Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,454 members, 7,850,583 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:50 AM

Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? (804 Views)

Big Match Anticipation !!!! Manchester United Incapable Of Wins / South Africans Hail Chukwueze, Ndidi / Africans That Won The World Cup With France. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by resurgent2019: 10:45pm On Jun 26, 2018
I have always known that the black man can’t concentrate, but this night confirmed my suspicions. I was fidgety all through the match because I didn’t trust our boys to hold on till the end of the game—and my worst fears came through.

As an individual and a black, I also have problems concentrating and work since my work involves a lot of reading. Since then, I have come to accept that the black man cannot really concentrate. How can we help the black man to focus more on assigned task? We need to discuss this and help ourselves. Enough of the plateau bloodshed. Even thinking about Nigeria’s problems can complicate or worsen issues.

How can the black man best achieve focus?

Discuss!
Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by Ofodirinwa: 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2018
haha, I'm in the US and white people can't concentrate either. It's a human thing that's made worst with the amount of distractions (internet, TV) we have in modern society.

2 Likes

Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by TherWasACountry: 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2018
It's not really concentration. Its the apparent lack of finesse and ...well, determination and somewhat I'll fate that just keeps befalling them no matter how hard they try. Trust me, av reflected long and hard bout this.

Take for instance the game u mentioned. Eagles trained hard, disciplined in camp (I heard they even his their camp venue), even more concentrated and coordinated than their opponents. But what'd it take? Just one good strike to make the difference.

For decades, blacks have tried to get it right. Really tried. Through blood and sand, through sweat and toil. But they just can't. South Africa emerged from a woeful Apartheid, but still struggle for true global relevance. Is it Rwandans?Even with all precautions, Ebola looked for where next to go it remembered Congo in Central Africa. Compare that to the Germans and Israelis, who emerged from darkest days of Holocaust. Or the Koreans who fought themselves to today, but have progressed despite lack of truce.

Nigeria, as the mother of the black race embodies the apparent near total disaster of the race. Few days ago, murdered their fellow humans for cows. Then the people that should swing to action pretended like it was normal thing. 200 slain in one cool evening! No emergency. No mourning. No response. We just read, shake our heads and forget about it. Smarter conclaves would've long nailed this menace. We encourage more wives and more children because we think it's what makes us giant. WHAT IS MORE FOOLISH!

But. I'm glad for fellows like Barack Obama (who is half-white anyway), Dr. Ezekwesili, Prof. Achebe (of blessed memory), Nelson Mandela (blessed memory), Prof. Soyinka, Thabo Mbeki, Martin Luther, countless other global statesmen who through their accomplishments, proved that it's not just the race, but the collective failure of the many.
Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by resurgent2019: 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
haha, I'm in the US and white people can't concentrate either. It's a human thing that's made worst with the amount of distractions (internet, TV) we have in modern society.

I agree that social media affects one’s ability to focus but the whites are still more organized and get things done. What is the problem of the black man?

On the issue of prayer, I have accepted a long time that prayers don’t really work. I have not prayed for almost 3 years and I ain’t dead. The efficacy of prayer keeps getting eroded day by day as Nigeria gets worse. But we must accept that there is something wrong with Africans, or those of us still based here.

Leon Balogun for me was the most committed in that match. We all know he didn’t grow up here and he’s half caste. Another pointer to the validity of my assertions.

Who will help the black man now angry

I am really ashamed. You can imagine what the whole of Europe will think of Africans after Nigeria’s performance tonight. They tried for us by awarding us that penalty, and we still failed to take our chances.
Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by babasolution: 11:03pm On Jun 26, 2018
As for this match the tthe argentines are a better quality team,no body expecting nigeria to win,but for the issue of concentration and the blackman,the problem of the black man is that he is too laid back,focuses on unimportant things and general unserious,the blackman needs seriousness to make progress,we are generally an unserious lot.

2 Likes

Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by GavelSlam: 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2018
We've beaten Argentina and Brazil when the stakes were high.

At the moment, we haven't got the well cooked collection of individuals to make us a formidable unit.

Countries such as Italy and Netherlands did not qualify for the world cup.

Iceland beat England at the last Euros but came last in our group.

We can do better next time.

1 Like

Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by GavelSlam: 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
The Nigerian team is not a reflection of our society because if you asked me, I would tell you those boys have excelled in their chosen vocation.

They may not be the best in in the world in their position but corporate entities have found them worthy to be part of their team.

Can you say so about yourself?

1 Like

Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by resurgent2019: 11:13pm On Jun 26, 2018
GavelSlam:
The Nigerian team is not a reflection of our society because if you asked me, I would tell you those boys have excelled in their chosen vocation.

They may not be the best in in the world in their position but corporate entities have found them worthy to be part of their team.

Can you say so about yourself?

This your question is puzzling ooo. Why not? I have tried, but I can do better. That’s why I opened the thread so I can learn and improve on myself. And I am doing this for my unborn kids. Things must be better for them. I can’t risk having them amid the mediocrity that pervades Nigeria.
Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by SalamRushdie: 11:15pm On Jun 26, 2018
The truth is that the Average African is not capable generating true intelligence but can easily mimic intelligence by looking intelligent , sounding intelligent and even trying to be practically intelligent but don't be decieved it's all mimicry ..same thing a parrot does ... on this thread there is a classic example of a character that is well versed in such shadow intelligence .
Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by resurgent2019: 11:18pm On Jun 26, 2018
SalamRushdie:
The truth is that the Average African is not capable generating true intelligence but can easily mimic intelligence by looking intelligent , sounding intelligent and even trying to be practically intelligent but don't be decieved it's all mimicry ..same thing a parrot does ... on this thread there is a classic example of a character that is well versed in such shadow intelligence .

I know who you are talking about. But let’s leave that aside. As black men, we need to find a solution to this problem, because the whites will be having a serious laugh at our expense.

I want to be a more efficient and result oriented black man. I want to deliver when it matters most.
Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by GavelSlam: 11:20pm On Jun 26, 2018
resurgent2019:

This your question is puzzling ooo. Why not? I have tried, but I can do better. That’s why I opened the thread so I can learn and improve on myself. And I am doing this for my unborn kids. Things must be better for them. I can’t risk having them amid the mediocrity that pervades Nigeria.

My poser is not solely for you.

It is for most Nigerians.

The average Nigerian is not creative but when I say this people attack me.

We do not embrace research.

We don't spend the extra effort to be better or more advanced than we found ourselves.

We are bigoted - although this has become more pronounced with foreign religion, politics and social media.

The footballers you see, are the few that put in the effort.

2 Likes

Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by yanabasee(m): 11:20pm On Jun 26, 2018
Concentration is more of a personal thing......

Distractions doesn't look at your skin color...its more of a human's thing.... Every human experience distraction and stay focus by putting their minds together and avoiding external thoughts!!

It's always the first thing to learn a child before training the child to absorb and rivet by storing informations for a longer period of time!!

1 Like

Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by GavelSlam: 11:26pm On Jun 26, 2018
SalamRushdie:

As usual, you cannot but sell your hate, hate, hate.

You are not even man enough to say my name .

At the beginning of my rebuttals to you and your likes, you called me BMC until i proved otherwise.

Later, you said I was probably connected to a politician in fact, I think you mentioned Fashola, perhaps because I was vehement there had been an improvement in power.

Can't you do something better in life and acknowledge that your favoured candidate lost an election by popular vote in 2015?

Must this lead to a smear campaign?

Impugn the integrity of people without an iota of evidence?

Must people die so that corruption must hold sway?

1 Like

Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by resurgent2019: 11:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
GavelSlam:

My poser is not solely for you.

It is for most Nigerians.

The average Nigerian is not creative but when I say this people attack me.

We do not embrace research.

We don't spend the extra effort to be better or more advanced than we found ourselves.

We are bigoted - although this has become more pronounced with foreign religion, politics and social media.

The footballers you see, are the few that put in the effort.

I agree with you. Nigeria has to be the worst nation in Africa, she is simply getting worse everyday and millions are trapped inside her. No wonder Trump called us shi.thole.

I will put in more effort to make myself better at what I do. There is really no room to fail. I have only one life to live.
Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by GavelSlam: 11:32pm On Jun 26, 2018
resurgent2019:

I agree with you. Nigeria has to be the worst nation in Africa, she is simply getting worse everyday and millions are trapped inside her. No wonder Trump called us shi.thole.

I will put in more effort to make myself better at what I do. There is really no room to fail. I have only one life to live.

That's the spirit.

The footballers are our example and I would tell you that they've shown tremendous ability, fight and doggedness.

They accommodate each other .

When Musa scored he knelt as muslims do in prayer.
The rest of the boys respected his sentiments and embraced him when he was done.

The players passed to who was open and none of them said " Na Christian no give am ball" , "na notherner he no go take am do better thing ".

Our footballers excel far greater than the Nigerian standard.

2 Likes

Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by resurgent2019: 11:34pm On Jun 26, 2018
GavelSlam:

That's the spirit.

The footballers are our example and I would tell you that they've shown tremendous ability, fight and doggedness.

They accommodate each other .

When Musa scored he knelt as muslims do in prayer.
The rest of the boys respected his sentiments and embraced him when he was done.

The players passed to who was open and none of them said " Na Christian no give am ball" , "na notherner he no go take am do better thing ".

Out footballers excel far greater than the Nigerian standard.

Spot on. First time I am agreeing with you.

But Nigeria still needs fixing. Whether it is fixed or not, I have to sort myself out.
Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by GavelSlam: 11:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
resurgent2019:

Spot on. First time I am agreeing with you.

But Nigeria still needs fixing. Whether it is fixed or not, I have to sort myself out.

Let's just put it this way.

I have long sorted myself out and I laugh when people try the BMC line with me.

Nigeria needs fixing and it is the Nigerians that must fix their mindset.

We are not a cohesive unit .

We abhor research and hardwork is becoming less attractive.

We must demand facts.

We must remove religion and tribal sentiments in making decisions.

Until this is done, The nation is doomed.

3 Likes

Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by babasolution: 11:46pm On Jun 26, 2018
nigeria is heading for doom,youngmen have to act fast before the blackrace is plunged into total disaster forever,the older generation men have completely failed

2 Likes

Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by babasolution: 11:54pm On Jun 26, 2018
blacks are dumb,when the white man says this we say he is racist to the truth speaks of itself in this modern era,majority of blacks are clearly dumb,until we accept that fact and seek to improve by reading,we cant move forward,young men especially must begin to read wide and hard.Africa needs intelligent young men.

2 Likes

Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by resurgent2019: 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2018
babasolution:
nigeria is heading for doom,youngmen have to act fast before the blackrace is plunged into total disaster forever,the older generation men have completely failed

Nigeria’s case is pretty frustrating. I get scared most times. But it will be okay. No harm will befall we our families as Nigeria goes through hard times.
Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by stonemasonn: 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2018
Our gene haven't evolved yet, it will take probably a millennium.

As for today's match, it's probably inferiority complex or lack of total self believe or just poor strikers.
Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by Litmus: 12:10am On Jun 27, 2018
babasolution:
blacks are dumb,when the white man says this we say he is racist to the truth speaks of itself in this modern era,majority of blacks are clearly dumb,until we accept that fact and seek to improve by reading,we cant move forward,young men especially must begin to read wide and hard.Africa needs intelligent young men.

Could you gives us a little example of how your dumbness shows and how a white individual in your place might have acted differently and demonstrably less dumb?

Please don't use your post as illustration

1 Like

Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by tollyboy5(m): 12:28am On Jun 27, 2018
This is the problem we are all frustrated example are many lagosians we very sad not always in good mood that's why it is easy for us to bash each other on social media. like people would say zero joy. I contribution might be long but I have to say something. I look around I see guys who condemn internet fraudsters already into it. I had problem with my family years back and was in the street and I saw what street guys are facing. If you annoy me on social media I'll say "you are an idiot" but if you annoy me in real life I'll b quiet for vengeance, we are all frustrated how should we focus I was gud @ electronics years back but every one we build 2geda as lost focus and are doing what they feel would profit them those of us who where more focus are almost regretting . My brother I'm tired we jump to support people mostly base on religious and tribal sentiment I'm really tired. I was added to a GRP one time where d admin was claiming to mobilize youth not to vote because of bad government I just have to start clearing peoples ignorance. I'm really tired don't people think? someone was surprised I was talking much about politics and I said I'm a tech guy, a programmer. Thinking I was a political contestant why shud we move into politics if its not because we are tired of those in charge. abeg as a programmer with no laptop sef I'm tired. God has help us let's help our selves

1 Like

Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by SalamRushdie: 12:29am On Jun 27, 2018
GavelSlam:

As usual, you cannot but sell your hate, hate, hate.

You are not even man enough to say my name .

At the beginning of my rebuttals to you and your likes, you called me BMC until i proved otherwise.

Later, you said I was probably connected to a politician in fact, I think you mentioned Fashola, perhaps because I was vehement there had been an improvement in power.

Can't you do something better in life and acknowledge that your favoured candidate lost an election by popular vote in 2015?

Must this lead to a smear campaign?

Impugn the integrity of people without an iota of evidence?

Must people die so that corruption must hold sway?

I am still wondering why you think I was referring to you ...I was actually referring to someone else ..remember this thread ain't about politics.
Re: Are Africans Incapable Of Concentrating? by GavelSlam: 12:45am On Jun 27, 2018
SalamRushdie:

I am still wondering why you think I was referring to you ...I was actually referring to someone else ..remember this thread ain't about politics.

Be deceiving yourself.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Lady Shows Her Skills In Playing Basketball In High Heels(video,pics) / The Moment Croatia President Wiping The Tears Off There National Hero / Why Messi And Ronaldo Snubbed FIFA By Soibi Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.