Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,068 members, 7,956,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:46 AM

Failing :the Biggest Path To Succeeding - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Failing :the Biggest Path To Succeeding (358 Views)

The Ielts Writing Tasks - The Key To Succeeding / The Secret To Succeeding In An Ielts Test / The Secret To Succeeding In An Ielts Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Failing :the Biggest Path To Succeeding by emahomidhe: 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2018
While growing up, like every kid, I had my life planned out. I held on tightly to this " perfect dream" , that seemed almost impossible to fail at. After all who go about expecting to fail ?
I am few years away from 30, and the truth is I have failed in many things - education, friendship relationship, career, health, separated from family, health issues, depressed and lonely_ I am still failing.
As I brood over these things, and the wars I have to fight to overcome, I saw the brighter side of everything; I have almost become stronger, resilient and ready to shoulder any weather.
Although I haven't gotten my biggest break, I am positive minded again, and gradually, I am planning another "perfect dream"
I believe that if we take life easy, love genuinely, care for and help others grow, take up a philanthropic course no matter how small, create time for family, love ourselves a little more, live an integrity life,care about the Earth and her resources, applaud failure and laugh at our own mistake, then we have begin to live the life.

In all, these are parts of the few lessons I have learnt from this process:
*Life happens;it is often not the way we planned it.

*failing is as important as succeeding
*when you fail, learn from it, dust yourself and start again.
No matter the height you fell from, be willing to start again -do not despised little beginnings.
*Do not compare yourself with others. Everyone is fighting a battle. In life, you will always meet those who are better than you, and those who you are better than.
* put people first before money, not the other way round
*value friendship, and never look down on people. Anybody can get to the top
*if you must leave a relationship, leave honourably. We all have a heart that could be hurt
*Be humble and respect people.
*it isn't always about the money;so many things are sweeter - friendship, family, health the smile of a baby, a heartfelt laughter ....the list is endless.
*suicide is never the best resort...it is for the faint hearted
*There is power in team, never say I am self sufficient (this was the major factor that wreck my ship)

Yes you CAN start AGAIN

(1) (Reply)

Low Self Esteem, Love And Acceptance / Middle Of The Year Motivation / Pray For Me, “I Might Have Just Recorded The Biggest Feature Of My Career”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.