Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,694 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Should There Be Timeouts In Soccer Like American Football And Basketball - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Should There Be Timeouts In Soccer Like American Football And Basketball (223 Views)

Qatar 2022: FIFA Wrote 32 Teams To Focus On Football And Not Ideology / Lack Of Desperation Is Our Bane In Soccer / Rapper Diddy Wants To Buy An American Football Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should There Be Timeouts In Soccer Like American Football And Basketball by axponline: 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2021
This will give the coach an opportunity to regroup during the match and pass out new instructions. I think 1 3min timeout per half will suffice.
Re: Should There Be Timeouts In Soccer Like American Football And Basketball by samwash(m): 4:09pm On Apr 19, 2021
The HT is enough time for coaches to dish out instructions to his players, & the duration in 15 mins that a enough time. And also, the coach do stand at touchline to also at times communicate to players.
Also depends on the weather, extreme hot weather, the game is been stopped for like 2mins for water brake.
All these time are enough I guess., remember football game has a longer time duration, stoppage at each time will kill & also slow the fun of the game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should There Be Timeouts In Soccer Like American Football And Basketball by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
axponline:
This will give the coach an opportunity to regroup during the match and pass out new instructions. I think 1 3min timeout per half will suffice.

And my own question is:

What are you people trying to turn my good, old football into

It is not enough that they have introduced robotics in the form of VAR into football, now you want to turn it into a start-stop stop-start business.

Alright, let's leave it the way it is. 90' and 1HT of 15'. Football is a game for the strong. If you ain't strong or brawny, then you might want to pick up basketball or any one of those Yankee sports.
Re: Should There Be Timeouts In Soccer Like American Football And Basketball by Nostradamus: 12:59pm On Apr 20, 2021
mansakhalifa:

And my own question is:

What are you people trying to turn my good, old football into

It is not enough that they have introduced robotics in the form of VAR into football, now you want to turn it into a start-stop stop-start business.

Alright, let's leave it the way it is. 90' and 1HT of 15'. Football is a game for the strong. If you ain't strong or brawny, then you might want to pick up basketball or any one of those Yankee sports.

you can't cope with basketball and those Yankee sports without been strong and brawny.

football/soccer is better for those without hard muscles.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Central Bank’s Crypto Ban Disrupted The Market - Lamido Yuguda / Pickasblog /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.