Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Cost Of Travel. Nigeria Vs. Other Countries. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Travel. Nigeria Vs. Other Countries. (3676 Views)

Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) / Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video) / Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Cost Of Travel. Nigeria Vs. Other Countries. by 19naia(m): 4:48am On Jul 03, 2018
peacengine:

Oga this epistle of yours seem fake. Respect to u sir buh lemme pic some points out da are kinda flawed. We don't demand an extra year security deposit for rent, if u encountered someone who asked for it, sorry on his behalf buh it's against tenancy law in almost all state, sure of Lag. Get urself a good agent he will locate shortlet apartments for u and Air b n b available here too. I'm thinking '80's should be among the best times here bro, workers were not well paid buh not owed salaries, old school people like my parents have confirmed this information to me (civil servants). Bro, giv more details about running out of da country with only ur cloth and nothing else, guy that story to me is a faboo. Malaria treatment for naja was the funniest to me bro its in every chemist n hosp. Ur fibs are interesting to read bro, ride on. Have u met any Nigerian in Columbia/Mexico? What type of business do u reckon might be good there? U said vegetables are expensive there, wud have liked to look into it buh preserving them is da problem

Sorry but i have to go with what experience has provided me. Not what you are trying to convince me of despite never knowing me nor where i came from or never talking to my parents and what they went through from Late 80’s to 1990.

I have my information. I used Airbnb to rent where i am staying in Colombia right now and also used Airbnb to rent where i stayed in Mexico last years and this year. I have been running Airbnb long before you showed up thinking you know what my lesson should be.
Perhaps you should learn more about me before deciding what i know or do not know, but i think i may not be interested in you doing that now that you reveal your nature.

Also i am always scouring Jumia/Jovago as well as Nigeriapropertycenter.com and others like that. I have followed them for years. Also following Airbnb for rentals in Nigeria.
Been doing that for years before you came with your illsuion of falsehoods here. I understand this is Nairaland and it is full of prejudiced mentalities like yours, possibly tribalist prejudice in you as well.
I know they changed the law to 3 month rents up front and i also know it is nigeria where that is still mostly ignored as shown in many listings on Nigeria proeorty center and other web sites for renting in Nigeria. I will rely on the website info before i rely on your info. I have 24 hour electricity and 5G wifi network at my house and a fine computer tablet to surf the world wine web as much as i want.
I cannot limit myself to just you and your few lines of confounded information.
You lost my confidence already by assuming too much in error. It is your credibility that has suffered and not mine.

So far you have not shared anything useful to me and have been a disrespectful waste of time. At the end of all your commentary, you have done nothing but watered and fertiliezed the seeds of prejudice growing into the way of error for your life.
Flasely believeing that truth is false and assuming you are wise by that.

It does not matter what you believe i lived through or did not live through. Prejudice is when you strongly conclude about someone you do not know and also do not know where they have been or what they have experienced.

There is hope for you though. I used to not pay mind to people’s stories if it contradicted my preconceived notions or my own limited sources and experience.
I used to believe that if it never happened to me that it is not possible to happen for anyone else.. But i woke up one day to see the nature of prejudiced thinking and i now strive to be more open minded and respectful of other people’s life stories.

We all learn from stories, even fiction. But if you are looking more for establishing false or real status, you miss the lesson and stay incubated in ignorance. Fake or real is better in the advertisement section formitems selling. I am selling nothing here. Just free share of my story.

My stories are backed up by the lessons i learned from other people’s stories and having them corroborate with what personal experiences provide for me. I pass that on for other who need it. If you are not interested, then go back to what works for you.
I suspect there may be a lot of things not working for you in life, with the blind spots of all the closed minded views you perpetuate.

Airbnb is mostly overpriced in Nigeria and also many other countries. I sometimes find good deals on Airbnb but the best deals are usually not advertised online in most cheaper countries. I do not recommend Airbnb unless you have no other easy options and you can afford to pay what is showing there. There are some good deals on Airbnb but they are becoming rarer every day and some of the prices are outrageous especially in Nigeria where price gouging is put above providing real value.
I am speaking as someone who used Airbnb more than once and each time arrived to find others paying much less because they did not book it online but did so face to face.

Have you ever used Airbnb? I have. Have you ever paid to rent houses? I have in more than a few countries.
Have ever owned a house to rent? I own a house that i let out to tenants while i rent a house for myself now in Colombia.

Tell more about what you are about so we can know what experience has provided for you. Or would you rather i just make assumptions about you without knowing more about you? Should i worry you are 419? Did you try to sell false advertised car in Car section?
Am i being too prejudiced?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Travel. Nigeria Vs. Other Countries. by peacengine(m): 5:11am On Jul 03, 2018
19naia:

I don’t know about getting jobs and such in Mexico. I am based in USA and simply travel to other countries without involvement in employment there.
There are black people in Mexico. Hard part is if you do not speak Spanish and need a job. The only non Spanish speaking people i know who do well there are people who come from abroad to Mexico with money to spend. You can communicate well with money if you do not know the language. If you have no money and look to earn it, you need to speak Spanish in Mexico.
Maybe you consider other countries without language barriers.

I cannot imagine how having the money to travel overseas is not enough to make a living in Nigeria. Struggles can be hard anywhere in the world. Maybe in USA or Canada, you would struggle in a nicer environment but even then the cold there can kill people who are out in the streets struggling.
Struggling in Mexico can be like Nigeria, with people hawking goods in traffic and selling items door to door in housing areas.
Same thing happens in Colombia except i think hawking in traffic is illegal in Colombia.

If you don’t have means and are not bold and ready to face any challenge, then Countries south of USA are not guaranteed to be easier than Nigeria. I am based in USA and there are people in Nigeria living in better houses than i have in USA and driving nicer cars than i have and are far richer than i am. Nigeria circumstances can be handled espcially if you have the ability to just go to a foreign land and take on unknown challenges. You can do the same in Nigeria by taking on new areas of self application. Education is not everything. I know of uneducated people who earn enough selling in market and use it to send kids to school and some of the kids grew up to become salary earners at jobs that pay less than the uneducated market seller parent earns. And even worse, the salary earner becomes a beggar when salary goes unpaid for months, after all that money spent on education, to end up a tormented salary earner who is worked like a slave.

If Europe and USA or any top teir nations are not an option for you, i cannot be sure going abroad will guarantee a better life. Especially if you do not have an amount of money to hold you well for some time and that is normally an amount of money that can see you make a decent business in Nigeria if you are willing to hustle.
I met a lady in Peru who worked reception at the hotel i stayed for 3 months. They never paid her salary for 3 months, so she got angry and complained. They sacked her without pay and forbid her from entering the workplace again, so that she cannot ask for the unpaid salary. And they also gave her bad reference to keep her from finding other jobs. All because she was angry that they did not pay her for 3months. All because she was not happy being used as a slave.

[b]I learned in my young days in Nigeria when i was going to the more prestigious secondary schools of the time, and my Father being a University head of department/lecturer , housing was provided in the best housing estate in town and rubbing shoulders with families of top level officials in town who were living in the same estates.
The time came when salary payment went away and even in school we had food shortages. It was hunger at home and hunger at school even in the elite schools and at home in elite housing estate.
I notice uneducated market workers and uneducated farmers ate better than us. We used to escape school and go to the village farmers to beg for garri. Old Farmers livng in mud huts and less education than us young teenagers.
Children of educated Nigerian officials, begging food from poor uneducated farmers. ?
Our lives were education and books. All we had was paper and educated mindset. When it came to food, we relied on salaried position. When no salary, we did not have a farm to go to for food nor a market shop to turn business for us to provide for ourselves. We had inedible paper and i would eat anything i could find. Even some days scavenging from the wild land for anything i could find to eat[/b]

To this day, there is no argument that can convince me that money or education is better than farms and suplies of food itself.
Salaries stop arriving for many workers and they must continue to work ,pushing paper and pen, not allowed to take up farming to survive. And so they wither with only paper and pen to eat. Education does not make a book edible.
Also Money can collapse anytime. You can have millions of Naira in a bank and one year all that money loses value.
There are countries where a million would buy a house 5 years ago, but today a million is only enough to buy one roll of toilet paper and that roll of toilet paper is scarce to find sef.

Land and farms will survive inflation. Shop Supplies will survive inflation because these are the goods that themslevs inflate when money loses value. The people with money at home will be hungry while the people with a shop of suplies and land to farm, will be having a chance.

Travel costs money. Where are you going in terms of securing yourself in an unstable world? Even USA economy can crash. Are you of a mind that values money, position and mental status, more than the real substances that it takes to survive? Some times, even an uneducated farmer is in a better position to survive than university lecturers. Some will say all you need is Jesus to survive, but even Jesus needed a fisherman and bread baker to suplly a few loaves and fishes for turning into a feast. Even Jesus needed some water supplied to turn it into wine.
I hope you know what to value along the way when you start to shift your life and resources into a new life of hoping for better things.
The world can be a wild and unpredictable ride in any country.

But... Nigerians are some of the most fruitious people abroad. They excel in education and business and yes also in crime. But most are hard working and honest and do very well anywhere. Because Nigeria hardship is one that conditions people to feel comfortable with hustling in places where the hard works is always repaid.
Many work hard in Nigeria and not get paid for many months. So when they find anywhere to work on earth, and get paid regularly, they thrive there and are happy to work and survive. They grow and prosper from there.

What led to this circumstance sir? ATM someone in da ur father's position will be doing fairly financially, which period was this bro? If this happened now, lecturers will strike immediately, didn't they have ASU? HOD son scavenging for food, begging for garri? Menhhh things were worst then o, it feels like I'm reading a war story

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Travel. Nigeria Vs. Other Countries. by peacengine(m): 5:56am On Jul 03, 2018
19naia:

Sorry but i have to go with what experience has provided me. Not what you are trying to convince me of despite never knowing me nor where i came from or never talking to my parents and what they went through from Late 80’s to 1990.

I have my information. I used Airbnb to rent where i am staying in Colombia right now and also used Airbnb to rent where i stayed in Mexico last years and this year. I have been running Airbnb long before you showed up thinking you know what my lesson should be.
Perhaps you should learn more about me before deciding what i know or do not know, but i think i may not be interested in you doing that now that you reveal your nature.

Also i am always scouring Jumia/Jovago as well as Nigeriapropertycenter.com and others like that. I have followed them for years. Also following Airbnb for rentals in Nigeria.
Been doing that for years before you came with your illsuion of falsehoods here. I understand this is Nairaland and it is full of prejudiced mentalities like yours, possibly tribalist prejudice in you as well.
I know they changed the law to 3 month rents up front and i also know it is nigeria where that is still mostly ignored as shown in many listings on Nigeria proeorty center and other web sites for renting in Nigeria. I will rely on the website info before i rely on your info. I have 24 hour electricity and 5G wifi network at my house and a fine computer tablet to surf the world wine web as much as i want.
I cannot limit myself to just you and your few lines of confounded information.
You lost my confidence already by assuming too much in error. It is your credibility that has suffered and not mine.

So far you have not shared anything useful to me and have been a disrespectful waste of time. At the end of all your commentary, you have done nothing but watered and fertiliezed the seeds of prejudice growing into the way of error for your life.
Flasely believeing that truth is false and assuming you are wise by that.

It does not matter what you believe i lived through or did not live through. Prejudice is when you strongly conclude about someone you do not know and also do not know where they have been or what they have experienced.

There is hope for you though. I used to not pay mind to people’s stories if it contradicted my preconceived notions or my own limited sources and experience.
I used to believe that if it never happened to me that it is not possible to happen for anyone else.. But i woke up one day to see the nature of prejudiced thinking and i now strive to be more open minded and respectful of other people’s life stories.

We all learn from stories, even fiction. But if you are looking more for establishing false or real status, you miss the lesson and stay incubated in ignorance. Fake or real is better in the advertisement section formitems selling. I am selling nothing here. Just free share of my story.

My stories are backed up by the lessons i learned from other people’s stories and having them corroborate with what personal experiences provide for me. I pass that on for other who need it. If you are not interested, then go back to what works for you.
I suspect there may be a lot of things not working for you in life, with the blind spots of all the closed minded views you perpetuate.

Airbnb is mostly overpriced in Nigeria and also many other countries. I sometimes find good deals on Airbnb but the best deals are usually not advertised online in most cheaper countries. I do not recommend Airbnb unless you have no other easy options and you can afford to pay what is showing there. There are some good deals on Airbnb but they are becoming rarer every day and some of the prices are outrageous especially in Nigeria where price gouging is put above providing real value.
I am speaking as someone who used Airbnb more than once and each time arrived to find others paying much less because they did not book it online but did so face to face.

Have you ever used Airbnb? I have. Have you ever paid to rent houses? I have in more than a few countries.
Have ever owned a house to rent? I own a house that i let out to tenants while i rent a house for myself now in Colombia.

Tell more about what you are about so we can know what experience has provided for you. Or would you rather i just make assumptions about you without knowing more about you? Should i worry you are 419? Did you try to sell false advertised car in Car section?
Am i being too prejudiced?

Easy on me bro, see me as ur brother cos outside naija we kno how it pays to stick together. Don't blame me for pointing out some flaws sir, at least I'm sure about da security deposit strife u raised bro, e won't work here cos average people can't afford it. I paid my rent without it bro, buh I paid for agreement. I kno da yarn about u leaving Naja for America with nothin buh ur clothes seem some how, funish more details bro, what happened, dunno why it feels like during the war to me. What I hear bout Columbia is drugs, about Ecuador gangsterism. Bro I'm a business man/middleman, get farm produce from farms supply to customers in cities, will surely make it one day, dats about me, nothing more.Give us details about business there, let's help ourselves. I'm no 419 bro everythin I do or say is legit buh will marry ur daughter for passport if da opportunity comes

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? / How To Send Money From Nigeria To Uk,usa ,germany,cyprus - Abroad / 10 Deadliest Aviation Accidents Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.