Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:27 AM

Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint (2334 Views)

Woman Arrested For Raping A Man At Gunpoint / Tinubu: "Election Postponement Is Democracy At Gunpoint" / I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by chidichris(m): 3:11pm On Mar 23, 2007
fifteen bristish navy have been arrested by iranian forces at gunpoint off the coast of Iraq.
british authorities have called on iranian authorities for the immediate release of their personel under their costudy.
is it possible that iran will not release these men? the british government is saying the british personels in iraq are under UN for these iran must release them immediately.
it is understood that britain is strongly opposed to iran nuclear programe.
how do u think these issues are going to affect each other?
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 23, 2007
I saw that in the news today,I hope they become another Iraq
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2007
This what you want them to be doing in IRAN

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xyTTtNYa5cs TURN UP YOUR VOLUME PLS.

This is not a war they are fighting, A war is fought soldier to soldier. This just a massacre
Don't worry for every reaction there is a reaction. Post traumatic syndrome will be even 10x worse than Vietname
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by 4Play(m): 10:42pm On Mar 23, 2007
@JosBoy

Give me a break!How do you know those guys are civilians?because the video was tagged "civilians"?
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by LoverBwoy(m): 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2007
I think this is a minor issue cheesy, it happened before, just some confusion over who owns that part of the river the IRANIANS OR THE AMERICANS IRAQI

the u.s army killed more British soldiers than the guerrillas wink www.armyreports.com
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:00pm On Mar 23, 2007
4 Play:

@JosBoy

Give me a break!How do you know those guys are civilians?because the video was tagged "civilians"?

Intelligence has been leaked that they were civilians, I did not just watch that on youtube. I saw it on a documentary on CBC, unadultrated news, unlike CNN
Okay than what of the old man who was tied by the hands because they believed he was a terrorist, after they found out he was just an old man they let him go, but that was before they had to amputate his hands
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:01pm On Mar 23, 2007
@ loverbwoy
your link doesn't work
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by 4Play(m): 11:05pm On Mar 23, 2007
@JosBoyLife

You are talking nonsense!Which intel? In war, civilians always die but the key thing is whether their is intent to kill civilians

In Nigeria/Biafra war,1 million civilians died in just 3 years.Does that mean Nigerians are evil?
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 23, 2007
correction.
I meant to say I hope they don't[/b]become another Iraq.
I hate wars,it kills innocent women and children.
4 Play:

@JosBoyLife

You are talking nonsense!Which intel? In war, civilians always die but the key thing is whether their is intent to kill civilians

[b]In Nigeria/Biafra war,1 million civilians died in just 3 years.Does that mean Nigerians are evil?

yes Nigerians were evil towards us,are you just realising that?
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:08pm On Mar 23, 2007
Babyosisi, that is a big grammatical mistake tongue
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by 4Play(m): 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2007
LoverBwoy:

I think this is a minor issue  cheesy, it happened before, just some confusion over who owns that part of the river the IRANIANS OR THE AMERICANS IRAQI

There is no confusion over that part of the territory.It is part of Iraqi territory.
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2007
JosBoy4Lif:

Babyosisi, that is a big grammatical mistake tongue

Yes O.big difference.
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2007
4 Play:

@JosBoyLife

And you point, this is supposed to be a good thing? You know that intentional killings happen in war too, civilian and non-civilian
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by 4Play(m): 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2007
babyosisi:

yes Nigerians were evil towards us,are you just realising that?

Am saying it because he is a Northener.Am sure he doesn't hyperventillate over the 1 million civilians who died in just 3 years.
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by 4Play(m): 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2007
JosBoy4Lif:

And you point, this is supposed to be a good thing? You know that intentional killings happen in war too, civilian and non-civilian

We don't know that the killings are intentional.If the Americans decide to make it a deliberate policy,to kill Iraqi civilans,their won't be an insurgency. Most of the intentional killings are done by Iraqi militias.

Pointing to dead bodies in war is pointless unless you know the circumstances of their death
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:22pm On Mar 23, 2007
Im actually a middle-belter  grin grin
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 23, 2007
JosBoy4Lif:

I'm actually a middle-belter grin grin

How safe,when it suits you become a northerner
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by LoverBwoy(m): 11:26pm On Mar 23, 2007
4 Play:

There is no confusion over that part of the territory.It is part of Iraqi territory.

Erm thats what the british commander said! (BBC24)
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by 4Play(m): 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2007
LoverBwoy:

Erm thats what the british commander said! (BBC24)

Na only you get BBC 24? grin The Naval commnader said it was on Iraqi territory but that he is sure if you ask the Iranians they might say it was on their territory.
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2007
I have never claimed to be a northerner, but I will defend/uphold what i believe is utter
I don't give a damn about the Biafra War. It is in our past. If you want to hold on to it for historical purposes thats your own cup of tea
The US is in a war that they don't want to be in, yet some of us are here defending them.
Let the Democrats win so that the US will finally find there way home, so that Iraq can finally start healing.
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by 4Play(m): 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2007
@JosBoy

That is irrelevant to your first post in which put up a link and started preaching to us about "soilders fighting soldiers"

My point is that is there is no evidence that the US intends to kill civilians for if they did,their would be no insurgency in Iraq.Your initial posts are pointless

The best way to avoid war in Iran is for the Mullahs to avoid intervening in Iraq by conducting such operations as today's.You should be putting YouTube links about Iranian atrocities
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by LoverBwoy(m): 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2007
4 Play:

Na only you get BBC 24? grin The Naval commnader said it was on Iraqi territory but that he is sure if you ask the Iranians they might say it was on their territory.
what i said
yes o! this BBC 24 comes in hausa str8 up!  grin
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:41pm On Mar 23, 2007
Intentional civilian killings happen in IRAQ
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by 4Play(m): 11:43pm On Mar 23, 2007
@loverwoy

They get BBC Hausa Service grin

These Northern people wey no see anything wrong in 1 million Nigerians dead,get mouth to preach about violence  grin
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:50pm On Mar 23, 2007
The Nigerian Army also had many Yoruba men during the civil war.
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by LoverBwoy(m): 12:08am On Mar 24, 2007
Mine is BBC 24 Hausa service - i don't want to pay for TV license  wink

josboy, you cant blame the yorubas, its the northerner fault all the time. ask babyoshi

the nigerian army had hausa,ibo n yorubas i think
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by JosBoy4Lif(m): 12:12am On Mar 24, 2007
At least you are honest I respect that alot
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by lewa(m): 2:02am On Mar 24, 2007
Josbobo,where have you been?
Iran has every right to defend her borders with might!I don't believe the UK side of the story,it's simply incredulous
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by texazzpete(m): 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2007
@lewa
I can't see anything incredulous in the british side of the story. i'll bet my money the Iranians are just trying to divert attention from the upcoming security council votes.

The British naval personnel in question were out there inspecting an Iraqi vessel. it's doubtful that both an Iraqi vessel and a British vessel would intentionally stray into Iranian waters without permits.
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by lewa(m): 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2007
Tex,
you could be correct,however Iran exercises every right to defend herself~by force if necessary.These aren't pleasant times and by the way should we always believe what the Western media potrays as fact always?This week Iran was conducting military exercises on the Gulf~it could be that the presence of thses naval guys was unpalatable.In as much as i denounce demagoguery in every ramification,Iran's stance against imperialism ought to be commended!My humble take
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by McKren(m): 2:10am On Mar 25, 2007
The truth is that Britain is into espionage a lot. so you never can trust them.
Re: Iran Has Caputured Fifteen British Navy At Gunpoint by texazzpete(m): 9:44am On Mar 25, 2007
@lewa
i never said Iran has no right to defend itself. all i'm saying is, the british troops were there to interdict and inspect Iraqi ships, loking for weapons or terrorists. In the course of the mission, they had to leave their ship and board the Iraqi ship to carry out this inspection.
Now, it is doubtful that both an Iraqi ship and a british ship would stray into Iranian waters. Coupled with the fact that the British ship is equipped with enough navigational hardware and software to ensure they remain within iraqi waters, and that they british ship would have long detected the approach of the iranian vessel.
here's a question: the Iranian ship would have been long detected by the british ship (via radar). does it make sense that the british ship entered iranian waters and stayed there even with the imminent advance of an armed iranian ship? Does it?

McKren:

The truth is that Britain is into espionage a lot. so you never can trust them.

every country in this world is into espionage, even Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islam: The Next American Religion? / Celebrating Gani In Pictures / One Question I Would Have Asked Odia Ofeimun At 60

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.