Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video (42337 Views)

Mirabel Obi, UNN Twerker, Attempts Suicide (Video) / Mirabel Obi: My Father Lost Contracts Due To Twerking Video- UNN Medical Student / Mirabel Obi: Gustavo Cubana To Send Money To UNN Student Twerker For Expulsion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by SiggyNG: 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
Update from

Read Previous Thread : https://www.nairaland.com/6825717/unn-female-student-strips-off/1#107165293

The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) has finally released an official statement about Mirabel Obi, the first-year medical laboratory student, who was filmed as she twerked half naked during a dance competition at the Akpabio Hostel.

The school management have denied suspending the student seen in a viral video twerking in a revealing bodysuit.

Although, in the video, the school's Dean of Affairs was also seen threatening to ensure that she is expelled for bringing shame to humanity and womanhood.

In a statement released by the Public Relations Officer of the University, Okwun Omeaku, the institution said it does not “condone acts of indecency and other morally reprehensible behaviour from our students.

''Our degrees and certificates are awarded only to those who have been found worthy in character and in learning.

“Against the backdrop of mixed reactions on the video, it is important to clarify that the university has neither suspended the student nor pronounced any punishment on account of the incident”.

The management said it has set up a panel to investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident, adding that further action would be guided by the report of the panel.
'', he said.

The school authorities urged the general public to disregard reports that the student has been suspended, adding that the public should also ignore any comment suggesting a pre-determined punishment for the student.

https:///unn-finally-releases-statement-on-the-girl-who-twerked-half-naked/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by SiggyNG: 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
Whatever happens, it doesn't dispute the fact that what she did is morally wrong. That is an educational ground for Christ sake.

[color=#990000][/color] giving us latest campus gist since 1857 grin

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by LeeSantos(m): 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by DWJOBScom(m): 7:52pm On Nov 03, 2021
Oh great
I hope they compensate her for the destruction of her private property
Or the indecent comment of the Dean

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
Panel ontop this kind matter? SMH

15 Likes

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Skyfornia(m): 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2021
She must be under some influence...don't suspend her rather take her to a psychiatrist, hard drug is definitely driving her.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by WoundedLamb: 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2021
Panel for what exactly? She could be wrong on moral grounds, but how is that the school's business? Do they really want to start punishing adults for indecent activities?

122 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by donprincebigt(m): 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
Panel!!! Ontop twerking ?
Her life is her reputation. What's dere own. If she like make she spoil am. And if she like make she preserve am.
How I wish everybody just av d mind ur business mentality. Everywhere 4 good

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by JubrinElSudan: 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2021
They shouldn't suspend her but she was crazy by granting an interview after the whole event, she doesn't owe it to any one to clear the air that she has been suspended when such thing never happened. That interview would have been granted if she was suspended.
Now the so called panel set may see something wrong with the interview

PS: I didn't listen to the interview to know what they discussed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
Skyfornia:
She must be under some influence...don't suspend her rather take her to a psychiatrist, hard drug is definitely driving her.
How is hard drugs affecting her? For twerking in a competition or did she commit a crime...??
Nigerians get serious problem abeg...

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by revived: 10:45pm On Nov 03, 2021
I dun talk am

Make everybody go hustle

Yeye school

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by muller101(m): 2:35am On Nov 04, 2021
Morally some people's comments on this thread shows they are already dead. If you want people to adhere to mind your business mentality don't go to public places. Useless yourself privately.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Mokason288(m): 3:46am On Nov 04, 2021
BUhari government has taught every body how to deny

3 Likes

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Bighead9: 4:44am On Nov 04, 2021
Igbo Girls no Dey carry last. They must hustle. Money must be made. grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Nobody: 5:19am On Nov 04, 2021
This ASHAWO again!

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Sixsigmahub: 6:55am On Nov 04, 2021
Blah blah blah...
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by descarado: 6:59am On Nov 04, 2021
They will frustrate her out of the school.

She should be ready to become keziah, still yet, I don't see her lasting there at all.

4 Likes

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Gadafii: 7:19am On Nov 04, 2021
One thing is, she has been launched high into the hoeing phase with all these attentions.

Another janemena in the making

5 Likes

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by iykee101(m): 7:23am On Nov 04, 2021
That reminds me back then when Akpabio hall was male hostel,i really enjoyed my stay there before it was converted to female hostel,anyway the memories is something that last forever as far as am still alive.

2 Likes

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Jomjor: 7:33am On Nov 04, 2021
DWJOBScom:
Oh great
I hope they compensate her for the destruction of her private property
Or the indecent comment of the Dean
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Mohzus: 7:33am On Nov 04, 2021
During social activities in school all things go except alcohol. During hostel week , girls who wear bikini twerk and no has issue with them . How the dean take they self

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:33am On Nov 04, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
This ASHAWO again!

It's very easy for you people to call other people names.

Thank God you no be God sha

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by FalseProphet1(m): 7:33am On Nov 04, 2021
My prophecy came to pass...the matter has been swept under the carpet by the university management after she sexually satisfied them.

This I have seen.

7 Likes

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by hysteresis: 7:33am On Nov 04, 2021
Fh
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Awkabigboy: 7:34am On Nov 04, 2021
The girl is even a med lab science student , I thought she was even a real medical student like medicine and surgery, mtcheww expected

3 Likes

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Omniman(m): 7:34am On Nov 04, 2021
Ordinary UNN disguising as Covenant grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria / The Human Skeleton My Students Drew / Jamb Syllabus For This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.