Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Coconut Water - MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coconut Water - MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE (3406 Views)

Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) / Can Washing Head With Coconut Water Wash Away Your Brain? Let's Discuss / Soak Alligator Pepper And Bitter Kola In Coconut Water For This Body Body... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coconut Water - MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE by Chinoy: 7:46am On Jun 27, 2018
Coconut water, the clear liquid inside coconut is a good source of several nutrients. Its health benefits are numerous which I am very familiar with. In my younger days, I know it is beneficial to drink coconut water after exercise or if you are suffering from dehydration, it helps in prevention of kidney stones, fights diabetes and restores good heart health. Among these benefits, there is one very important use of coconut am about to share with my avid readers. I did not get the story from anybody. It happened to me.

I met this young lady (names withheld) who later became my friend for life, the first time I went for a job interview. We got talking while waiting for the employer of the organisation for the job we applied for.. He took a very long time and some applicants waiting with us got tired and left. I waited with my friend and few others. I never knew our being kept in the Waiting Room was part of the interview. It is always good to hold on, patience is a virtue. That is a story for another day.

I was finally interviewed and to the greater glory of God, I got the job. Few years into the job, my dear friend got married. I visited her and the new baby and I met her Mum of blessed memory. We chatted and one thing led to another. I noticed her new born baby was calm and hardly cried all through the day I was there.My friend's mother said she does not cry at all except when she is hungry because she used natural remedy on her. Curiosity will not kill me as I asked what she meant by natural remedy.

Most babies from two weeks to three months after birth tend to be restless and cry a lot. Mothers will attest to this. The doctors said that is when their intestines are gradually opening up as they take in more breast milk or formular. The old woman advised me that the first thing to give my new born baby is a tea spoon of coconut water before introducing breast milk or formular. She said I should allow it for good thirty minutes no matter how my new born babies cries. I guarded that piece of advise jealously and kept it in my heart . Four years later, I got married and put to bed a bouncing baby boy. Funny enough, the nurses in government owned hospital I used have already stressed on the need for baby friendly (breast milk all through without water/formular) for the next six months. I agreed to that. I was not being discharged soon enough and my little handsome boy almost tore my blouse open with his mouth (wondered how he knew where the milk comes out from so early) but I refused to breast feed him. I told my husband to go home and break one of the local coconut I bought and bring me the coconut water. He already knew my plans and supported me all the way. When he came to the hospital, it was a serious tug of war to give it to my son because the nurses were watching the newly borns like hawk. I managed in a no small way, though hiding to scoop a tea spoon of coconut water from the cup and quickly gave my baby. He savoured it and kept quiet for like ten seconds and started whimpering and searching for breast milk again. I totally ignored him. The nurses were on my neck. "Madam, what are you doing, carrying the baby for nothing. Bring out your breast, even if there is no milk yet, put it in his mouth. He will suck and before you know it, the milk will start flowing. I did not burg. I was bent on watching the time and waiting for thirty minutes to elapse. To cut the long story short, it worked on my first son. I started broadcasting the coconut water good news. My brother in law of blessed memory told me that I will not know how effective the coconut water is on new born babies till I tried it on other kids.

When I had my next babies, I tried the same method and bingo, it all worked. I was impressed and today my close friends /neighbours that tried the method all agreed on the efficacy of coconut water on new born babies and their tummy. Sometimes, I could not help but wonder where these old people got their knowledge. Well, I believe they have been using some natural methods before orthodox drugs came into existence.

My people, if you want to enjoy sound sleep in the night whenever you put to bed, try the coconut water on your baby. I bet you will not regret it. Do not forget that is the first thing to give your baby before introducing any other liquid or formular for at least thirty minutes. Avior
http://everydaycountsgist..com/2018/06/coconut-water-my-personal.html?m=1
Re: Coconut Water - MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE by TPound(m): 7:49am On Jun 27, 2018
I guess I have to guard this info too till when my wife puts go bed

2 Likes

Re: Coconut Water - MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE by izzou(m): 8:04am On Jun 27, 2018

Are you freaking serious?

I can't really stand crying babies

Re: Coconut Water - MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE by mamatwiny(f): 8:34am On Jun 27, 2018
It works.
My mum used this for all her grand kids except the first grand kid cos she didn't know the secret then.

In addition to giving it to the baby, the new mother should also take it. It does the same thing to both new mother and baby.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify Fake Lonart Malaria Drug In Nigeria / Treatment For Stretch Marks / Coronavirus: Mass Arrest In China, Detainees Are Chained And Paraded Like Slaves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.