Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians (26213 Views)

Airtel Is Frustrating Nigerians With NIN Linkage. / 5G: Deployment Won't Affect Nigerians Health - NCC Assures NASS / How Trump’s Huawei Ban May Affect Apple And Other American Tech Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by onatisi(m): 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
TechCapon:
Funny, I just think he's being paranoid.
trump is very very correct about this action . the problem many people have and even in usa is that they dont know that trump is just doing what past usa presidents knew was right but were afraid to take any bold action on it.
china always demand that any company wishing to set up any technological firm in china to give up all their trade secrets and products secrets , this allowed other Chinese companies to quickly access them and make similar products . these actions have cost us companies billions of dollars over the years

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/trump-wants-tougher-tariffs-on-china-over-stealing-of-trade-secrets/

"Beijing often requires foreign companies to surrender trade secrets in return for the right to operate in China, where rampant piracy of products including clothes and computer software has long bedeviled multinational corporations."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Donmorph1991(m): 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2018
Goahead:
Exaggerated analysis;

What you read in the media is not the reality on ground, both the US and China will greatly loose if they heads towards trade war - it's just like a nuclear war!

Half-baked blogger, Trump is not only targeting Chinese goods but a wide range of allies in the EU and even their half brother, Canada.

for all this you have nothing to add, just to abuse your fellow human being that sit down and share an opinion, you need to wake up
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by starmehigh: 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2018
Op what are you saying .. you think that Chinese manufacturers will not develop another mobile OS together and replace Facebook and Google with another alternative, Google is even useless in China, WhatsApp too.. US can't beat China

1 Like

Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by fxbot: 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2018
SarkinYarki:
A good president will always put the great interest of his country first!!!!!!
True... But what I think Trump is trying to do here is to get a better bargain... and he will get it!
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by fxbot: 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2018
starmehigh:
Op what are you saying .. you think that Chinese manufacturers will not develop another mobile OS together and replace Facebook and Google with another alternative, Google is even useless in China, WhatsApp too.. US can't beat China
You said IN CHINA... is china the world? your clearly suggested that their influence is restricted to their country lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by thunderbabs: 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2018
Trump is an irrationally erratic individual the United States have to bear while his presidency lasts.
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2018
Please critics should argue with fact instead of rainy abuse.An opinion might not go well with you but it doesn't mean you should insult the writer. The poster of this article raised some valid points based on what is on ground so it is left for critics to argue with their own fact to disprove what op wrote. It becomes interesting when those for or against are arguing instead of fighting.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by SarkinYarki: 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2018
fxbot:
True... But what I think Trump is trying to do here is to get a better bargain... and he will get it!

Ofcourse he will
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Chiderad(m): 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2018
Maybe, just maybe, there'll be less distractions and focus and productivity will skyrocket in the work place and individually.
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2018
starmehigh:
How? Explain why you think so with fact

1 Like

Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2018
onatisi:

trump is very very correct about this action . the problem many people have and even in usa is that they dont know that trump is just doing what past usa presidents knew was right but were afraid to take any bold action on it.
china always demand that any company wishing to set up any technological firm in china to give up all their trade secrets and products secrets , this allowed other Chinese companies to quickly access them and make similar products . these actions have cost us companies billions of dollars over the years

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/trump-wants-tougher-tariffs-on-china-over-stealing-of-trade-secrets/

"Beijing often requires foreign companies to surrender trade secrets in return for the right to operate in China, where rampant piracy of products including clothes and computer software has long bedeviled multinational corporations."
This is someone arguing with fact not quarrel

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Sanmij: 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2018
Joemetry:

I saw your post on the Xiaomi thread, have you finally gotten a head way from the post office on how to get your package?
the post office are still holding my package for no reason, it's really frustrating. The nipost website said the package was delivered very early yesterday, just for them to change it today that delivery attempt failed. Honestly I don't know what's going on anymore and I don't know what to do
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by KratosCorp: 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2018
Go and check the trade deficit between the US and China,.then come back and review your assertions. China (and other countries - especially Europe) have been taking advantage of American leniency for decades. But Trump is saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Deal with the US fairly of get the bleep off the table.

TechCapon:
Funny, I just think he's being paranoid.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by onatisi(m): 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2018
fxbot:
america is china biggest market , and that is something trump has realized and he is using . every company wants a piece of the american market and trump is saying America has been too generous in the past and that other companies and countries have not reciprocated that back.
he has vowed to slam more serious tax tarrifs on china is china even dares to retaliate with any tax tariff too . and not only is he tackling chinese companies , he is also tacking european markets too . if he wins the trade war then it will be a very good foundation for the future of america

“If we compare the price action between Chinese equities and U.S. equities (particularly the Russell 2000), it’s pretty clear that the market is discounting the U.S. as a relative winner in the outcome,” writes Jeffrey deGraff, Renaissance Macro Research’s co-founder. “That’s not to say trade wars are bullish, but the S&P 500 has absorbed the threat and even body blows substantially better than China.”

Late Monday, U.S. President Donald Trump ordered the preparation of tariffs on an additional $200 billion in Chinese imports. Beijing vowed to retaliate if the U.S. moves ahead; Trump said that would be met with another round of tariffs on $200 billion in goods.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-20/investors-agree-with-trump-the-u-s-will-win-any-trade-war
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by drakeli: 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
Americans will lose more.

About Android, it won't take a month to create a better one than Android, if Chinese are really serious about it..

Let Trump keep acting like a big baby.. America will eventually just like the rest of big civilization. They can stay number 1 forever.
Of course China has already an alternative to android. But their alternative like you said has failed to match up. Hence their dependence on android. Trust me, you don’t wanna use China OS. China OS that you may not be able to use with any non China apps. Do you? If their is is so good in the world market, I guess they would have promoted it.
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by EazyMoh(m): 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2018
Drabeey:

if ZTE had been buying from US from usa for a while before now, im sure they would have gotten another way of building thesame spec(made in USA)!

I don't trust those CHINKO guys!

Drabeey was HERE!

3 things aren't easy to manufacture, a processor, a jet engine and an excellent OS.
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by EvilMetahuman: 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2018
drakeli:
Of course China has already an alternative to android. But their alternative like you said has failed to match up. Hence their dependence on android. Trust me, you don’t wanna use China OS. China OS that you may not be able to use with any non China apps. Do you? If their is is so good in the world market, I guess they would have promoted it.
you are not getting it..

Chinese make more money selling Android than USA themselves.
People are buying Android phones because Chinese phone makers made the device cheap. Especially people from poor countries.

Americans don't make cheap products like Chinese. If USA bans Android today and they keep churning out expensive devices like apple etc, people from poor countries like Nigeria won't have a choice than to look for alternative.

The alternative => to whatever China or any other country comes up with and can compete with Android like iOS. But also open sourced.
It doesn't have to be archaic China os.
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Yoshy: 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2018
Sanmij:
And I just ordered for xiaomi phone

From Gearbest?
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Joemetry(m): 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2018
Sanmij:
the post office are still holding my package for no reason, it's really frustrating. The nipost website said the package was delivered very early yesterday, just for them to change it today that delivery attempt failed. Honestly I don't know what's going on anymore and I don't know what to do

Thanks only way we are being taken serious by all this office holders is when we do the unusual.

If you have all the evidence and they're just not okay with it, pull up a show, raise an alarm until those heads come asking what's the matter.

NIGERIA IS SQUEEZED.

Thought we have experts of importation here on Nairaland that deliver your order under 7 days, why didn't you use them?
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Sanmij: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2018
Yoshy:

From Gearbest?
aliexpress
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Sanmij: 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2018
Joemetry:

Thanks only way we are being taken serious by all this office holders is when we do the unusual.

If you have all the evidence and they're just not okay with it, pull up a show, raise an alarm until those heads come asking what's the matter.

NIGERIA IS SQUEEZED.

Thought we have experts of importation here on Nairaland that deliver your order under 7 days, why didn't you use them?
2 of them said 3 weeks, and since I have aliexpress account and a reputable phone store on aliexpress, I decide to do it myself and the package arrived Lagos last week and get to ekiti dis week Monday morning.
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Pamj: 5:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
The Chinese Nigerian currency swap places us in swift position to exploit the possible position of being Africas largest tech hub, the price of oil will rise and stay do for the next one year at least, this places us in vantage position over the Chinese, trump today has initiated plans to impose a total ban on Iranian oil by November, as.today the price of oil has risen and will continue to rise, since trump is determined to serve his political base no matter how unpopular his policies maybe I see it as win win situation for Nigeria, the world untapped market is Nigeria
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Tabbaz(m): 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2018
And if trumph push harder, this will mark the beginning of the end to America hegemony
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2018
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2018
Nonsense talk.
They should ban Chinese trade and America will lose ultimately.
Who go buy qualcom chips?
China will just developed their own chip nah... Mediatek will come to the rescue.
Apple will lose a huge market share that all Chinese phones combined don't even have... In fact Chinese phones will dominate Africa with an ANDROID LOOK ALIKE OS.
I never even mention aba boys that will developed a new OS for Africa.
Forget it mehn...
America go lose

Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by spiritedtete: 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2018
America will the greatest loser here..

Because China is more open to other Countries and with there unbelievable fast growing innovation in technology... developing an OS or Engine like Google will be a piece of cake.
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by leesamyoung(m): 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2018
Sanmij:
And I just ordered for xiaomi phone
don't mind op, he want to discourage me from buying techno x no way, can't afford iPhone
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Abdulnur(m): 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2018
Noel1:

Na Trump Get Google?

Nope, Google is American firm, Trump owns America.
Zuck's Facebook indirectly worked in favour of Trump. When busted, Zuck lost $5B in a week...remember he was on Trump's side(indirectly).

Guess what'll happen to google if they work against DJ Trump?
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Sanmij: 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2018
leesamyoung:

don't mind op, he want to discourage me from buying techno x no way, can't afford iPhone
lol
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Abdulnur(m): 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2018
theapeman4:
rubbish write up! undecided

Use your brain to think! There is no way it will affect Africa as a whole but rather an opportunity to crash the price of these Chinese phone coming to Africa, because China will switch her trade zone to Africa undecided

Use your Brain for once in a while!

Mind ya google is also a product and it plays no vital rule in this!

Why is common sense not so common any longer undecided

Google a business huh?

When registering a business in Nigeria, you are bounded by rules laid by the ministry of commerce right.
If a shit hole can do this, tell me what the US will demand before registering your business?

Just hope the Trump dude don't go ahead with his up side down thought.
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Abdulnur(m): 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2018
Mayour11:
So far google doesn't withdraw support for Made in Nigeria phones, then we're good to go
Wiko is there

Do we produce high end android smartphones?
Re: Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2018
theapeman4:
rubbish write up! undecided

Use your brain to think! There is no way it will affect Africa as a whole but rather an opportunity to crash the price of these Chinese phone coming to Africa, because China will switch her trade zone to Africa undecided

Use your Brain for once in a while!

Mind ya google is also a product and it plays no vital rule in this!

Why is common sense not so common any longer undecided
Smh go and think again. What will happen wen google becoming inaccessible on Chinese phones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infinix S3X Unveiling: Specifications And Images / A Thread For All Issues Related To UNILORIN (JKK) Tab / Why You Should Always Switch Off Your Phone Before Removing the battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.