Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped (109437 Views)

Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by bid4rich(m): 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
DonDemu:
Let me see the idiot that will come & open the dirty gap on his face called mouth to blame Buhari for these deaths. Death is inevitable any day anywhere so stop the politically motivated blame games!

Must you be a fanatic! Why cant you leave a sensible comment, mourn for the lives lost and move on. Some people sha

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
DonDemu:
Let me see the idiot that will come & open the dirty gap on his face called mouth to blame Buhari for these deaths. Death is inevitable any day anywhere so stop the politically motivated blame games!

You did not even say RIP to the death, well, I guess Buhari is more important to you than RIP to the death. Buhari must be your Dad and knows you by name. If not, I question your sanity.

Meanwhile, may the Souls of those who died on the avoidable inferno find their ways beyond the veil.

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by 9jaown(m): 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
DonDemu:
you are a fool and a goat. Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Tomoyayi(m): 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
thesicilian:
A different route needs to be created for these tanker drivers. The dangers they pose to other road users is way too much.

The tanks need to be fortified in such a way to withstand the impact of a collision because am sure most of the tanks used by tanker drivers are just a sheet of metal bent and welded together.

God please help Save Nigerians and Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Funjosh(m): 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
You will see some news hoping to hear first hand information on Nairaland but nah, na stewpeed comments you go just dey read.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by cosmos1440: 9:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
so so sad.
oil is supposed to be moved through pipelines, but vandals and bunkerers will never stop their criminal activities,and when the government want to stop these criminals, some people will start blaming the government, so we will continue to rely on tankers for the much needed oil.
same thing happened in idimu in june2015, the oshodi-apapa expressway is also a didisaster waiting to happen.
RIP to the dead . . .
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Ubty: 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2018
Just wanna ask a simple question...who is supposed to check the safety indices and road worthiness of these tankers and other large vehicles? Is it FRSC? Cos I have never seen such before. All they do is 'disturb' small vehicles
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Godwin888: 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2018
[quote author=DonDemu post=68913493]

You are the first person.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Jointhemiltons2(m): 10:12pm On Jun 28, 2018
You see a tanker fall on a tarred road,the next logical thing to do is to run because any car that passes with speed automatically ignites fire due to friction between the tire and the road. Rip
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by redcliff: 10:12pm On Jun 28, 2018
thesicilian:
A different route needs to be created for these tanker drivers. The dangers they pose to other road users is way too much.

what fo you nean different route?
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
You reacted smartly that's all. Who are you that God would save only you but love to watch others even the kids in the bus roast like barbecue? I'm sure the loving God we all made to believe isn't that cruel to torment his own creation that way unless something is wrong with the Christian religion we were taught. Just count yourself lucky. RIP to the dead. This further exposes Nigeria as a failed state to the international community.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by redcliff: 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
DonDemu:

but so far you hve been the one who started it.

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by thesicilian: 10:16pm On Jun 28, 2018
redcliff:

what fo you nean different route?
Another road specially for big vehicles.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by xcelentattitude(m): 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2018
It really does not matter what you believe. Death is sure for everyone, so is judgement. We must all give an account of what we did with our lives.
RIP to the dead and may God in His mercies save my country.

ChiefAzubuike:
Its a pity people lost their lives in this tragedy. After this incident, a God up there will still judge and condemn some of them to hell despite the ordeal they went through in their final seconds in life before coming to him. This one na real double wahala for dead body. Na real frying pan to fire.
May their families have the strength to bear the loss.
From Jos to russia to Lagos, it has been a black June indeed.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by openmine(m): 10:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
splmosixx:
May God never us die untimely death....
We shall not ply the road, when the road is hungry for blood....
I cover myself and everyother nairalanders with the blood of Jesus
Is that your solution to the spat of accidents on that road? smh
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by kaffyadeakeem(f): 10:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
Rip to the dead ,quick recovery to the injured .Amin my heart bleeds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Afonja007: 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2018
thesicilian:
when ever an going to east am allways restless inside bus because of fuel tankers on the road people will be asking me is like I don't apply this road allways how will I tell them that i don stay in naija who know people wey dey for bus with person make I dey manage biko death full naija

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by splmosixx(m): 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
Buhari is in the best position to answer that question

openmine:

Is that your solution to the spat of accidents on that road? smh
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Pataricatering(f): 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
splmosixx:
May God never us die untimely death....

We shall not ply the road, when the road is hungry for blood....

I cover myself and everyother nairalanders with the blood of Jesus
you think some of the people who died did not cover themselves with the blood of Jesus ? Lol ! You think they did not at one time or the other pray the same prayer ?
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Salmoneus(m): 10:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
WOW!! the saddest part is that we learn nothing when things like these happen, everyone goes to church, Thanks God it wasn't them and we return to the same routine, no new safety measures are taken, nothing. This is just too sad!! sad
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by selfwife(f): 10:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Its a pity people lost their lives in this tragedy. After this incident, a God up there will still judge and condemn some of them to hell despite the ordeal they went through in their final seconds in life before coming to him. This one na real double wahala for dead body. Na real frying pan to fire.
May their families have the strength to bear the loss.
From Jos to russia to Lagos, it has been a black June indeed.
that is why i question religion that has to do with hell fire.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by bukalis(m): 10:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
thesicilian:

I heard in some developed countries, tankers and trailers don't plight during day time, only in the night... God help us in this country.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Slimsly100(f): 11:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
Hei!!!! Olisa bi n'igwe!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry
M'elu anyi ebere o.

Ka nkpuru obi ndi Nile kwere gaara ga zuru ike na'ndokwa, Iseeeee.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by EroticJane(f): 11:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
thesicilian:
Nigerians are too useless. they obviously don't like what is good for them. they just want bad things to be happening so that they will always be complaining. Pipes were constructed and channeled all over the country for transportation of PMS, Gas, Kerosene etc to avoid such disaster but all they do is vandalize these pipes in local areas just to steal. all we do is blame the government for everything. Even if a different route is to be created as you said, most people will be against it because it will encroach in their land. they will come out with cutlasses to fight the road constructors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by openmine(m): 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
splmosixx:
Buhari is in the best position to answer that question

And what about you?
Are you not a citizen of Nigeria?
Don't you have solutions to the problem?
will buhari remain president for ever? smh
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by karlboss: 11:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nigerian government should have efficient rail network that can be used to transport petroleum products or have pipeline for transporting petroleum products. Rip to the dead.

In the documentary the men that built America in 1886 America transport fuel through pipeline can't we achieve this?
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by thesicilian: 11:17pm On Jun 28, 2018
EroticJane:
Nigerians are too useless. they obviously don't like what is good for them. they just want bad things to be happening so that they will always be complaining. Pipes were constructed and channeled all over the country for transportation of PMS, Gas, Kerosene etc to avoid such disaster but all they do is vandalize these pipes in local areas just to steal. all we do is blame the government for everything. Even if a different route is to be created as you said, most people will be against it because it will encroach in their land. they will come out with cutlasses to fight the road constructors.
You are right. The people are mainly at fault for what happens to them. But the question to ask ourselves is, those people that got roasted at Otedola bridge today, are they the ones who vandalized the pipelines for personal gains?
It is wrong for one set of people to suffer loss of lives and property for the crimes of another set. Which is where the government still comes in, to make sure our pipelines are safe and well protected, railways working to reduce the number of trailers and trucks on the road, and proper monitoring of vehicle road worthiness.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by karlboss: 11:19pm On Jun 28, 2018
EroticJane:

I read somewhere on nairaland that Nigerians love to suffer after I criticize the guy. I went in to think about what he said i began to see sense in what he said i realize that what he said was somehow true.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by millionboi2: 11:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
thesicilian:
Na today we Begin dey talk m

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by dratine(m): 11:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
Government please from coconut Busstop to mile 2 is waiting to experience this kind of quack mire. Please remember our constitution in the first page the aim and objective of a sound government is to protect lives and property. Please that road needs urgent attention to avert the unknown. God bless Nigeria.Rip to the dead.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Abiiiike(f): 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
Daviddson:
See hypocrisy. Tears rolling down your eyes and you'd time to bold your text? Have you ever seen a mourner in a celebration attire? I'm sure, no.

Hey!... why are you looking for some1 to pick on??
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by EroticJane(f): 11:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
thesicilian:

You are right. The people are mainly at fault for what happens to them. But the question to ask ourselves is, those people that got roasted at Otedola bridge today, are they the ones who vandalized the pipelines for personal gains?
It is wrong for one set of people to suffer loss of lives and property for the crimes of another set. Which is where the government still comes in, to make sure our pipelines are safe and well protected, railways working to reduce the number of trailers and trucks on the road, and proper monitoring of vehicle road worthiness.
It is a collective thing. we need to cooperate rather than fighting ourselves. That's just the solution. It doesn't matter whether those who died in the inferno were the ones who vandalize the pipelines or not. Once we begin to see that our negative action can affect others in a dangerous way, that will be the beginning of our solution in Nigeria. Otherwise nothing will still change. we will keep on exchanging the blames from one corner to another. from Buhari to Fulani herdsmen to Fifa referee to tanker drivers. Imagine a driver in one of the bus i was in left his engine one while asking the fuel attendant to refuel his car. when we advice him to off his engine, he was just shouting and saying pour the fuel make i dey go joor. if the car no gree start na we go push am baa? The fuel attendant refused. and he was saying we too dey fear. he just refused to see how disastrous that act was to himself, us in the bus and people around him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban / Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) / Under Flyover Bridges In Dubai Vs. Under Flyover Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.