Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy (918 Views)

Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy / John Terry: Fa Set To Remove England Captaincy / Censored Picture Of Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey's Leg Break Against Stoke City (2) (3) (4)

Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by SCYLLA: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2010
Chris Beattie

EDITORIAL: Even if Cesc Fabregas's time at Arsenal doesn't end this summer, his reign as captain should.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger must accept giving Cesc the captaincy has proven a long-term mistake, with the player's public shows of affection towards Barcelona devaluing the status of being the top man at Emirates.

You can't question Cesc's commitment to Arsenal on the pitch. Last season he left us one of the great cameos in Premiership history with his amazing 27-minute brace against Aston Villa. It was stunning. He was magnificent and the performance will go down as one of the greatest seen at Emirates.

But being club captain goes beyond deeds on the pitch and at the training ground. It's about setting and maintaining a culture at a club. A commitment to the cause. Is it any longer good enough for Wenger to have his top player touting himself to his hometown club? And what affect has Cesc's Dad, Francesc, had on the stability at Arsenal when he is also talking up his son's return to Spain regularly in the local media?

Would the dressing room of Tony Adams, Martin Keown and David Seaman have stood for it?

The likes of Robin van Persie and Gael Clichy are now older and wise enough to handle Cesc's split loyalties. But what of the young foreigners coming through like Gilles Sunu and Ignasi Miquel? How will they be influenced by their captain's actions in putting Arsenal second to his constant pining for a Barcelona return?

On the pitch, Arsenal will survive Cesc's sale. In Jack Wilshere, Wenger has a player who will easily fill the void left by the Spaniard. You can understand the Frenchman wanting one last season from Cesc before introducing Wilshere as a 20 going on 21 year-old to boss his midfield.

But if he is to keep hold of Cesc, then it shouldn't be at the cost of devaluing the captaincy and destabilising the club.

I would argue giving the leadership role to Cesc at such a young age has been counter-productive. With the armband has come endorsement deals and a new global profile for Cesc. It's created the illusion that Arsenal need him more than he needs the Gunners.

But no-one in Spain, despite Cesc's world-wide appeal - thanks to his prominence at Arsenal - will claim that he is a superior player to prospective Barca teammates Xavi and Andres Iniesta. And neither of them, for all their success on the pitch, enjoy the same recognition around the world as Cesc.

Peter Hill-Wood, the Gunners chairman, is right. This is what is waiting for Cesc at the Nou Camp. Yes, there will be trophies in a remarkably uncompetitive La Liga, but a regular place in Barca's midfield? Greater endorsement deals than what he enjoys as a high-profile Premiership player? It's a stretch to say this is a guarantee.

In contrast, Arsenal will welcome into the first team an English player in the form of Wilshere not seen since the days of Glenn Hoddle. On the pitch he will excite fans across the world and off it , he will have Arsenal's moneymen rubbing their hands with glee.

Life will move on for Arsenal without Cesc. But Wenger needs to end the uncertainty and find himself a new captain to set the right tone through the club.
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by dipo2much(m): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2010
Not even one word from your head? You just gabbage everything out. Na wa o
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by dipo2much(m): 10:49pm On Jun 07, 2010
dk,wetin happen na? Abi one gunner rape your wife?
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by dayokanu(m): 11:33pm On Jun 07, 2010
My theory has been proven to be right time and again
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by mukina2: 12:16am On Jun 08, 2010
Dayo is arsenal obsessed, he is a closet gunner angry

not that we need him tongue
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by SCYLLA: 12:38am On Jun 08, 2010
@dayokanu
I dont know if the guy is an arsenal fan, I just found his editorial amusing. My mind kept going back to the John Terry - Man city saga and I know there are subtle differences but I think the man made some strong points like

Would the dressing room of Tony Adams, Martin Keown and David Seaman have stood for it?

The likes of Robin van Persie and Gael Clichy are now older and wise enough to handle Cesc's split loyalties. But what of the young foreigners coming through like Gilles Sunu and Ignasi Miquel? How will they be influenced by their captain's actions in putting Arsenal second to his constant pining for a Barcelona return?

and this one
But no-one in Spain, despite Cesc's world-wide appeal - thanks to his prominence at Arsenal - will claim that he is a superior player to prospective Barca teammates Xavi and Andres Iniesta. And neither of them, for all their success on the pitch, enjoy the same recognition around the world as Cesc.
I really cannot say about iniesta but fab is way way behind xavi if you ask me and I still feel xavi has got two or three good seasons left in him, but I must admit that if fabregas were in the La liga, he would not at least have as much popularity as the premiership. Take david villa for instance, he is a world class striker, up there with the best of the best but his transfer to barca seems already like ages ago. Just my two cents anyway.
On the other hand who the bloody heck is Jack Wilshere? IMO he did fine till he whipped up the whole English sentiment.
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by dayokanu(m): 4:11am On Jun 08, 2010
The only obosession i have is for Mukina2 kiss kiss kiss

Scylla which team do you support but its an accepted fact that most GAYYners are demented I hope you mare not one
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 08, 2010
SCYLLA:

See these simpletons trying to make ABC look like rocket science, I came across an editorial, thought it was interesting and opened a post for it just like people do on every other section of this forum. Since when is it against the rules to post an editorial?

This sectarian and baboonish mentality you guys bandy around here is very annoying as everything has got to be manure and gayner, puhllllleeeezzz give me a break, highlight what the dude has said and comment. See me expecting to come back here to people discussing if a captain should be striped for acting the way fabregas did, mscheeeewwwww angry angry angry
You need your head examined,cus you're only confirming our suspicions of cut-and-paste.
In case you didn't notice,most original posters add their own comments even when they plagiarise other people's work.You just garbaged it (apologies to dipo2much) without any input from you.
Besides,the topic isn't new,by and large.Go to the Gaynner thread for more info.It's not like the guy is even telling us anything new per se.
Go rest abeg,instead of seeking for attention.
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by medjai(m): 10:30am On Jun 08, 2010
Since when did copy and paste become a crime. Peeps round here attach too much importance to frivolities.
@ topic: i wont blame Fabregas. Playing for Barca is beyond numerous endorsement deals or global recognition. Nothing makes a Catalan happier than playing for the Blaugurana. Its a culture and it stems from the communal nature of the Catalan society.
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by SCYLLA: 7:25pm On Jun 08, 2010
Eastbay:

You need your head examined,cus you're only confirming our suspicions of cut-and-paste.
In case you didn't notice,most original posters add their own comments even when they plagiarise other people's work.You just garbaged it (apologies to dipo2much) without any input from you.
Besides,the topic isn't new,by and large.Go to the Gaynner thread for more info.It's not like the guy is even telling us anything new per se.
Go rest abeg,instead of seeking for attention.

Are you sure you can read and write at all?
Chris Beattie

EDITORIAL:
Did I say SCYLLA wrote it? What else can one expect from an arse licking Neanderthal but the rubbish you have posted on this thread. 80% of the threads opened for games were culled from other people's work from popular sites so why don't you take your boy scout mentality to those threads. See his mouth fingers like Original Poster.
If brains were dynamite you don't have enough to blow a wig off your head, bloody dim witted twerp!
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by ritchboy(m): 8:12pm On Jun 08, 2010
If brains were dynamite you don't have enough to blow a wig off your head

DEATH AT A FUNERAL!! grin grin
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by dipo2much(m): 7:13am On Jun 09, 2010
So can we get straight at the point? Who becomes captain after Fab leaves?

I think RVP
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by dayokanu(m): 6:58pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^ I think Bendtner deserves it or Silvestre
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by dipo2much(m): 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
dayokanu:

You always think, But I know you cant think right
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by mykali(m): 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2010
dayokanu:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by v3: 10:27am On Jun 10, 2010
Eastbay:

^^^^
Bros I tire oh.
This intellectual laziness is something else:cut-and-paste syndrome.How I wish we were still using typewriters.That way,we'd be forced to think instead of lifting anything in sight just to post on NL.
Did you REALLY have to show us how much of a dimwit you are? He copied som'n off the net and posted it on here, if you don't like that. . go smoke some green or SIMPLY STFU. . Geez kid, you have to stop being confused while posting and ENOUGH crap about MTN fastlink, no one buys that cheap line nowadays angry
Hmmm, testicles in a brain? smh

@DK
Since ALL gaynners are 'retarded' in that peanut-sized brain of yours, what you doing hanging out with Mukina, A 'retarded' gaynner? tongue

@ritchboy
Damn, you beat me to it grin grin
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by v3: 10:34am On Jun 10, 2010
*thread cleaned*
Nuff dissin' gents
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by dayokanu(m): 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2010
@DK
Since ALL gaynners are 'retarded' in that peanut-sized brain of yours, what you doing hanging out with Mukina, A 'retarded' gaynner?

Not all GAYYners are retarded, but all retards are Gayyners.
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by mukina2: 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2010
angry angry
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by dayokanu(m): 4:30pm On Jun 10, 2010
You know you are one of the few unretarded GAYYners but others are just beyond redemption
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by v3: 4:41pm On Jun 10, 2010
Daaayoo

I hope say the vuvuzela noise no dey distort ya brain Tx&Rx.
How can you say ALL gunners are RETARDED and in the SAME breathe say NOT ALL of em are?? sad *shakes head in pity*
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by dayokanu(m): 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
I hope say the vuvuzela noise no dey distort ya brain Tx&Rx.
How can you say ALL gunners are RETARDED and in the SAME breathe say NOT ALL of em are??

Can you read?

Not all GAYYners are retards but all Retards are GAYYners

Do you understand?
Re: Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy by v3: 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2010
And the Nazis Navi? cool

Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (live) / Real Madrid - Atletico Madrid(madrid Derby) 9: 00 PM Today!! / Who Should Replace Dirk Kuyt