Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,802 members, 7,862,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:03 PM

AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) (10847 Views)

ASUU Strike: No School In Kogi Has Been On Strike In The Last 5 Years / Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video / FUOYE Students Protest ‘no School Fees, No Examination’ Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by MAJORBANKZ(m): 8:18am On Jun 28, 2018
edo witches go just kill the mumu VC troway better reverse that law
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by Metuh: 8:19am On Jun 28, 2018
ehinmowo:

Dt school is poo in many ways. Including blocking of tests.
Stop talking rubbish.

Which school in Nigeria doesn't collect bribes

2 Likes

Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by remi1444: 8:19am On Jun 28, 2018
DrayZee:

Are they supposed to teach for free?
You conclude that the policy shows Nigeria's educational system is in shambles. Doesn't that same policy exist in other countries?
When students will go and use their school fees for betting and lose it all, you expect the University to suffer for it?
Stop defending arbitrariness, let me assume you're a graduate of an institution in Nigeria, during your days, hope you paid over 100k in a period where we had economic downfall like we are in ATM?
Can you reel out names of Institution that imposes policies like this in the country at the moment?
The money that was used to establish the EDO STATE UNIVERSITY if it was used to run the system of AAU, issues of them running out cash wont be prevalent as it at the moment.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by Metuh: 8:20am On Jun 28, 2018
munas:
What are they reacting for?

How will the school be run without school fees?

I dont really get it.

You have to pay your school fees.

In my university days,if you dont pay school fees,you wont get course form,and if you dont have course form to register your courses and get your coourse adviser to sign,then forget it,there will be no results.

Let them pay and write their exams....
What do you even know?

This 2nd semester already, so how were students able to write the first semester exams without paying school fees?

Ask questions before you start misyarning

1 Like

Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by remi1444: 8:21am On Jun 28, 2018
munas:

I dont really get it.

In my university days,if you dont pay school fees,you wont get course form,and if you dont have course form to register your courses and get your coourse adviser to sign,then forget it,there will be no results.

you seem not to understand what the policy is all about, It is made to stop persons who haven't paid their fees to Attend classes. not just exams.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by remi1444: 8:23am On Jun 28, 2018
hotplate:
perfection always washing is dirty nynen outside, trying to make the union seems they are relevant, I hope you also come and tell nairaland how the union or rather the president you talk abt suspended other executive member cos he was accused of money laundering
grin hotplate!!!!

1 Like

Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by Metuh: 8:24am On Jun 28, 2018
DrayZee:

Are they supposed to teach for free?
You conclude that the policy shows Nigeria's educational system is in shambles. Doesn't that same policy exist in other countries?
When students will go and use their school fees for betting and lose it all, you expect the University to suffer for it?
Later when they rank the university <10000 in the world, you'll start complaining that you want to leave the country. You don't know its things like this that cause low performance of the University.
As much as Nigeria has subsidized education, you people still don't want to pay fees.
Nobody is teaching for free.

The school fees was increased by 200% and the agreement was that students will pay in installments I.e pay half in 1st and another half in 2nd semester.

Without paying anything, you can't write exam as most of the examinations are programmed cbt.

The policy have been revoked tho
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by Timileyin1234(m): 8:24am On Jun 28, 2018
This happened in our school when we wanted to write exam. The management frustrates us
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 28, 2018
sureheaven:
So AAU has turned to private primary and secondary schools where pupils and students are not allowed to write exams because they owe school fees.

The school manage shld adopt another strategy to deal with debtors not by sending away from writing exams.
its not even about preventing debtors to write exam...the story here is more about preventing those who are yet to pay sch fees to attend lectures.na d coco wey dem dey yarn here. And as for telling my alma mata to allow debtors to write exam its telling goat not to eat yams when u put am in d same room with yams.i remember those days when we dey write exams how sch fees defaulter hunter crews go enter exam dey hunt for debtorscheesy. During d commotion who wan spy or copy go copy im neighbour wellacheesy. AAU na wayacheesy.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by theDukegold(m): 8:26am On Jun 28, 2018
emeijeh:
That school has been reduced to a glorified secondary school since 1999.

Ambrose Alli will be weeping, wherever he is.
just keep quiet! You know nothing
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by DrayZee: 8:27am On Jun 28, 2018
remi1444:
Stop defending arbitrariness, let me assume you're a graduate of an institution in Nigeria, during your days, hope you paid over 100k in a period where we had economic downfall like we are in ATM?
Can you reel out names of Institution that imposes policies like this in the country at the moment?
The money that was used to establish the EDO STATE UNIVERSITY if it was used to run the system of AAU, issues of them running out cash wont be prevalent as it at the moment.
Well, they've already built Edo State University. Nothing we can do about that now.
But, assuming the school goes on strike now, you people will still complain. They're trying to avoid strike by getting funding from the fees as fast as possible.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by Baffupdrizz(m): 8:27am On Jun 28, 2018
Is anyone else disgusted at the nauseating grammar contained in the SUG memo?
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by remi1444: 8:28am On Jun 28, 2018
Metuh:

The school fees was increased by 200% and the agreement was that students will pay in installments I.e pay half in 1st and another half in 2nd semester.

Without paying anything, you can't write exam as most of the examinations are programmed cbt.

revoked? and will be implemented on 16th of July? just 35days after resumption? exams according the academic calendar commences in Sept.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by DrayZee: 8:30am On Jun 28, 2018
Metuh:

Hmm...alright. I thing its just a measure to ensure that the students pay their fees promptly. Afterall, they gave a deadline. It will create a sense of urgency. The school needs the money.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by remi1444: 8:31am On Jun 28, 2018
DrayZee:

Well, they've already built Edo State University. Nothing we can do about that now.
But, assuming the school goes on strike now, you people will still complain. They're trying to avoid strike by getting funding from the fees as fast as possible.
So you're saying since they're averting the strike, we should be punished than the school going on strike?
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by remi1444: 8:32am On Jun 28, 2018
DrayZee:

i wish you have a wad or relation who's a student here.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by remi1444: 8:33am On Jun 28, 2018
Baffupdrizz:

make it known to them please.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by jtjohn(m): 8:34am On Jun 28, 2018
emeijeh:
That school has been reduced to a glorified secondary school since 1999.

Ambrose Alli will be weeping, wherever he is.
You not far from the truth......Ambrose Alli University used to be the cheapest state university in Nigeria but reverse is the case now.......This statement or memo from the school management won't work......I see protest looming and indefinite strike calling....

The management should concentrate more on building infrastructure and impacting knowledge and not this balderdash.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by mikejegede(m): 8:36am On Jun 28, 2018
Ekp student no first like school before.now they are giving them a reason no to go to school at all.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by hotplate: 8:37am On Jun 28, 2018
Cosmore9:
Nice step from the SUG.
Nice Step but I hope they don't come out and say they spent 2million naira to intervene or dialogue the issue #ThisIsAAU
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by Metuh: 8:37am On Jun 28, 2018
remi1444:
revoked? and will be implemented on 16th of July? just 35days after resumption? exams according the academic calendar commences in Sept.
It has been suspended.

If they should go ahead with that rubbish, protest will scatter everything.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by jtjohn(m): 8:39am On Jun 28, 2018
Baffupdrizz:

Mr grammarian, it will not only make u to vomit but will make u to stool too.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by theDukegold(m): 8:41am On Jun 28, 2018
munas:

I dont really get it.

not when CBE system of Examination was introduced in the school since past years. If you havent paid your school fees you cant login to see the exam questions on your kofa profile. So this new rule implimentation is totally irrelevant.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by remi1444: 8:46am On Jun 28, 2018
jtjohn:
You not far from the truth......Ambrose Alli University used to be the cheapest state university in Nigeria but reverse is the case now.......This statement or memo from the school management won't work......I see protest looming and indefinite strike calling....

The management should concentrate more on building infrastructure and impacting knowledge and not this balderdash.
The VC and the Administrative officers are really making an overhaul and building of new complexes(including tarring roads in the school) . to this extent, they deserve 1001% thumb up.

1 Like

Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by remi1444: 8:47am On Jun 28, 2018
mikejegede:
Ekp student no first like school before.now they are giving them a reason no to go to school at all.
Maybe the ones you know do not, do not generalise it.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by ThompsonJotham: 8:48am On Jun 28, 2018
hotplate:
perfection always washing is dirty nynen outside, trying to make the union seems they are relevant, I hope you also come and tell nairaland how the union or rather the president you talk abt suspended other executive member cos he was accused of money laundering

thank God you said accused..... Try and ask those excos if it true
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by remi1444: 8:48am On Jun 28, 2018
Metuh:

It has been suspended.

If they should go ahead with that rubbish, protest will scatter everything.
till 16 July. recheck it.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by remi1444: 8:49am On Jun 28, 2018
theDukegold:
not when CBE system of Examination was introduced in the school since past years. If you havent paid your school fees you cant login to see the exam questions on your kofa profile. So this new rule implimentation is totally irrelevant.
kapich.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by DrayZee: 8:50am On Jun 28, 2018
remi1444:
So you're saying since they're averting the strike, we should be punished than the school going on strike?
Wow. With the way you people insult your Universities when they go on strike, is it a wonder that they would go to measures such as this to avert it? You simply don't want to understand the fact that the school needs money to function. How can you see payment of school fees as a punishment?
remi1444:
i wish you have a wad or relation who's a student here.
They'll probably not take the policy as seriously as you expect so calm down. This policy will make those who can pay but have refused to pay, to do so promptly. That's what the school is driving at. And there are probably students who haven't even paid last semesters fees.
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by crafteck(m): 9:03am On Jun 28, 2018
No graduates, no lecturers salary

1 Like

Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by remi1444: 9:06am On Jun 28, 2018
DrayZee:

Wow. With the way you people insult your Universities when they go on strike, is it a wonder that they would go to measures such as this to avert it? You simply don't want to understand the fact that the school needs money to function. How can you see payment of school fees as a punishment?

They'll probably not take the policy as seriously as you expect so calm down. This policy will make those who can pay but have refused to pay, to do so promptly. That's what the school is driving at. And there are probably students who haven't even paid last semesters fees.
hopefully your last paragraph becomes true.
for you last sentence, please things are not easy especially for "rich persons".
Re: AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) by ipobarethieves: 9:21am On Jun 28, 2018
undecided i dnt support dis but most of these peeps have collected the money from their parents (some go even padded it up handout. Excursion even wen nah maths he dey read,he sha must go excursion ,association due,sug,one prog due etc).They either spend the money on frivolities, buy 3 sardine to eat 200 naira Agege bread with chichi,play Bet9ja hoping to win 3 milla overnight. ,partying, want to belong by force..But dey can't escape last last

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University / Things You Should Consider Before Choosing A University / NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.