Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea (25493 Views)

Real Madrid Player Gareth Bale Could Move To Manchester United For €150 / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Wife Reveals How They Met & Started Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by iszyboy(m): 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2018
Nwanna2588:

Though I don't support pulling out of a contract because "agreement is agreement, " he did not lose in that move.
He won everything in Chelsea and also added additional trophy (Europa cup), which he wouldn't have won in Manchester United, within the period.
Playing till now shows that Chelsea did not kill his career as you and many others have posited here.
from 2006 to 2016, Man u won more trophies than Chelsea. Besides, chelsea didnt win world club cup and uefa super cup during mike's era. Believe it not, he would have flourished in man u than chelsea.
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by Dansnow: 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2018
coluka:

Abeg shut the fvck up!!! Who the fvck are u? If you see Mikel face to face can u open your stinking mouth and call him a failure? Someone who won everything in club football and also won the nations cup, rose to become captain of the super eagles for years and you're calling him a failure? Why are you comparing him to only Messi and aguero? Why not compare him to other people who also starred at junior level but never achieved what Mikel did? Robinho, Freddy adu, borjan kirkic, dos Santos, souleyman coulibaly, florent sinama pongolle, Wilson oruma, xisco e.t.c are all players who lit up the u17 and u20 world cups and won best players of the tournament, how many of them achieved what Mikel did? Mikel is one of the most successful players out there so just take your stupidity and shove it where the sun don't shine!!!
Dude now u sound like a typical Chelsea fan who is an agbero or maybe a spare parts dude but you don't really own a shop you just sell for someone and gets daily pay. I may just be wrong. Just maybe
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by ikorodureporta: 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2018
He jst refused to say 'the fear of racism'
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by coluka: 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2018
KingKingKing:

And u are a bigger idiot than i thought.. justifying failure with failure, can't u see how dumb u are. cuz some persons failed then you assume Mikel is a success...

Dude Mikel is a bigger failure... his career is finished I'm pretty sure he is disappointed in himself going by his initial trajectory at success in football
Bloody nincompoop!! If you're not an immature overgrown baby who knows nothing about life, you will know that in life everybody can't reach the same heights and achievements, no matter how successful you are, there will be people above u and others below. Will u call BUA, Ibeto, otedola, Uzor Kalu, MKO Abiola e.t.c failures in business because they didn't make as much money as dangote? Yet even dangote himself will look up and see the likes of bill gates above him. Will you call ken saro wiwa, elechi Amadi, flora nwapa e.t.c failed writers because they didn't achieve the heights of a wole Soyinka or chinua Achebe? Will u call Donald duke, Tinubu, Peter obi e.t.c who were governors at the same time with GEJ unsuccessful politicians just because GEJ went ahead to become president and they didn't? You're just an immature kid who has a lot to learn about life

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by coluka: 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2018
Dansnow:

Dude now u sound like a typical Chelsea fan who is an agbero or maybe a spare parts dude but you don't really own a shop you just sell for someone and gets daily pay. I may just be wrong. Just maybe
You're not just wrong, you're also a total jackass!!!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by Ceazario: 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2018
coluka:

There were actually three other members of Nigeria's u- 17 team signed by Chelsea then, the others were Emmanuel sarki, chinedu ogbuke and Ezekiel bala, they all had the same agent John shittu. Google is ur friend
So what you are saying is that those players who were signed up then could not afford accommodation in the county or district where they were signed. I laugh.
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by adedejihollas(m): 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2018
Mikel,i love u the more.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by KingKingKing: 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2018
coluka:

Bloody nincompoop!! If you're not an immature overgrown baby who knows nothing about life, you will know that in life everybody can't reach the same heights and achievements, no matter how successful you are, there will be people above u and others below. Will u call BUA, Ibeto, otedola, Uzor Kalu, MKO Abiola e.t.c failures in business because they didn't make as much money as dangote? Yet even dangote himself will look up and see the likes of bill gates above him. Will you call ken saro wiwa, elechi Amadi, flora nwapa e.t.c failed writers because they didn't achieve the heights of a wole Soyinka or chinua Achebe? Will u call Donald duke, Tinubu, Peter obi e.t.c who were governors at the same time with GEJ unsuccessful politicians just because GEJ went ahead to become president and they didn't? You're just an immature kid who has a lot to learn about life

boy when football greats are called today , would you dare call Mikel?

Your guess is as good as mine..

that sums it all..

mikel is a failed footballer..
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by jogojogo: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2018
KingKingKing:
And that was the biggest mistake of your life.. Chelsea killed your career and made sure they buried it..

Had you gone to Man U, they would have turned you into a Magnificent Superstar, we all dreamt off.

May our Lives not end up badly like Mike's, definitely "money-wise" but in terms of being so irrelevant

Mikel won the Champions league, three premier leaugue, three FA CUP, two carling cup, europa cup....all in chelsea; And how many African Players have made it in Man U?

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by coluka: 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2018
KingKingKing:

boy when football greats are called today , would you dare call Mikel?

Your guess is as good as mine..

that sums it all..

mikel is a failed footballer..

Why not? Mikel is a great footballer in his own right. Were Stephen keshi, sunday oliseh, Uche okechukwu, babayaro, taribo west, peter rufai e.t.c not great footballers? How many of them achieved what Mikel did?

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by coluka: 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ceazario:
So what you are saying is that those players who were signed up then could not afford accommodation in the county or district where they were signed. I laugh.
Mr. Man did u even read the story? They were not yet signed by then, if Mikel agreed to sign, then the others would be signed too but if he refused to sign, then they will all be let go. Mikel had another option to go to united but the others didn't

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by jogojogo: 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2018
iszyboy:
from 2006 to 2016, Man u won more trophies than Chelsea. Besides, chelsea didnt win world club cup and uefa super cup during mike's era. Believe it not, he would have flourished in man u than chelsea.

You re a liar!!!
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by Ceazario: 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2018
coluka:

Mr. Man did u even read the story? They were not yet signed by then, if Mikel agreed to sign, then the others would be signed too but if he refused to sign, then they will all be let go. Mikel had another option to go to united but the others didn't
Okay. Nice one there then. I read it, but I did not understand it this way.
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by Codes151(m): 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
dominique:
I remember the tussle between both huge teams back them.
there was no tussle
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by Dansnow: 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2018
coluka:

You're not just wrong, you're also a total jackass!!!
Yeah maybe I am. Just maybe. See how social media has helped some people. Those that come here to act and say what they are really not. I bet if you say the word "jackass" at home you will get sooooooooo whooped like you were caught spying on your neighbour in your face me I face you public bathroom.
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:05pm On Jun 27, 2018
KingKingKing:
And that was the biggest mistake of your life.. Chelsea killed your career and made sure they buried it..

Had you gone to Man U, they would have turned you into a Magnificent Superstar, we all dreamt off.

May our Lives not end up badly like Mike's, definitely "money-wise" but in terms of being so irrelevant

I'm not sure you know what career means...
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by coluka: 5:05pm On Jun 27, 2018
Dansnow:

Yeah maybe I am. Just maybe. See how social media has helped some people. Those that come here to act and say what they are really not. I bet if you say the word "jackass" at home you will get sooooooooo whooped like you were caught spying at your neighbour in your face me I face you public bathroom.
You're the one who should be grateful for faceless forums like this that has given inconsequential cretins like you the platform to become the obnoxious twerps you are without any fear of the consequences. Stupid buffoon!!
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by Dansnow: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2018
coluka:

You're the one who should be grateful for faceless forums like this that has given inconsequential cretins like you the platform to become the obnoxious twerps you are without any fear of the consequences. Stupid buffoon!!
Ok just send me your account number. So u can get yourself a good brain
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by Dansnow: 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
I guess Mikel regrets the move he made and that is why he is taking his time to explain why he made the move.
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by coluka: 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2018
Dansnow:

Ok just send me your account number. So u can get yourself a good brain
Look at this dumb headed numskull o, Nothing weh I no go hear for nairaland. I'm very Ok in life, I certainly don't need any help from you. Now u can take your knucklehead self and get lost
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by Dansnow: 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2018
coluka:

Look at this dumb headed numskull o, Nothing weh I no go hear for nairaland. I'm very Ok in life, I certainly don't need any help from you. Now u can take your knucklehead self and get lost
K
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by Nwanna2588: 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2018
Chelsea won Europa when Mikel was with them
iszyboy:
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by hensben(m): 6:16pm On Jun 27, 2018
KingKingKing:

Dude is mikel your father, brother or does he fucking know you exist?

Look at Messi, Aguero and tell me Mikel isn't a monumental failure.. remember they all started together.

You don't know me and i don't know you either.. what have i achieved? Really? i could be a celebrity hiding under an anonymous account.. so be mindful of the way you talk to people

I can see you are frustrated in life, send me your account number.

Mikel is a failure!
Before Mikel which Nigerian has won world best or European best? Messi and Aguero are Argentines remember. To Nigeria standard Mikel achieved a lot as a footballer.
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by hensben(m): 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2018
KingKingKing:

And u are a bigger idiot than i thought.. justifying failure with failure, can't u see how dumb u are. cuz some persons failed then you assume Mikel is a success...

Dude Mikel is a bigger failure... his career is finished I'm pretty sure he is disappointed in himself going by his initial trajectory at success in football
You are talking trash. Mikel played ucl final that Chelsea won, played fa cup, calling cup, Europa cup, epl seasons. If he were to go to Man U he would’ve been a sent packing like other African players(djemba djemba, fortune, Miriam diouf).
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by hensben(m): 6:22pm On Jun 27, 2018
iszyboy:
He won’t have considering how SAF treat African players.
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by hensben(m): 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2018
coluka:

Hmm this is deep. That guy is brainless.
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by hensben(m): 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2018
coluka:

That guy is daft. Typical man united fan they always think they know it all.
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by keentola(m): 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2018
damickey:

John Obi Mikel has revealed that he rejected a move to Manchester United and opted for Chelsea because the London club were prepared to sign three more Nigerian players.

Mikel was 18 at the time and playing for Norwegian club Lyn Oslo when he was filmed accepting a Man United shIrt from club representative Jim Ryan with the number 21 in 2005. The Nigerian signed for United but stated his desire to play for Chelsea a month later.

According to Man United manager Carlos Queiroz, Chelsea had kidnapped Mikel while the director of Lyn Oslo said Mikel was pushed into a Chelsea move. Chelsea finally settleD the matter with payments of £12 million to Man United and £4 million to Lyn in 2006. Mikel has finally revealed what happened at the time.

“My Dad wasn’t too pleased about what happened,” Mikel said in a chat with the Players’ Tribune. “He wanted me to go to Manchester United because he loved Alex Ferguson. Back home in Nigeria, a lot of people were saying I should go to United because of how well they work with young players, whereas Chelsea just bought superstars.

I had all these people on both sides fighting over me. Agents, managers, strangers, guys handing me papers. I had Sir Alex Ferguson calling me on the phone on one side. And I had Roman Abramovich on the other side, putting me up in London, hiding me somewhere where only a few people knew where I was. It was really confusing, and I was a kid, you know?

“After a while, someone from FIFA gave me a phone call. They said, ‘Listen, we know you’re young and you have these two clubs fighting over you. We can’t decide for you. You can only go where you want. You have to tell us.’

“I thought about it for a long time. It was the biggest decision of my life. You know what made my mind up? Chelsea had signed three other players from Nigeria along with me. They were staying with me at the house in London to keep me company. These guys … their lives depended on the decision I was making. If I went to United, they were gone. If I went to Chelsea, they were going to have a career. No matter how long it lasted, that was important to me. Just to give them a chance, you know?

“I chose Chelsea, and four lives changed that day.”

SOURCE:-https://savechelsea.net/mikel-obi-why-i-rejected-man-united-for-chelsea/
always a leader since day one. buhari should learn from this guy
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by ACE1010: 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2018
Adaowerri111:
World Cup nkor

grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by ACE1010: 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2018
Metuh:

Which career do you even have to start with?

Nairaland career I guess undecided

O boy see yabbing grin grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by Jointhemiltons2(m): 8:38pm On Jun 27, 2018
KingKingKing:

Yeah a Superstar like Pogba and Zaha right.
Re: Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea by bbey(m): 8:41pm On Jun 27, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Return To Super Eagles – Maduka Okoye / Photos From Joseph Yobo's World Press Conference / Cristiano Ronaldo Dances With His Family (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.