Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) (3490 Views)

See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! / Help: Throttle Unresponsive, Rough Idle And Brake And Quench Solution (pictures) / Toyota Corolla Sport 2007- Brake And Quench Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by speedfreak(m): 11:26am On Jun 27, 2018
Morning nairalanders, I drive a 97 Honda Accord (bulldog) that recently developed a problem that 5 different mechanics haven't been able to fix, the car drives perfectly but once the fuel drops to the 2nd line to reserve the car stops when you press the brakes, it's starts right back up and drives for a while without stopping then it stops, the lower the fuel, the more times it stops. Replaced fuel pumps, injectors, gearbox etc as per mechanic instructions but all to no avail. Last mechanic said just manage it like that but it's burning a huge hole in my pocket, as a student I use 5k to fill up for the week and top up on weekends when I go out at night total 7k,but with this issue I spend Close to 10k weekly. Pls help or mention someone who can help
Ps. Located in Jos, plateau state
Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by SmartToyota(m): 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by speedfreak(m): 7:50pm On Jun 27, 2018
Thank you sir, I'll try to get an electrician to look at it tomorrow.if that doesn't work I'll just change the engine as my mechanic advised
Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by skyscrapper: 11:01pm On Jun 27, 2018
Have u tried generating the fault code using a vehicle scanner?

Scanning gives a clearer picture of what to do not guessing as some mechanic tends to operate.

Get ur vehicle scanned by an experienced technician,who knows how to interprete and work on fault codes.
Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by Nobody: 1:26am On Jun 28, 2018
speedfreak:
Morning nairalanders, I drive a 97 Honda Accord (bulldog) that recently developed a problem that 5 different mechanics haven't been able to fix, the car drives perfectly but once the fuel drops to the 2nd line to reserve the car stops when you press the brakes, it's starts right back up and drives for a while without stopping then it stops, the lower the fuel, the more times it stops. Replaced fuel pumps, injectors, gearbox etc as per mechanic instructions but all to no avail. Last mechanic said just manage it like that but it's burning a huge hole in my pocket, as a student I use 5k to fill up for the week and top up on weekends when I go out at night total 7k,but with this issue I spend Close to 10k weekly. Pls help or mention someone who can help
Ps. Located in Jos, plateau state
why don't you sell it and add money to buy accond since u like honda products.
Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by diportivo: 7:06am On Jun 28, 2018
dancok:

why don't u buy it from him so he can add money to the money u pay him and then buy the "accond" since he like honda products grin

you will now open ur own thread to ask for help over sorting out the "brake and quench" thingie

2 Likes

Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by thebigkendo(m): 8:36am On Jun 28, 2018
dancok:

Sell to who? Will you buy
Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by speedfreak(m): 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2018
skyscrapper:
Have u tried generating the fault code using a vehicle scanner?

Scanning gives a clearer picture of what to do not guessing as some mechanic tends to operate.

Get ur vehicle scanned by an experienced technician,who knows how to interprete and work on fault codes.
thanks sir, but I haven't found a competent mechanic with a scanner here in Jos, with the unrest I can't risk going to the one I use regularly.
Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by speedfreak(m): 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2018
dancok:
Good day sir, it's was a hand me down from my mum, driving it because I can't afford to buy another one just yet... Had a corolla s stolen just last year so till I can afford another car am stuck with this one... Thanks tho
Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by captainking(m): 9:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
diportivo:

why don't u buy it from him so he can add money to the money u pay him and then buy the "accond" since he like honda products grin

you will now open ur own thread to ask for help over sorting out the "brake and quench" thingipe
hahahahahha..dancock is back with an accond story.
Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by captainking(m): 9:26pm On Jun 28, 2018
speedfreak:
thanks sir, but I haven't found a competent mechanic with a scanner here in Jos, with the unrest I can't risk going to the one I use regularly.
oga..go online and buy those portable scanners.. It's on Jumia and konga...note..dont change that engine till you do proper diagnosis..

1 Like

Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 29, 2018
diportivo:

you will now open ur own thread to ask for help over sorting out the "brake and quench" thingie
my car is not prone to brake and quench, moreover am enjoying it so far, taking me to jupiter to and fro. Demeanors like u, huhuuu. tongue
diportivo:

my car is not prone to brake and quench, moreover am enjoying it so far, taking me to jupiter to and fro. Demeanors like u, huhuuu.
Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by Ehybrid: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2018
captainking:
oga..go online and buy those portable scanners.. It's on Jumia and konga...note..dont change that engine till you do proper diagnosis..

Good advice
Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by captainking(m): 6:54pm On Jun 29, 2018
Ehybrid:

Good advice
thanks bro.. It pains me how mecho make people change engine and gear for Minor fix
Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
dancok:

manosky how u dey?
Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by TRYGO(m): 9:13am On Jun 30, 2018
Me think, your problem is something that has to do with engine load here, vis-à-vis electrical.

You have changed all mechanical and some bit of electrical stuffs, and same results.

For that car, try replacing the camshaft sensor, if it has one on the cylinder head. Oooops, I forgot. Your car has an ignition system with plug wires. That means the camshaft sensor is in the distributor system. The sensor is part of that component. So, replacing it means, replacing the entire distributor. Doesn't cost much though.

Secondly, you might be having something to do with some of the wiring harnesses related to the ignition system, or the fuel system.

For the ignition system, try check the wires routing from the ECU to the crankshaft/camshaft sensors. Some of the wires in between the crankshaft pulley, may be lying on the engine block-hot surface. That would chamfer the signal wire there.

On the fuel side, check the fuel pump relay at the hood. A failing fuel pump relay, especially on Honda brands, can be frustrating.

***check all the wiring harnesses related to the fuel and ignition system.

When you have an intermittent short circuits like what you're experiencing in my view, it takes time to diagnosed.

Terribly sorry for the theft of your car dude! Better one's on its way for ya!

And finally! I hope you can decipher this one!?

"I dan Yesu yana sama, kar ka ji soro"!

JAH bless, and JAH guide man.

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/WhatsApp)

2 Likes

Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by erico2k2(m): 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2018
diportivo:

savage grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by speedfreak(m): 9:39am On Jul 01, 2018
TRYGO:
Me think, your problem is something that has to do with engine load here, vis-à-vis electrical.

You have changed all mechanical and some bit of electrical stuffs, and same results.

For that car, try replacing the camshaft sensor, if it has one on the cylinder head. Oooops, I forgot. Your car has an ignition system with plug wires. That means the camshaft sensor is in the distributor system. The sensor is part of that component. So, replacing it means, replacing the entire distributor. Doesn't cost much though.

Secondly, you might be having something to do with some of the wiring harnesses related to the ignition system, or the fuel system.

For the ignition system, try check the wires routing from the ECU to the crankshaft/camshaft sensors. Some of the wires in between the crankshaft pulley, may be lying on the engine block-hot surface. That would chamfer the signal wire there.

On the fuel side, check the fuel pump relay at the hood. A failing fuel pump relay, especially on Honda brands, can be frustrating.

***check all the wiring harnesses related to the fuel and ignition system.

When you have an intermittent short circuits like what you're experiencing in my view, it takes time to diagnosed.

Terribly sorry for the theft of your car dude! Better one's on its way for ya!

And finally! I hope you can decipher this one!?

"I dan Yesu yana sama, kar ka ji soro"!

JAH bless, and JAH guide man.

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/WhatsApp)
God bless you brother,I'll be at the mechanic first thing tomorrow with these. Can't really understand hausa despite being born n bred in Jos. I'll send a dm. Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 02, 2018
Sounds like the fuel level sensor is gone. also check the fuel pressure regulator if its still working well. also the fuel filter may be very dirty and when you get below a certain level of fuel more debris from the fuel tank is circulated into it. so check those 3.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Heard Of Riced Cars? I Just Saw This Riced Out Toyota Corolla / 2011 Toyota Camry XLE 4cylinder Or V6? / What Is The Problem With My CHECK ENGINE LIGHT??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.