Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:17 PM

Don’t Exchange Your Primary Calling For Something Fanciful (2) - Judg 9:10-14 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don’t Exchange Your Primary Calling For Something Fanciful (2) - Judg 9:10-14 (250 Views)

Daily Bible Night Prayer From John 10 : 14 / Don't Pretend To Love Others (Romans 12:9-10) / Don’t Exchange Your Primary Calling For Something Fanciful - Romans 12:3-10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Exchange Your Primary Calling For Something Fanciful (2) - Judg 9:10-14 by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 28, 2018
DON’T EXCHANGE YOUR PRIMARY CALLING FOR SOMETHING FANCIFUL (2) - JUDGES 9:10-14; HEBREWS 11:24-26

Beloved Reader,

You are specially invited to the upcoming Annual God of Breakthroughs Convention (GOBC) 2018 with the theme: "Exceeding Abundantly Above".

Date: July 1st - July 8th 2018 (Sunday - Sunday)
Time: 6am-2pm (4 sessions) and 5pm-8pm daily.

Venue: Dream Centre Headquarters,
Km 4, Gbongan-Osogbo Expressway,
Dream Centre Bus stop,
Osogbo, Osun State,
Nigeria.

Ministering:
Rev & Rev (Mrs) Olusola Areogun (Hosts)
Rev Dr. John Idowu (Ado Ekiti)
Rev Dr. Francis Olonade (Modakeke)
Rev Akinlolu Raphael (Ibadan)
Rev Dr. John Akpami (Zaria)
Rev Dr. Lekan Babatunde (Ibadan)
Pastor Tunde Jaiyebo (Ibadan)
Rev Adeniyi Daniel (Abeokuta)

Enquiries: 07060930809; 08033879828; 08038492153; 08037252124.

Live streaming available on www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/streaming and www.dciradio.org

Come, all things are ready!!!
Jesus is Lord!

One of the attacks of the devil against the church of God and against God’s people in these last days is to make them leave their primary calling for something fanciful. You must never fall for his tricks. He offered our Lord Jesus all the glamour of the earth but He didn’t take the bait.

Some people are called in more than one area and others bury their talents in a bid to look like another. In our passage, the vine and the fig tree demonstrated great understanding of the importance of abiding faithfully in your primary calling.

Judges 9:14 says, “Then said all the trees unto the bramble, come thou and reign over us. And the bramble said unto the trees if in truth ye anoint me king over you, then come and put your trust in my shadow and if not let fire come out of the bramble and devour the Cedar of Lebanon.” You can immediately see that the bramble has no blessing for them.

Somebody that doesn’t know his calling is willing to exchange whatever. Look at all the other trees: The fig tree, the vine and the olive tree recognized their calling and assignment and they refused to exchange it for anything. Yet there are believers who have exchanged their callings for the fanciful and temporary things. Beware of distractions and alternative destiny because you will give account of what you did about God’s calling upon your life.

PRAYER: Lord, I reject every distraction to my calling. I refuse to sacrifice the eternal significance of my calling for the fleeting passions of this present world in Jesus’ name. Amen.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 2 Kings 13:1-14:29, Acts 18:23-19:12, Psalm 146:1-10, Proverbs 18:2-3

Rev. Olusola Areogun

(1) (Reply)

An Upside Down World / Excellence Makes The Difference- Pastor Nike Adeyemi / This Was The Birthday Gift I Had For Him Early This Morning You May Like To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.