Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For (2072 Views)

The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. / Is Mr. B A Good Friend Or A Bad Friend? / Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Switup: 9:59pm On Jun 26, 2018
i have heard of ICAN but i have no idea what it entails... if there are other certificate courses i would like to be enlightened....

shared ideas are most welcome...
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Switup: 6:58am On Jun 27, 2018
cc; lasticlala
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by chrisbaxtian(m): 7:38am On Jun 27, 2018
Switup:
i have heard of ICAN but i have no idea what it entails... if there are other certificate courses i would like to be enlightened....

which industry are you targeting in terms of career path?

3 Likes

Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Switup: 6:08pm On Jun 29, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

which industry are you targeting in terms of career path?
These days, jobs are mostly open to HR Managers and mostly Accountants too.. There are hardly any spaces for those of us from Humanities.. so if you were to enlighten me to take on a professional course, whih would it be? and why? i'll appreciate it if i get several responses

1 Like

Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by chrisbaxtian(m): 9:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
Switup:
These days, jobs are mostly open to HR Managers and mostly Accountants too.. There are hardly any spaces for those of us from Humanities.. so if you were to enlighten me to take on a professional course, whih would it be? and why? i'll appreciate it if i get several responses

when the student is ready, the master will appear! from your comment, you are not yet ready for the journey you want to embark on

4 Likes

Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by famouscargo: 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
Switup:

since your course of study has to do with humanities, you should do CIPM. To be Human resource person

1 Like

Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Switup: 10:34pm On Jun 29, 2018
famouscargo:
since your course of study has to do with humanities, you should do CIPM. To be Human resource person
thankful... ill make research on CIPM

1 Like

Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Switup: 10:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

when the student is ready, the master will appear! from your comment, you are not yet ready for the journey you want to embark on
Okay then. live life
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Bluemalam: 10:48pm On Jun 29, 2018
B.A in what? That will help in determining your answer.

If your B.A is not in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration or related fields, then its questionable how far a certificate in personnel management will take you.
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Switup: 11:06pm On Jun 30, 2018
Bluemalam:
B.A in what? That will help in determining your answer.

If your B.A is not in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration or related fields, then its questionable how far a certificate in personnel management will take you.
History and International Studies... sometimes I wonder if there are ever job vacancies for us.
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
Go and purchase ICAN form. A hate that exam body with passion.. That institute accept anybody to their profession
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by chrisbaxtian(m): 11:18pm On Jun 30, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Go and purchase ICAN form. A hate that exam body with passion.. That institute accept anybody to their profession

simply because anybody can be an accountant tongue there is nothing exclusive about it

4 Likes

Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 30, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

simply because anybody can be an accountant tongue there is nothing exclusive about it
Can anybody be a lawyer or doctor? undecided
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by chrisbaxtian(m): 11:37pm On Jun 30, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Can anybody be a lawyer or doctor? undecided
No! that is why those professionals are highly rated, even more than accountants

3 Likes

Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 30, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

No! that is why those professionals are highly rated, even more than accountants
Accountant, lawyers, Doctors, Economist are professional courses. They have laws guiding them on how they operate. Anybody can be a lawyer or doctor but their professional body created restrictions. There is nothing specular about law or Economist but their professional body restricted those opting in into their profession. That is the more reason I liked ANAN back then because it was strictly for accounting graduate. They design it similar to law school.
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Switup: 9:29pm On Jul 01, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

Mr. "you are not yet ready for the journey you want to embark on"... what you still doin on ma thread?? Thought u was gone decades ago. Too egotistical to give an advice yet too miniature to leave my thread so that those willing can help...
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Switup: 9:32pm On Jul 01, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Accountant, lawyers, Doctors, Economist are professional courses. They have laws guiding them on how they operate. Anybody can be a lawyer or doctor but their professional body created restrictions. There is nothing specular about law or Economist but their professional body restricted those opting in into their profession. That is the more reason I liked ANAN back then because it was strictly for accounting graduate. They design it similar to law school.
lm truly appreciating this... so in other words are you of the opinion that ICAN is overrated ? if yes, is embarking on an HR diet better??
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Switup: 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2018
asuustrike2009:
lol....
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by chrisbaxtian(m): 10:23pm On Jul 01, 2018
Switup:
Mr. "you are not yet ready for the journey you want to embark on"... what you still doin on ma thread?? Thought u was gone decades ago. Too egotistical to give an advice yet too miniature to leave my thread so that those willing can help...

nigga shvt da fuq up! I was only replying the person that quoted me. besides you are not a serious person to begin with. Expecting strangers to choose and encourage you to follow a path you did not chart. This is the reason I didn't bother giving you anything. You don't deserve it (yet)!

4 Likes

Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Switup: 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

[s]nigga shvt da fuq up! I was only replying the person that quoted me. besides you are not a serious person to begin with. Expecting strangers to choose and encourage you to follow a path you did not chart. This is the reason I didn't bother giving you anything. You don't deserve it (yet)[/s]!
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by chrisbaxtian(m): 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
[quote author=Switup post=69000814][/quote]
bleh

4 Likes

Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Switup: 11:00pm On Jul 01, 2018
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by DeUltimate7(m): 10:22am On Jul 02, 2018
Switup:
thankful... ill make research on CIPM
Please take note, there are like 4CIPMs, Namely 1.Chartered institute of personnel mgt, 2.Chartered institute of public mgt, 3. Chartered institute of project mgt and other one which i cant remember, i advise you go for the 1 since you belonged to the faculties of humanities, i am an associate member of 2 if you need an assistance to become a member of the professional institute.
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Ibrahim94(m): 11:50am On Jul 02, 2018
DeUltimate7:
Please take note, there are like 4CIPMs, Namely 1.Chartered institute of personnel mgt, 2.Chartered institute of public mgt, 3. Chartered institute of project mgt and other one which i cant remember, i advise you go for the 1 since you belonged to the faculties of humanities, i am an associate member of 2 if you need an assistance to become a member of the professional institute.
I really subcribed to ur notion bro. I'm a Graduate of History and International Studies, during my service year I registered for CIPMN, I'm now in my Professional 1. please, how can I reach u?
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Switup: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2018
Ibrahim94:
I really subcribed to ur notion bro. I'm a Graduate of History and International Studies, during my service year I registered for CIPMN, I'm now in my Professional 1. please, how can I reach u?
lf given a second chance, would it still be History ??
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Switup: 3:48pm On Jul 02, 2018
DeUltimate7:
i do. and the CIPM1 seems good for me ....

1 Like

Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2018
Switup:
i do. and the CIPM1 seems good for me ....
Just do it and advance forward..

1 Like

Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Switup: 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2018
thanx dumo1
Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2018
Switup:
thanx dumo1
You are welcome. Don't let any badbelle tell you otherwise...

1 Like

Re: What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For by Bluemalam: 2:45am On Jul 03, 2018
dumo1:

Just do it and advance forward..

Seconded. The only limits we have are the ones placed by ourselves.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The New Bike Uber... Known As Oride / Federal Ministry Of Youth Development Invitation For Virtual Training / Customs How Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.