Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) (32449 Views)

The Dirty State Of Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi Boys' Hostel / EFCC Raids Boys Hostel In Nekede Polytechnic (VIDEO) / Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Tlyon(m): 9:39am On Jun 26, 2018
I feel for you guys but all i see is guys not been able to fix a general clean up, burn dirty, wash, you got electrical student inthere,let each room pay or provide their wire for them(electrical student)to fix, infact there is no co-operation at all.

2 Likes

Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Aquariann: 9:39am On Jun 26, 2018
Mekanus:
I'm not a filthy person bro, just that I couldn't afford to rent a house outside the campus then. The hostel fee was always cheaper.

Like how much are we talking about here? i.e for Private hostel accommodation.

@Topic, this is what is seen in every single Nigerian school. I attended a private uni, though our facilities weren't this dirty or unkempt (thanks to paid workers), it was a common thing to visit the toilet and see the last user didn't flush even with the tap running. Thank goodness we had cleaners washing the place everyday (morning and evening). Let me not even mention how students messed up their rooms.

Secondary school boarding house was another thing entirely. The Blackman is just dirty and lack maintenance culture.
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by daramolaj1: 9:39am On Jun 26, 2018
Wakeupandlive:
Welcome to the white house first row

CHISOS....Are you sure this is UNN or prison yard?
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by damosky12(m): 9:40am On Jun 26, 2018
EbukaHades10:
UNN boys,defend ur hostel.

Unilag hostels no be like this. Biobaku hall is the best boys hostel in Unilag. Quote me if I'm wrong.

My guy.... Don't compare this hostels to any of Unilag hostels... Even Eni Njoku hostel beta pass this one oh...

You gotta give it to UNILAG then....

2 Likes

Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 26, 2018
Holy moly!! And this is the school where I'm gonna apply for admission come July or August. God abeg oo!
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by pocohantas(f): 9:41am On Jun 26, 2018
Yes, the hostel is in a deplorable state.
But those students are dirty!!!
Look at the verandah, the gutters, those bedsheets and that dirty PILLOW?

Oh Lord!!! And they'll be banging in that shithole.
Love is indeed blind. grin

4 Likes

Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Chuckdee(m): 9:43am On Jun 26, 2018
Wakeupandlive:
This part off me most.
Look at what we are living under, everybody is an electrical engineer, and every night is to sleep with one eye opened because u must hear fire o! Fire o!

Look at an undergraduates towel for goodness sake! Is that also caused by the dilapidations? and he has the guts to hang it outside.. That towel's color is 'formerly white'..SMH

Dirty Nigerian youth everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by featheredwinter(f): 9:47am On Jun 26, 2018
Mekanus:
Ozumba is a fraudster, Batho was the best Vc in that school. The cleaners were always doing their job then, I guess that must have changed now.

Very true!
Sad enough, we didn't realize it then.. We thought Bartho was a demon... Little wonder it's said that you never know the value of what you have till you lose it.

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Evangkatsoulis: 9:48am On Jun 26, 2018
Way better than UNIPORT mandela and Medical hostels.
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Mekanus(m): 9:50am On Jun 26, 2018
seguno2:

If you are not filthy, you should have organised with others to keep your surroundings clean.
Abi, who were you waiting for to do that for you
As at the time I was there, they were paid cleaners and we usually had clean up exercise by the students every last Saturday. Maybe they have stopped paying the workers. It's quite clear that most of the students are dirty but the hostels needs total renovation. The toilets and bathrooms are not even enough to serve the students. Imagine a situation where you will have to queue up for more than 30 minutes to get a turn to use the toilet or the bathroom. The students have a lot to do and the government even a lot more to do to sanitize that place.

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by famosh: 9:54am On Jun 26, 2018
akinszz:
pigs houses called hostels... and they will say Yoruba are dirty. see neatness
Bro, that's why we call them IPIGs. They're really disgusting, dirty & unintelligent pigs!
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Adesolomon2014(m): 9:56am On Jun 26, 2018
Wakeupandlive:
This part off me most.
Look at what we are living under, everybody is an electrical engineer, and every night is to sleep with one eye opened because u must hear fire o! Fire o!

Haba, una get mind ooo.
Na una dey supply una state electricity ni? UNN-EDC
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Alphaman007: 9:58am On Jun 26, 2018
EbukaHades10:
UNN boys,defend ur hostel.

Unilag hostels no be like this. Biobaku hall is the best boys hostel in Unilag. Quote me if I'm wrong.
bro even Eni njoku no bad like this
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Adesolomon2014(m): 9:58am On Jun 26, 2018
Wakeupandlive:
Welcome to the white house first row

Haaaaaaaa, infact all of una needs to be quarantined.
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Mekanus(m): 9:58am On Jun 26, 2018
featheredwinter:

Very true!
Sad enough, we didn't realize it then.. We thought Bartho was a demon... Little wonder it's said that you never know the value of what you have till you lose it.
Exactly! I'm planning to visit UNN tomorrow and I've been thinking that I will be seeing a better UNN until I saw this thread. Ozumba made a lot of promises before ascending that office but it's clear he hasn't fulfilled any. Batho changed the roofs and windows of Eni njoku and Alvan hostels and was about doing same to Mbanefo before he left office. Ozumba is a scam.

3 Likes

Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by LastDays777: 10:01am On Jun 26, 2018
Twoclans:
This UNN halls again. angry angry

If Alvan is like this I wonder how the Zik flats will be. Those ones that always looked like something that wants to collapse .

I don't think people live there anymore. The last time I checked
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by AlNur: 10:03am On Jun 26, 2018
I once lived in this hostel 2008/2009. we were 11 in the room, i was disgusted and terrified! you dare not go close to the toilet what you will see is heap of shit! I wonder why the school authority have refused to do something about the state of UNN boys hostel. Is it because its on the outskirt unlike female hostel?

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Adesolomon2014(m): 10:03am On Jun 26, 2018
tomiwaaa:
in any situation, still thank God for seeing you through to where you are. At least you dey university? we that have been at home for FOUR years without admission will gladly live there so far admission is guaranteed.�����

Live there at your own peril.
By the time you contact different kinda diseases thrice in a month(do the maths for a year), u will prefer to stay at home and wait for God's time of admission.

2 Likes

Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Gassa007: 10:04am On Jun 26, 2018
Follygunners:
I still wonder... How do pple survive in the SE region of Nigeria, abeg?

Do REAL pple actually really live there? undecided
Your brain need to be checked
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Adesolomon2014(m): 10:07am On Jun 26, 2018
sekem:
Wasted youths

Do they really need the government to come and tell them to clean up their dirty environment?

No wonder so many of them cannot reason like human beings anymore

So much dirt must have oozed into their wasted brains

This got me lmao.
Na to dey ooze out 4th class graduates.

2 Likes

Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by omooba969(m): 10:10am On Jun 26, 2018
Nukilia:

Can you guys just stop this tribal trash! You must be out of your mind! Is it FG that came to urinate on the floor and refused to keep it clean? You have hostels being run by SE guys but they fail to maintain it. Students who are supposed to be educated throw trash at inappropriate places. Blame your students and stop using Biafra as a coverup for your dirty attitude. The slum is in the people...

The average Nigerian student's level of education is below par.

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Adesolomon2014(m): 10:11am On Jun 26, 2018
Bigtotoboi:
Holy moly!! And this is the school where I'm gonna apply for admission come July or August. God abeg oo!

Is it a must to stay in the hostel?
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Adesolomon2014(m): 10:12am On Jun 26, 2018
Gassa007:

Your brain need to be checked

By Doctors in UNN especially the ones living in the OP's hostel abi

2 Likes

Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by EbukaHades10(m): 10:12am On Jun 26, 2018
BigSarah:

Sodeinde is the best unless if this is sarcasm undecided
Sodeinde that was just refurbished? If it stays significantly "OK" within 2 or 3 years b4 we start calling it the best.

Go and ask people that know Sodeinde and El kanemi b4,them go tell u story.

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Reelmii: 10:17am On Jun 26, 2018
Please do students still stay in hostel, I hav never been a fan of hostel, OFF CAMPUS ROCKS
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Greatzeus(m): 10:17am On Jun 26, 2018
So, anything new will get old
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Harira: 10:20am On Jun 26, 2018
thankGod for Ahmadu bello university..Sulieman hall�
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by whiteTORTIISE(m): 10:27am On Jun 26, 2018
ogorwyne:

Abraka hall na jungle that year. Abraka hall, council hall and the notorious ethiope hall. Those places used to scare me when I was in that school.
I lived inside Abraka Hall throughout my 4years in Delsu Abraka. infact, I have an article on the ruggedness and state of the hostel. let me tell you something, it is the best place to be at that time. I can vividly remember my friend and brother December noni 1. The chief noise maker
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 26, 2018
Idiotic PIGS of Biafuro. Later they'll open their loud mouth calling their masters dirty. Imagine this piggery called hostel. Tufiakwa. OAU Awo block 3 be paradise compared to this sona prison.
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by Nazaretha1(m): 10:34am On Jun 26, 2018
Hehe! White House, Airport.
Re: Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) by ojay2053(m): 10:36am On Jun 26, 2018
Wakeupandlive:
Second row
wow! Gucci tile.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unilag Release 2010/2011merit List / Bishop David Oyedepo Visits Landmark University With His Wife / Lagos Indian School Where Nigerians Are Denied Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.