Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

South African Embassy Denies 'event Visas' To Nigerian Fans For Worldcup - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South African Embassy Denies 'event Visas' To Nigerian Fans For Worldcup (1421 Views)

Tension As Nigerian Fans Display Biafran Flag During U23 Match Against Algeria / Watch Live Stream Hungary Vs Nigeria 0-1 Fifa U-20 Worldcup 2015 Join Now / Kenya To Give Visas To Genuine Nigerian Businessmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Embassy Denies 'event Visas' To Nigerian Fans For Worldcup by logic101: 11:43pm On Jun 06, 2010
EXCEPT the South Africa High Commission changes its policy, thousands of Nigerians may miss watching the FIFA 2010 World, which begins on Friday, due to lack of entry visa to South Africa, the host country of the global sports fiesta.
Thousands of Nigerians had, last week, besieged the 24 Molade Okoya Thomas Street, Victoria Island, Lagos office of the High Commission, with most of them threatening to forcefully enter the premises to know why they have been refused visas, even when they met all the criteria more than two weeks before the commencement of the Mundial.
South African High Commissioner to Nigeria, JKN Mamabolo, could not be reached for comment, as he was said to be out of Nigeria.
South Africa has a reputation for visa denial, coupled with rowdy operations in its Nigerian office.
The Federal Government had, last year, expressed concern over the manner Nigerians are treated at the High Commission whenever they want to process their entry visa to the country.
The situation had forced the Nigerian government to threaten a retaliatory action as a way of expressing its disapproval over treatment of her citizens
Re: South African Embassy Denies 'event Visas' To Nigerian Fans For Worldcup by Kobojunkie: 11:50pm On Jun 06, 2010
logic101:

The Federal Government had, last year, expressed concern over the manner Nigerians are treated at the High Commission whenever they want to process their entry visa to the country.
The situation had forced the Nigerian government to threaten a retaliatory action as a way of expressing its disapproval over treatment of her citizens

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: South African Embassy Denies 'event Visas' To Nigerian Fans For Worldcup by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 07, 2010
Let me guess, they were also denied visa
Re: South African Embassy Denies 'event Visas' To Nigerian Fans For Worldcup by logic101: 12:16am On Jun 07, 2010
to fl gator
The nigerian foreign affairs ministry has a bunch of intellectually myopic individuals running its affairs so i guess they would do what u said.Threaten to deny southafricans visas to nigeria.
The intellectual soulution to this is to find out why foreign embassies treat nigerians shabilly before making a conclusion .
Re: South African Embassy Denies 'event Visas' To Nigerian Fans For Worldcup by Oba234: 12:28am On Jun 07, 2010
maybe it's because Nigerians don't have a good reputation in South Africa and this is south africa's chance to show the world that it is capable of 1st class events and they don't want any trouble. I ve heard any disruption will be deal with harshly.
Re: South African Embassy Denies 'event Visas' To Nigerian Fans For Worldcup by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 07, 2010
logic101:

to fl gator
The nigerian foreign affairs ministry has a bunch of intellectually myopic individuals running its affairs so i guess they would do what u said.Threaten to deny southafricans visas to nigeria.
The intellectual soulution to this is to find out why foreign embassies treat nigerians shabilly before making a conclusion .
LOL Thatz not what I was trying to get to. I meant that the only reason Nigerian governemt would be "concerned over the manner Nigerians are treated" is if they too are at the risked of being denied SA Visa in the future.
Re: South African Embassy Denies 'event Visas' To Nigerian Fans For Worldcup by Osama10(m): 12:50am On Jun 07, 2010
Every where we are treated like shit, it baffles me.
Re: South African Embassy Denies 'event Visas' To Nigerian Fans For Worldcup by chidichris(m): 7:24am On Jun 07, 2010
99% of nigerians are always looking for the slightest excuse to run out of nigeria and this world cup has presented one.
if our country is a good one, i don't see south africa rejecting us visas.
our govt shld stop threatening other countries because of their behaviour towards us and concentrate on making nigeria good.
if our govt refuse to change their own attitude towards us, i see benin republic and togo denying us visas in the nearest future.
everybody wants to stay away from the ungodly sounds of generators here in nigeria.
nigerians like good things but they don't want it at home.
Re: South African Embassy Denies 'event Visas' To Nigerian Fans For Worldcup by Iyara(m): 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2010
Sad.
Re: South African Embassy Denies 'event Visas' To Nigerian Fans For Worldcup by isimili: 11:32pm On Jun 11, 2010
Osama you are right but what do you expect when our politicians are busy lining up their pockets like corruption is going our of fashion instaed of looking after our welfare. They will never do anything about it unless oil money and GMGs finishes. lets hope that some hot headed young politicans wins the next election as someone very important who will put many of these crooks in panti and not let them out until they return all their loots.
Re: South African Embassy Denies 'event Visas' To Nigerian Fans For Worldcup by mamagee3(f): 11:33pm On Jun 11, 2010
I don't blame them. . .Nigerians would probably disrupt the whole event with their mad men attitude.
Re: South African Embassy Denies 'event Visas' To Nigerian Fans For Worldcup by suxes2005(m): 2:19am On Jun 12, 2010
^^^^^^^^^

Which means dats wat u wud also do?

Anyways, dos pple @ d embassy r somfin else
one wud be delayed, hungry, out of d world
(cos ur fone wud b collected) etc,

Bad embassy and i hate them

SHALOM

(1) (Reply)

My Thought On Ibb, Atiku And Buhari Bid And Next Generation Of Northerner / Ndlea Arrests Fashion Icon With 1.3kg Of Cocaine: / Drama As Pdp Boss Pummels Son’s Teacher, Over Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.