol before nko? I could call God whatever I want and still get away with it... yeah screw that sky motherfvcker,,,, yea I said it... and I would probably woo and fvcck that sexy biitch virgin mary to give Jesus Christ a younger brother if I ever met her.
I think Myths should be taught as myths.. Miracle should be taught as Poetry and reality should be taught as reality...
but teaching myths and miracle as reality to a child?? that child would learn to believe, put their hope and trust in them instead of facing the actual reality.. and in the end he would be shattered into pieces when he finally realize everything he had believed in all his life was just a made up story and a big lie...

3 Likes

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
victorazyvictor:

Plz bring your point to canter me bro grin

bring it on if you have something.
you're empty Bro.... You don't even know the anything about the Bible or the history of Christianity.....

Go consume some knowledge Bro....

Meanwhile, this is some secret room in Catholic Church decorated with human skulls and skeletons...

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Yankiss(m): 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
EmagNig:
Phillipines President Rodrigo Duterte has sparked controversy in the predominantly Catholic country for calling God stupid, but his spokesman has defended the contentious statement as his personal belief.

Duterte made the statement on Friday evening during a speech in his southern home city of Davao, where he questioned God’s logic in the Biblical creation story of Adam and Eve.

“Adam ate (the fruit of knowledge), then malice was born. Who is this stupid God?” he said.

“That son of a b***h is stupid if that’s the case. You created something perfect and then you think of an event that would tempt and destroy the quality of your work.”

Duterte also questioned the rationale of original sin, noting:

“That was your mother and father’s deed — you weren’t born yet, but now you have original sin. What kind of religion is that? I can’t accept it.”

Amid criticisms over Duterte’s statements, presidential spokesman Harry Roque urged the public to accept that the leader tends to use strong language when he expresses his beliefs.

“That is the personal belief of the president,” Mr Roque said. “We are free to believe in religion and we are also free not to believe in religion. The President has his personal spiritual beliefs.

“We cannot fault the president if he has no sense of hypocrisy and we should accept that because even when he was just a candidate, he never hid that from us.”

Duterte has in the past lambasted the Catholic Church in the Philippines, where more than 80 per cent of the population practices the religion, calling priests out for allegations of corruption and sexual abuse.

https://lailasnews.com/philippines-president-duterte-calls-god-stupid/

Reminds me of Nebuchadnezzer in the bible. We all saw how he ended. Rodriguez or whatever he calls himself is guilty of blasphemy and will suffer the consequences.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by shegzmartinsduke(m): 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2018
to all those people still following doctrines that were created b4 they were born,i say to u,FOOLS!
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by victorazyvictor(m): 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2018
stefanbanach:
empty head, the Catholic created the fictional character called jesus Christ in the council of nicea.... Using the image of cesare borgia as the image of Christ....

Go to Google and type "the nicean creed" OR "cesare borgia".. ..

God have mercy on you .... bye.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by victorazyvictor(m): 4:10pm On Jun 25, 2018
stefanbanach:
you're empty Bro.... You don't even know the anything about the Bible or the history of Christianity.....

Go consume some knowledge Bro....

Meanwhile, this is some secret room in Catholic Church decorated with human skulls and skeletons...

Byeeeeeee.......
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by shegzmartinsduke(m): 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2018
Yankiss:

Reminds me of Nebuchadnezzer in the bible. We all saw how he ended. Rodriguez or whatever he calls himself is guilty of blasphemy and will suffer the consequences.
UR OWN DEATH MIGHT BE MORE SHAMEFUL
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2018
victorazyvictor:

God have mercy on you .... bye.
lmao...

Why are you running?....

Are you scared that you've dedicated your life believing a lie?....

Christianity is a scam....Free your mind from the shackles of religion....

Seek the God inside you....

Bye!!

3 Likes

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nategaoo: 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
Please remove this nonsense post. How did this rubbish make front page?
Please lala or whatever your name is. Do your work. Mschewww angry angry angry angry angry angry Why do we not read good things on the front page? I demand the impeachment of all the current admins
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Icedcubex002(m): 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
believewin:
i pity Nigerians dat dey your gay country.
grin this nigga has murdered grammar!!!
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2018
victorazyvictor:

Byeeeeeee.......
you're scared of the unknown....

Take your first step by researching on the history of Christianity, the crusaders and genocides, the council of nicea, cesare borgia, read a few of Dan browns books etc....

Step into the unknown.... Let fear be your guide....

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Yankiss(m): 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
shegzmartinsduke:
UR OWN DEATH MIGHT BE MORE SHAMEFUL
You are not God and you have no power over me. You are a fool, you and your satanic coterie.

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by mneedss(m): 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2018
Remind him of his course mates, Pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar, and the likes...
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nazaretha1(m): 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2018
He did bro. The majority of traditional Hadith sources state that Ai'sha bint Abu Bakr got married to Muhammad at the age of six or seven, but she stayed in her parents' home until the age of nine, or ten according to Ibn Hisham. She was born in Mecca, Hejaz, Arabia in 613/614 CE and got married and consumated with Mohammed who was 53 years old then in 620 CE. She was married to Mohammed for 12 years before he died in 632 CE.
Almunjid:

Muhammad did not sleep with a six years old girl
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by jinha(m): 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
Because they were elected by you abi...

Goan sleep jare
Nategaoo:
Please remove this nonsense post. How did this rubbish make front page?
Please lala or whatever your name is. Do your work. Mschewww angry angry angry angry angry angry Why do we not read good things on the front page? I demand the impeachment of all the current admins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sanna Marin Divorces Her Husband, Markus Raikkonen / The Swiss Mini Gun – World’s Smallest Working Revolver (Photos) / Derek Chauvin Found Guilty Of All Charges In The George Floyd Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.