Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 (3902 Views)

The Best Breeds For mini poultry for personal Consumption. Suggestions needed pl / Kebbi State Earned N150bn From Rice Sales In 2017 – GOV / Quelea Quelea Bird Attack On My Ofada Rice Farm In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by Maol(m): 1:14am On Jun 27, 2018
The International Fertilizer Development Centre has predicted an exponential increase in fertilizer consumption by Nigerian farmers as a result of the remarkable improvements in the local blending of the input under the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative of the Federal Government.

According to a report recently released by the IFDC in collaboration with the Food and Agricultural Organisation and other international agencies, fertilizer uptake by Nigerian farmers increased by 63 per cent in 2017, rising from 959,364 metric tonnes in 2016 to 1,564,816 metric tonnes.

In contrast, Ghana recorded 82 per cent increase in fertilizer consumption, although unlike Nigeria that has totally eliminated subsidy from the system, Ghana’s increased consumption was driven by a spike in government subsidy programmes, the report stated.

The report, which also noted the increase in the exportation of Urea by Nigeria, stated that exports in the area increased from 329,630 metric tonnes in 2016 to 659,603mt in 2017, with over 50 per cent of the product going to Brazil.

It also highlighted some of the achievements being recorded in agriculture through the PFI and hinged the fertilizer growth enablers on the revival of blending plants with the active support of the Central Bank of Nigeria and other agencies of the government.

It also quoted a member of the Fertilizer Producers and Suppliers Association of Nigeria, Mr Gideon Negedu, as saying the industry in the country was targeting to produce more than one million metric tonnes of blended NPK fertilizer this year, adding that with increase in crop yield in mind, players had agreed to the introduction of more critical micro nutrients in fertilizer blending for the 2018 PFI programme.

The PFI is a programme of the Federal Government designed to ensure an increase in the local manufacturing of fertilizer through the revival of moribund blending plants and possible establishment of new ones.

Since the government began its implementation in 2017 in partnership with the Fertilizer Producers and Suppliers Association of Nigeria, fertilizer blends have become available all year round, with the price at N5,500, down from N11,000 and above in previous years.

http://www.sanwomi.com/2018/06/nigerias-fertilizer-consumption-rose-by.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by Ndubuisi1075: 5:33am On Jun 27, 2018
That's good.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by Chidimercy: 5:34am On Jun 27, 2018
nothing works in this country

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by jimi4us: 5:35am On Jun 27, 2018
I don't know where the 9m farmers' Liar Mohammed said they created last year to this year, cos Tomato is now very very very costly. N100 tomatoes are now sold for N500 in ABUJA of all places.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by Flexherbal(m): 5:36am On Jun 27, 2018
In contrast, Ghana recorded 82 per cent increase in fertilizer consumption, although unlike Nigeria that has totally eliminated subsidy from the system, Ghana’s increased consumption was driven by a spike in government subsidy programmes, the report stated.
Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by seguno2: 5:39am On Jun 27, 2018
Ndubuisi1075:
That's good.

If it did not reflect on increased harvest and reduced price of food items, how is it good?
Ayam not understanding.
The report is a confirmation of the returned corruption in the fertiliser sector that Akinwunmi Adesina and Jonathan fought and fixed.
If you know you know.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019, InshaAllah!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by seguno2: 5:40am On Jun 27, 2018
Chidimercy:
nothing works in this country

Except stealing and corruption by Buhari, Tinubu and APC people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by Damidave1124(m): 5:43am On Jun 27, 2018
More people are consedering Agriculture as an option because of the way things are going...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by contigiency(m): 5:44am On Jun 27, 2018
The government of Buhari is doing well more than previous governments in deepning policies that will make the economy sustainable and self driven in a no distant time.
The only thing that is making the government unpopular is this killings which seems to have defied every approach aimed at arresting the situation.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by Gideon16(m): 5:48am On Jun 27, 2018
The fulani cattle are the ones consuming the fertiliser indirectly. You plant and fertilise it the fulani cattle eat them. You resist, they kill you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by omoadeleye(m): 5:51am On Jun 27, 2018
Abi our youths are now consuming fertilizer also?

Today is my birthday and I need love that i also exist.
Thank God for this forum, lonely guys like us can still find overwhelming love from different people...

Wish me by signing your likes.

God bless and one love

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 27, 2018
Who are the farmers using fertilisers,the ones now in IDP camps,or it Rose due to hoarding

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by contigiency(m): 6:02am On Jun 27, 2018
seguno2:

If it did not reflect on increased harvest and reduced price of food items, how is it good?
Ayam not understanding.
The report is a confirmation of the retuned corruption in the fertiliser sector that Akinwunmi Adesina and Jonathan fought and fixed.
If you know you know.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019, InshaAllah!

You are not in Nigeria. Adesina and your Jonathan never fixed any fertilizer. It's safe not to speak what you don't know, and worse to agree on your assumptions without a verifiable evidence. Please Google the cost of fertilisers, the state of their production and supplies to farmers before this government came in, so you have a better information.
And for prices of food items, please the truth is safer to say than lies. I am sure that prices of food items have been on downward trend since 2016. Yes, they went very high earlier as a result of recession and all that. The reason we truthfully know. But to say that no improvement is being recorded in this regard, is simply not a fact.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by mfm04622: 6:03am On Jun 27, 2018
seguno2:

Ayam not understanding.
The report is a confirmation of the returned corruption in the fertiliser sector that Akinwunmi Adesina and Jonathan fought and fixed.
If you know you know.

It did result in increase food productions. Food prices was down after 2017 harvest compared to 2016. Example is corn. A ton of corn was as high as 200k in 2016 which made many people farm corn that resulted in low prices

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 27, 2018
contigiency:

You are not in Nigeria. Adesina and your Jonathan never fixed any fertilizer. It's safe not to speak what you don't know, and worse to agree on your assumptions without a verifiable evidence. Please Google the cost of fertilisers, the state of their production and supplies to farmers before this government came in, so you have a better information.
And for prices of food items, please the truth is safer to say than lies. I am sure that prices of food items have been on downward trend since 2016. Yes, they went very high earlier as a result of recession and all that. The reason we truthfully know. But to say that no improvement is being recorded in this regard, is simply not a fact.
I use to buy a 1litre can of herbicide for #1000 now #1400.i think you need to speak to farmer not fake stories at Google

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by PVision2020(m): 6:41am On Jun 27, 2018
The Headlines should rather be "Boko Haram/Fulani herdsmen Fertilizer IED production increased by 63%.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by israelmao(m): 6:43am On Jun 27, 2018
I remember working with this organization on particular survey some years back.
Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by lawrence35(m): 6:45am On Jun 27, 2018
We r planting.... We r planting
Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by OmerianConsult: 6:46am On Jun 27, 2018
Let's see how this translates to food production.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by miraclea: 6:47am On Jun 27, 2018
Great the spirit of the dead farmer's demanding and consumating so much fertilizer in the ghost world

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by Godwin888: 6:48am On Jun 27, 2018
[quote author=contigiency post=68859409]

And for prices of food items, please the truth is safer to say than lies. I am sure that prices of food items have been on downward trend since 2016. Yes, they went very high earlier as a result of recession and all that. The reason we truthfully know. But to say that no improvement is being recorded in this regard, is simply not a fact. [Are you not also aware of the fact that fuel subsidy payment have also increased.]
Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 27, 2018
angry... Produce More Fertilizer to grow More Cucumbers !!! Our Ladies Need them in Service angry angry angry

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:51am On Jun 27, 2018
Ndubuisi1075:
That's good.

What is good there? On which farm was it spread, the one that has been taken over by cows or twas used to make ieds

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by ojmaroni247(m): 6:54am On Jun 27, 2018
So
Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by MONITZ: 6:54am On Jun 27, 2018
APC's Game OF Lies, season 1. Watch out for more heartbreaking and soul wrenching lies that would make even the devil to cringe in utter disbelief.carry go APC nothing do una as una think say na all Nigerians be zombie....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:55am On Jun 27, 2018
contigiency:

You are not well but nobody has told you so. Ogbe won't like to read this nonsense that contradicts his own opinion of Adesina input into the fertiliser system.

You desire severe beating

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by StevieAbraks111(m): 6:56am On Jun 27, 2018
I bought a bag of fertiliser for close to #6000 in this country, I don't understand how and why this people lie, and they are saying we should go back to farm so that their cattles will come and feed on our crops right? I don't need a PVC I need a Visa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by lobell: 6:56am On Jun 27, 2018
This is a joke, right?

The farming belt has been in chaos since this government, if you can call it that, came in to power. Pray, tell, who was using the fertilizer?

I think it is safe to say the fertilizer cabal has returned, with a vengeance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Fertilizer Consumption Rose By 63% In 2017 by lobell: 7:01am On Jun 27, 2018
contigiency:

Can I get some of whatever it is you are smoking? I have a lot of pain I will like to forget.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Financing For Agriculture In Abuja? / Practical Step-by-step Guide To Yam Sack Farming - Yam Bag Farming / My Maize Farm (small Scale)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.