Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:21 PM

Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) (60622 Views)

Snake In The Room At Midnight! / The Corpse Of A Man Was Found On His Bed After 4 Years / Man Finds Snake On His Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by gafmod: 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2018
chenzen:
centipede... if that thing crawl over ur skin u will start scratching from now till the second coming of jesus christ.

Omoale naija,that's what you are...rather final score line
Argentina 1 : Nigeria 4.

Truenaija.
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2018
McPerry:
I see it too in my apartment. So irritating and disgusting. Because of it, I can't use baby cot for my son because I can't stand him sleeping in his cot while am on my own bed, always want to watch ova him.

It's really scary but please does it sting?
it doesn't sting, it actually bites...and it's bite is one very painful shyt! and it can be fatal for kids below 4 years..

1 Like

Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 26, 2018
Lalas247:
smy....... sad

O yea babee,,shake d yansh,twerk it,,I luv it...
Ayam coming,Ayam coming,Ayam coming,wait for 4me,,Ayam comingcheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by Waffarianman(m): 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
chenzen:
centipede... if that thing crawl over ur skin u will start scratching from now till the second coming of jesus christ.

True talk bro it happens to me once... Oboy D scratching no b here.
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by 19naia(m): 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
I was bitten by one in bed before.
My lady used to be bitten regularly because they prefer her bum more than mine. I prefer her own to my own sef.
One night i was bitten by one and it was no big trouble for me.

If you eat a lot of pungent fruit or pungent natural foods, they are attracted to the smell and will follow your smell to your bed after nightfall.
Possibly even the smell of fermented things like beer and wine.

I used to use a cloth to squeeze the juice from a fermented fruit that smelled pungent and then i would hang the cloth in the kitchen overnight.
Every morning there would be a centipede inside the cloth. And if i killed it, there would be another centipede there, the very next day.
They could not resist the smell.

Also i noticed that when i left plenty of pungent smelling fermented fruit for them, they were not drawn to the bed but rather drawn to the pungent fermented fruit smell in the kitchen.

Maybe you can set a detour for them. I am not sure what kind of fruit will draw them in Nigeria. My own fruit was Noni fruit growing in Hawaii. Noni is very pungent when fermented.
Maybe you can try the peels of various fruits, like very ripe plantain peels, maybe try a mix of peels of every fruit you can find or afford. Keep it in another part of the house and if it is fruit that they are attracted to, they will go there instead of your bed.

It can have a backfire though, if the smell reaches outside your house and statrs to draw every centipede in the area to your compound and eventually into your house. It may also attract more roaches and other unwanted pests.
If you try my advice, keep it a small portion in an isolated area of the house. If you notice any rise in pest population, remove the pungent smelling stuff and fumigate the house with insect repellant as well as move all permanent stationed furnishing to clean and spray behind them and under them.

One pest can attract another. Many rats eventually attract snakes. Many roaches and other insects will attract more toads and lizards and those will also attract snakes. The first wild food chain members always arrive with the next link in the chain following behind.
Never let one get out of control or other creatures will follow and possibly diseases as well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by faruz: 4:16pm On Jun 26, 2018
pyyxxaro:

Nor Be only STUNG na STANG grin grin grin
lmao cheesy grin
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by dontbothermuch: 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2018
punisha:
Hehehehe...This one joined it's ancestors days ago.

This is the real giant centipede,
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by donsheddy1(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2018
You're not sure what you played with
thesicilian:
We used to play with that stuff as children.
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by geezynoni: 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2018
Ellabae:
shocked So disgusting. I hate crawling animals

but you like elongated animals.
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by JOGICE(m): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
✔️
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by Skmoda360(m): 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
Khd95:
That thing dey smell like skunk ehn
Which race are you? And stop acting like lie Mohammed cuz I have killed it severally and it doesn't smell a skunk.....#exaggerator shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by Henri8: 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2018
Ordinary centipede.
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by Phyde: 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2018
nelsonebby:
Got stung by a black scorpion while sleeping cry
What medication did you take? I do see smaller ones in my compound sometimes. Not the black but light brown.
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by Xkalaban(m): 5:02pm On Jun 26, 2018
That's the very devil I saw in my bathroom around 5am a month ago. It was very big and gallant. Used footwear to pin it down & cutlass to matchet it but the blade kept bouncing off its hard exoskeleton. It took several cuts to finally kill. Scared the ish outta me mehn.
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by deenee: 5:04pm On Jun 26, 2018
naija people and superstition. the centipede abi na millipede wont fall from the sky and their bite abi na sting is usually non fatal. you have showed us the poor insect and refused to show us your bedroom.

a few questions come to mind, how did the insect get on your bed surely it wasn't sent by your village people

such insects are attract to humid and dark places

they can also be found in walls with cracks or cervices where they lay eggs or at locations where is there is a lot of damp debris

so I will advise that you clean your immediate surrounding to prevent a future occurrence.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by groundnutoil(m): 5:41pm On Jun 26, 2018
Princefrankie1:
Lol. Some Nigerians eh.

Ordinary centipede wey dey stroll enter house normally.

And you call yourself a man. What if na black mamba him see for bed? Lol
guy dat thing looks like a giant centipede and if it is dn god help u if u get stung by it
it contains very very very deadly venoms neurotoxins I think shut down nervous systems and kills just like snakes which likely would send u into cardiac arrest and death in a mata of hours
dat is if wat am seeing is truly d giant centipede(looks like it)I saw on natgeo wild
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by Pat081: 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2018
Hahaha I dnt knw dis will make fb because I hv see dis times without number in my room, maybe you open d door or 2ru ur cloth outside
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by stieyven(m): 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
chenzen:
DO NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD IN VAIN. Exodus 20 :7
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by egojeny1(f): 6:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
groundnutoil:
guy dat thing looks like a giant centipede and if it is dn god help u if u get stung by it
it contains very very very deadly venoms neurotoxins I think shut down nervous systems and kills just like snakes which likely would send u into cardiac arrest and death in a mata of hours
dat is if wat am seeing is truly d giant centipede(looks like it)I saw on natgeo wild

I saw this thing in my house this morning around 5 am. A very big one. I've seen it like 10x since we packed in last year june. I've bn wondering what exactly attracts it to my house and we stay in first floor for that matter.
I just don't know how to get rid of it.
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2018
donbenie:
Centipedes don't scratch,they STING just like Scorpions..I should know,I've been stung once..
check well
... na scorpion sting u
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by mide419: 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
Lol

This thing has crawled up my mattress like 10 times this year alone.

It can sting but doesn't harm much.

Will just swell a little and swell. Nothing much.

You are in a water logged area am sure
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by thesicilian: 6:54pm On Jun 26, 2018
donsheddy1:
You're not sure what you played with
Lol.
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by donbenie(m): 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2018
chenzen:
check well
... na scorpion sting u
Really? have you ever been stung by one?..am sure I know the difference between a scorpion and a centipede..
Although centipede bites may be painful, they are rarely fatal. The symptoms of centipede stings vary depending on the degree of allergic reaction and the size of the centipede. Typically, bite victims have severe pain, swelling and redness at the site of the bite, with symptoms usually lasting less than 48 hours.
Centipede Bites: Do Centipedes Bite People? - Orkin
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by thesicilian: 7:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
skyhighweb:
u mean millipede
Lol. I mean centipede. You know, ignorance at times can be blissful.
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by McPerry(f): 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

it doesn't sting, it actually bites...and it's bite is one very painful shyt! and it can be fatal for kids below 4 years..

OMG!!!!!
Lord please continue to protect us all.Amen.

Thanks
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by Jerry2i(m): 8:13pm On Jun 26, 2018
Saw a centipede in my room last semester I killed it.
This semester I also killed a scorpion.
Really scared but I just pray always for divine guidance and protection.

1 Like

Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by Trexnemesis(m): 10:14pm On Jun 26, 2018
thesicilian:
We used to play with that stuff as children.

No, not this one. It is deadly. The one we played with as kids was millipede.
Re: Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) by groundnutoil(m): 6:27am On Jun 27, 2018
egojeny1:

I saw this thing in my house this morning around 5 am. A very big one. I've seen it like 10x since we packed in last year june. I've bn wondering what exactly attracts it to my house and we stay in first floor for that matter.
I just don't know how to get rid of it.
try fumigation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dead Snake Hanging On Man's Door In Anambra (photos) / See The Owl They Killed At Ikotun Market This Morning / Ghost Caught on Camera in kano Burning? [ see photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.