Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man (48931 Views)

Lady Travelling From Abuja To Akure In A Taxi Molested By Man. Sparks Reactions / Naa Dromor Adjei Is Dead! Pastor Glitter Sower's Daughter Drugged By Man / Berom People Of Plateau Kill Fulani Cows, Machete Many Of Them (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by Bluffly: 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2018
God Almighty, creator of heaven and earth, I pray to you at this moment in the name of your only begotten son Jesus Christ who died on the cross of Calvary for my sake. The maker giver and taker of life, the breath that I breathe in, Please I pray, whoever that has orchestrated these killings should be crushed. either cattle rustler or rustler cattle, Fulani herdsmen or herdsmen Fulani, any party involved in this killings, Please visit them with you divine judgement. This barbaric acts must stop. And if they deserve mercy please be merciful but this barbaric acts must stop

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by oooduancalmdown: 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2018
Good for them. They have killed thousands in Benue state also.
Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by 12345baba(m): 12:16pm On Jun 26, 2018
I no go jos again o.
Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by saintkeppy(m): 12:16pm On Jun 26, 2018
I hope Plateau NYSC members servin'in those communities are Safe

Cos those Fulani herdsmen know no Soul.
Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by ebbo(m): 12:16pm On Jun 26, 2018
Kai pdp and Christians are hipocrates of the highest order, look at the way they avoided this thread because it does not suit there usual narratives. God will punish all of u. Nigeria will be great and u all will be put to shame. Bloody liars.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by ebbo(m): 12:17pm On Jun 26, 2018
Bluffly:
God Almighty, creator of heaven and earth, I pray to you at this moment in the name of your only begotten son Jesus Christ who died on the cross of Calvary for my sake. The maker giver and taker of life, the breath that I breathe in, Please I pray, whoever that has orchestrated these killings should be crushed. either cattle rustler or rustler cattle, Fulani herdsmen or herdsmen Fulani, any party involved in this killings, Please visit them with you divine judgement. This barbaric acts must stop. And if they deserve mercy please be merciful but this barbaric acts must stop

Ameen
Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by ipobarethieves: 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2018
sad dis 2019 election nah war e go be.Make we kuku vote for baba b4 dey kee us all.Atiku is no option. He is a die hard THIEF.GOD,help us oo

1 Like

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by apache4: 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2018
President Buhari is next to die ... After that his useless son will follow ....

1 Like

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by oooduancalmdown: 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2018
Bluffly:
God is not coming to help u. Protect yourselves! Enough of these nonsense prayers already! If I may ask, what region are you from?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by ebbo(m): 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2018
For those of us that ply the road to Jos often, we understand what it takes to get trapped in those senseless violence, so much that it has become the usual practice that on approaching Jos, we send out a call to those living inside it to find out whether it is safe to proceed.

Some years ago, my sister and uncle were caught up in that unfortunate chaos. They were fortunate enough to escape (out of luck) to the Muslim quarter of Bukuru town. If they had escaped to the wrong location or belong to a different faith, their fate will completely be different.

In the university in 2008, my room-mate had the unimaginable misfortune of losing his father in the conflict. His parents were caught in the unfortunate chaos, father and mother separated. The fact he was a Yoruba man did not apply. All his killers cared was that he was a Muslim and therefore guilty and condemned to die in their hands.

At Secondary School in the early 2000s, I was moved to tears when a Fulani classmate narrated how he lost three generations of his family in Heipang. Their family had lived there for generations only for them to be wiped out in a single surge of violence. His escape was only a miracle. His mother who was lucky to be away for a wedding fainted at the sight of him because his funeral rites were already conducted in absentia, having thought to have shared the terrible fate of his other family members.

All the individuals mentioned in the above instances may be reading this post. I have known real people who have been slaughtered while passing through Jos. I could be one of them, given a different quirk of fate. My family members could also be victims, God forbid!

As a result, there is the tendency for someone like me to see the conflict through those lenses, that my people are the victims and the 'other side' is the perpetrator. The same way someone whose local community in Plateau live in constant fear of invasion and attack by armed marauders, where local people could not farm their lands in peace or carry on with life in security and safety will see his people as sole victims and others as perpetrators.

That is how one-sided, mutually rejecting narratives set back the wheel of reconciliation. The crises in Plateau is so muddled up that it is now completely detached from its root causes. It first began as local politics borne out of ethnic and sectarian political struggle between the so called Hausa settlers and the native Beroms in Jos North.

For long, the Fulani, who have a long history of cultural intercourse with those local communities are kept out of those conflicts. It was until the Shendam anti-Fulani pogrom that the Fulani was brought into the equation, and from that, cycles of reprisals and counter-reprisals have so distorted the reality on ground, bringing a dominant ethnic and sectarian narrative to the fore.

That makes peace even difficult. Because all sides have genuine grievances, all sides have genuine complaints of victimhood. The first step towards peace is not in apportioning blame, the first step towards peace is in accepting that all sides have a point and that peace is possible only through dialogue and not further confrontation.

The Jos conflict is different from Boko Haram or even rural banditry where the enemy can be criminalized and targeted. In an ethnic or sectarian conflict, you cannot criminalize an entire ethnic or sectarian group. And above all, you cannot enforce peace by sheer use of force. Force should only be used to create an enabling environment for reconciliation and dialogue.

I know some may feel force alone could do this, but if that's possible, we will not be where we are today. Obasanjo declared a state of emergency but the killing still continued. Since 1999, the Plateau conflict continues under four successive Nigerian presidents, two Muslim, two Christians. If it were a Muslim conspiracy, the two Christian presidents would have stopped it. Likewise if it were a Christian conspiracy,

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by somegirl1: 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2018
Angelanest:
Pictures have emerged showing a Fulani family which were allegedly killed some weeks ago by Berom tribe in Plateau state. There have been accusations and counter accusations following the ethnic-religious crisis which saw over 100 people killed by suspected Fulani herdsmen in Plateau.

The emboldened is the major problem in Nigeria. An entire tribe with all its people took turns to kill one family?
What happened to personal accountability?
Why do innocent people have to pay for the actions of others?
About time we invited the British to take over.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by Faculty14(m): 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2018
dermmy:

Lol.this ur signature sef won scatter my ribs grin
grin grin grin
Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by ifymadu: 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2018
A narrative by a fulani man.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by AdeagboRA: 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2018
From it is shown clearly that this crisis is purely tribal !
But some bigots among the religious leaders and media outlets will want to cause religious crisis and confusion out of this !

For example, look at this headline..

1 Like

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by princestars(m): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2018
The killings in the middle belt is just too much, so pathetic and solution is not forth coming.

Kindly go on twitter and join the trend

*#Supereaglesblackband4Middlebeltkillings*

Start posting on all social media platforms for super eagles to put on a black hand band to stop the killings of Nigerians in the middle belt

This is beyond religion, ethnicity or politics but to preserve our existence as a country

Let them wear the band today.
We can do it through the power of the media, the political cabals may stop it but the world will see it and can take it from there������

Never sleep while your neighbours house is on fire because yours may be next

*LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN*
Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by Bluffly: 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

God is not coming to help u. Protect yourselves! Enough of these nonsense prayers already! If I may ask, what region are you from?
Ask Goggle. since you find it hard to think.
Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by Bluffly: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Ask Google, since you find it hard to think.
Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by somehow: 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2018
I still maintain, Are the fulanis i grew up seeing at our backyard then different from the current ones or someone or some poeple are fueling and hiding behind the recent hate on some tribes/religion to perpetuate evils in some parts of Nigeria?

Please think deeply before posting or commenting anything or quoting me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by Manred0(m): 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2018
Eye for an eye, no problem. May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by Donpuzo101(m): 12:27pm On Jun 26, 2018
Arysexy:
The evil Buhari brothers are clutching at every available straw to justify the ethnic and religious cleansing they are perpetrating in MB. From rustled 300 cows reprisal, to this fake news.

Let me also know if the rev father's and parishioners slaughtered in early morning mass at Benue few weeks ago rustled cows or killed Fulani to deserve d atrocious desecration of the Church.

God punish all of u starting from cow buhari, bastard osinbade to d least supporter of this evil govt.

bros you dey vex oooh.... take ham easy.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by somehow: 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
AdeagboRA:
From it is shown clearly that this crisis is purely tribal !
But some bigots among the religious leaders and media outlets will want to cause religious crisis and confusion out of this !

For example, look at this headline..

This is why i think Nigeria is far from being a Godly country, people hide behind Christianity/islam to show their true color.
Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by ccudoye(m): 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
grin grin grin grin
shocked shocked cool shocked
Kindly obtain your PVC to vote out APC evil and Duffer Buhari led autocratic administration.

Enough is enough for humiliation, killings, neglect on rule of laws and unlawful harassment using security agents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by jimohomotayo(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
This is how the counter attack will continue be if not until we have rational thinking to justice and less religion fanatics for humanity blood. More or less, each side has it reason for attack, u can't just expect a reasonable human being to kill because of other all becos his means of living is being tampered, more is behind but countrymen will not see this post ooo as something worth in consideration.

WE NEED PEACE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by olaoreawofele: 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
Insightful. God help us. This country will know peace when we get to the point God is taking us.

ebbo:
For those of us that ply the road to Jos often, we understand what it takes to get trapped in those senseless violence, so much that it has become the usual practice that on approaching Jos, we send out a call to those living inside it to find out whether it is safe to proceed.

Some years ago, my sister and uncle were caught up in that unfortunate chaos. They were fortunate enough to escape (out of luck) to the Muslim quarter of Bukuru town. If they had escaped to the wrong location or belong to a different faith, their fate will completely be different.

In the university in 2008, my room-mate had the unimaginable misfortune of losing his father in the conflict. His parents were caught in the unfortunate chaos, father and mother separated. The fact he was a Yoruba man did not apply. All his killers cared was that he was a Muslim and therefore guilty and condemned to die in their hands.

At Secondary School in the early 2000s, I was moved to tears when a Fulani classmate narrated how he lost three generations of his family in Heipang. Their family had lived there for generations only for them to be wiped out in a single surge of violence. His escape was only a miracle. His mother who was lucky to be away for a wedding fainted at the sight of him because his funeral rites were already conducted in absentia, having thought to have shared the terrible fate of his other family members.

All the individuals mentioned in the above instances may be reading this post. I have known real people who have been slaughtered while passing through Jos. I could be one of them, given a different quirk of fate. My family members could also be victims, God forbid!

As a result, there is the tendency for someone like me to see the conflict through those lenses, that my people are the victims and the 'other side' is the perpetrator. The same way someone whose local community in Plateau live in constant fear of invasion and attack by armed marauders, where local people could not farm their lands in peace or carry on with life in security and safety will see his people as sole victims and others as perpetrators.

That is how one-sided, mutually rejecting narratives set back the wheel of reconciliation. The crises in Plateau is so muddled up that it is now completely detached from its root causes. It first began as local politics borne out of ethnic and sectarian political struggle between the so called Hausa settlers and the native Beroms in Jos North.

For long, the Fulani, who have a long history of cultural intercourse with those local communities are kept out of those conflicts. It was until the Shendam anti-Fulani pogrom that the Fulani was brought into the equation, and from that, cycles of reprisals and counter-reprisals have so distorted the reality on ground, bringing a dominant ethnic and sectarian narrative to the fore.

That makes peace even difficult. Because all sides have genuine grievances, all sides have genuine complaints of victimhood. The first step towards peace is not in apportioning blame, the first step towards peace is in accepting that all sides have a point and that peace is possible only through dialogue and not further confrontation.

The Jos conflict is different from Boko Haram or even rural banditry where the enemy can be criminalized and targeted. In an ethnic or sectarian conflict, you cannot criminalize an entire ethnic or sectarian group. And above all, you cannot enforce peace by sheer use of force. Force should only be used to create an enabling environment for reconciliation and dialogue.

I know some may feel force alone could do this, but if that's possible, we will not be where we are today. Obasanjo declared a state of emergency but the killing still continued. Since 1999, the Plateau conflict continues under four successive Nigerian presidents, two Muslim, two Christians. If it were a Muslim conspiracy, the two Christian presidents would have stopped it. Likewise if it were a Christian conspiracy,
Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by Nukualofa: 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
Another Lies from Lai Mohammed stables. God punish all of una

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2018
Ops Angelanest watch as the hypocrites tag you a liar.
Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by Reelmii: 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2018
somehow:
I still maintain, Are the fulanis i grew up seeing at our backyard then different from the current ones or someone or some poeple are fueling and hiding behind the recent hate on some tribes/religion to perpetuate evils in some parts of Nigeria?

Please think deeply before posting or commenting anything or quoting me.
y not call the fulanis u know on phone and ask the the difference, who u dey ask for here, did u see any fulani here

1 Like

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by Ventura1: 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2018
This is a one sided story, the writer meant all these incidents happened to the Fulani's without something instigating it.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Indigenes Killed By Berom In Plateau: Cause Of Massacre Revealed By Man by seyigiggle: 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2018
he started well, but in the end justified the attack. Nonsense undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide In Port Harcourt By Stabbing (Graphic Photos) / Cultists Attack Navy Officer In Bayeku Lagos, Cut His Hand, Take Away His Pistol / Bolanle Raheem: Policeman Arrested For Shooting Female Lawyer Dead In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.