Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme (12542 Views)

Pay Your Third Term School Fees, FG Tells Students / IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System / Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by GistManor: 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2018

The Federal Government on Tuesday warned that it would sanction any tertiary institution which charges more than N2,000 for Post-UTME.

Minister of Education, Alhaji Adamu Adamu, gave the warning at the ongoing Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Policy Meeting on Admissions into Tertiary Institutions in Gbongan, Osun.

Adamu said:

“At the 2017 policy meeting, I endorsed that any institution which was interested in conducting any form of Post-UTME screening could do so, but that the gross charge for the screening should not be more than N2,000.

“Once again, let me caution heads of tertiary institutions that it would not be tolerated for any institution to charge any fee beyond the approved two thousand naira (N2,000).

“Firmer sanctions than those of last session shall be applied to cases of violation,” the minister said.

Adamu, however, said that the policy meeting would continue to be the forum where the agenda, guidelines, modalities, and timelines would be set for the purpose of admissions to universities, polytechnics, monotechnics and colleges of education in Nigeria.

“Therefore, no admission to any tertiary institutions should be announced before the policy meeting.

“It is appreciated that the meeting is being held early enough for the commencement of the new session.

“The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board should ensure that the policy meeting is now held not later than June every year”, Adamu said.

In his remarks, JAMB Registrar, Prof. Is’haq Oloyede, said UTME scores were not the cut off marks to gain admission into universities.

Oloyede said the marks were just minimum scores, adding that there were other assessments for consideration before a candidate could gain admission into tertiary institutions.

He also said that the number of candidates that were involved in examination malpractices in UTME had reduced drastically.

https://www.gistmanor.com/music/jamb-fg-tells-tertiary-institutions-how-much-to-charge-for-post-utme/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by LibertyRep: 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2018
I really do not think it's appropriate to charge the candidates for post utme. Any institution that feels JAMB hasn't done a good job should be at liberty to conduct own assessment at no extra burden on the candidates.

Mr. Minister sir, please watch out for some institutions that will charge #2000 for post utme in compliance with the directive and then charge additional #3000 or more for portal access or any other nomenclature they deem fit.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by MrGreenMavro: 7:18am On Jun 27, 2018
cheesy

Abeg when is IGHALO coming to NIGERIA...we Nigerians have a gift for him

10 Likes

Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by kingPhidel(m): 7:19am On Jun 27, 2018
G
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 27, 2018
4th to comment now??..... when will i be first??....

All this space booked above me. Receive early morning sense angry

Anyways check my SIGNATURE
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by opera1(m): 7:19am On Jun 27, 2018
Kwara state university Charges 5k for this year Post-UTME screening.
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:19am On Jun 27, 2018
Useless news
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by Ekikor(m): 7:21am On Jun 27, 2018
Op hold on, I have to clarify something

1 Like

Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by Folashade2016(f): 7:22am On Jun 27, 2018
Nice one but they will not adhered to it.

anyway check my SIGNATURE
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by ruboy(m): 7:22am On Jun 27, 2018
Nice development.
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by Offpoint: 7:23am On Jun 27, 2018
just want to waste space, I honestly have nothing to say
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by Rebuke: 7:23am On Jun 27, 2018
Yhu can imagine how much they rake in yearly even at N2,000...but wherez dis money going to?

Every ministry/sector has a way of extorting money from Nigerians directly or indirectly yet no giving back to us in any way.

What do we even gain or enjoy from our government?

1 Like

Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by wondamusic: 7:25am On Jun 27, 2018
Nothing positive is happening in this country
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by jibs4lv(m): 7:26am On Jun 27, 2018
If they don't pay it in coins , they ll surely pay it in cowry. no be naija .

anyway na the era of check my sig we dey o if you don't mind grin
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by naijacentric(m): 7:26am On Jun 27, 2018
Would dey listen wen u Fg has taught dem to steal wif style
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by Mekanus(m): 7:28am On Jun 27, 2018
What the heck do they even need the 2k for? They make hundreds of millions from this post utme yearly and still our universities are in total decay.
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by seunlayi(m): 7:30am On Jun 27, 2018
They will always have their ways ie post jamb +internet charge 2,500 + admin charges 5k = 7,500 and add Cafe fee grin

1 Like

Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by Donald3d(m): 7:34am On Jun 27, 2018
Imagine !!
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by 1899Milan: 7:42am On Jun 27, 2018
Elecrion year and "proactiveness" grin
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by felixix(m): 7:43am On Jun 27, 2018
This is 9ja angry
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by anibi9674: 7:45am On Jun 27, 2018
ok.
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by Tlyon(m): 7:46am On Jun 27, 2018
This is NIGERIA. if dem go hear.
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by MrBigiman: 7:47am On Jun 27, 2018
Why Post UME, I tot it was scrapped?
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by Ztittude(m): 7:59am On Jun 27, 2018
seunlayi:
They will always have their ways ie post jamb +internet charge 2,500 + admin charges 5k = 7,500 and add Cafe fee grin

you sabi their way

during GEJ same thing happen after FG pegged the fee...
immediately Post UME = 1500
back charge = 2000
etranzet (like interswitch) = 500
total = 4000

Where in the work is bank charges higher or even 50% of the payment?
just like acceptance fee in Federal Univ, education in Nigeria now is business (govt/private)
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by anibi9674: 8:02am On Jun 27, 2018
post ume are avenues for university to raise money for vice chancellors and their cronies.

1 Like

Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by Officialemmyd(m): 8:03am On Jun 27, 2018
Nigerian institutions will always find oda means of getting money frm d stdt
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by bigpicture001: 8:07am On Jun 27, 2018
jamb as exam conducting body should be scrapped.....
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by qanda: 8:18am On Jun 27, 2018
For Information purpose. Post UTME Exams Questions and Answers are also available for download on Q and A App. Download the App on Google Playstore.
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by MarianIsy(f): 8:18am On Jun 27, 2018
I still don't understand..... Will there be post utme this year YES OR NO
Re: JAMB: FG Tells Tertiary Institutions How Much To Charge For Post-utme by acehood907(m): 8:21am On Jun 27, 2018
Post utme stamp paper

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB 2018 UTME: More Results To Be Released 19th March / Should She Go For Law Or Journalism? / Coincidences In History That Will Leave You Scratching Your Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.