Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,989 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Lack Of Desperation Is Our Bane In Soccer - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lack Of Desperation Is Our Bane In Soccer (275 Views)

Jandor’s Desperation Is Appalling / Should There Be Timeouts In Soccer Like American Football And Basketball / Open Heavens Daily Devotional Messages Sep 5, 2017 – Desperation Generates Overf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lack Of Desperation Is Our Bane In Soccer by Nyceguy92: 11:25pm On Jun 26, 2018
I always get apprehensive when our senior team is playing another team.
I get the feeling that even if they are leading in the scores by a wide margin, it is not a win until the game is over.

If there is one single attitude our national team should adopt is to match desperation with desperation in their games.

Look at the match between Sweden and the defending champion, Germany.
Germany saw the humiliation in being sent home by Sweden, so they became desperate and played by wounded lions.
Of course the last few seconds free kick told the story: Germany won.

Argentina needed to win to proceed to the next round; Nigeria needed only a draw.
Argentina became desperate and they scored.
Which is more difficult: to score or to defend a scoreline?

How can one play defensively when there is still plenty of time left for play?
How much pressure can one soak up without striking back?

I have watched all the matches played so far and I can conclude that our team did not have the desperation I saw in other teams.
Re: Lack Of Desperation Is Our Bane In Soccer by babasolution: 11:37pm On Jun 26, 2018
exactly nigeria senior teams over suvcessive years always play their footbalk lackadaisically with no intensity at all,i wonder why

(1) (Reply)

Fourteen Questions About Your Assignment. / Cristiano Ronaldo's Move To Juventus F.C. Finally Confirmed. / An Half Plot Of Land @ Isheri Osun Near Jakande Isholo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.