Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped (109440 Views)

Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by IamNegan: 11:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
I don tire for this life, I no fit sleep since...People way just dey try exist with our poor economy don suffer untimely death..Horrific death..

God help us....make I go find valium
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by rOsy247(f): 11:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
cry cry
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Tombrown3(m): 11:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
After The killings of innocent Biafrans and some people claimed it was a good call, Nigeria will see more death than a country that's actually in civil war. Quote me after 5 years, it will never be better no matter who rules!
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by atobs4real(m): 11:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
That route has always been dangerous for long vehicles. I go through that route virtually every day but some times see accident that ahas always beendangerous to life.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Ken4agent(m): 11:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
Ubty:
Just wanna ask a simple question...who is supposed to check the safety indices and road worthiness of these tankers and other large vehicles? Is it FRSC? Cos I have never seen such before. All they do is 'disturb' small vehicles

Your thinking in my direction......that is how clueless they can be
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by okachie1(m): 11:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Its a pity people lost their lives in this tragedy. After this incident, a God up there will still judge and condemn some of them to hell despite the ordeal they went through in their final seconds in life before coming to him. This one na real double wahala for dead body. Na real frying pan to fire.
May their families have the strength to bear the loss.
From Jos to russia to Lagos, it has been a black June indeed.
Shut up! Hell fire is a religious scam stick to d topic and quit displaying ur idiocy.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by santricedupas(m): 12:32am On Jun 29, 2018
fineboynl:
in this country I also get scared when tanker get close of my vehicle. majority of the tankers doesn't meet standard test for road fitness.

its risky this highly explosive thing to be on the road

no be only u, especially those container trailer, anytime they get near me inside hold up or go slow in a bad road section I go just go dey shout oduduwa, afonja, obatala.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by ediku208: 12:39am On Jun 29, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Its a pity people lost their lives in this tragedy. After this incident, a God up there will still judge and condemn some of them to hell despite the ordeal they went through in their final seconds in life before coming to him. This one na real double wahala for dead body. Na real frying pan to fire.

How does the activities of Russia affect us
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Aladaofada(m): 12:54am On Jun 29, 2018
The Facts Is That,most Tanker Drivers Are Drug Adicts.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 29, 2018
Ahhhh this is too much... God what a tragedy. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by donqx: 1:18am On Jun 29, 2018
ohhh
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by gbagyiza: 3:01am On Jun 29, 2018
When we fail to put things right because of our selfish attitudes in this country, is gradually killing us..Most of the things happening to us we caused them ourselves..Nigeria has become a dead zone, recording reads in a daily basis..until we all start to do d right thing , to put things in d right shape, this country will continue to sink..RIP to d dead.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by folex(m): 3:10am On Jun 29, 2018
May God in his infinite mercies console the families of the departed. God saved us in Jos Thursday morning (Bukuru express) from a similar tragedy. I tanker laden with fuel fell blocking one lane of the express. Security agents quickly cordon off the segment of the road to vehicular movement to avert disaster.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by newoffer: 6:33am On Jun 29, 2018
Nigeria is a disgrace
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by godofuck231: 6:48am On Jun 29, 2018
Faithway10:
From; Amagitesblog.com

A tanker laden with fuel caught fire this evening on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, on the bridge near the Otedola Housing Estate, claiming lots of lives and cars.

A school bus with kids in it reportedly got burnt too.

A man whose car got burnt in the explosion has told when he saw the tanker fall and when he quickly took his phone and left his car when he saw fuel gushing out.

According to him, he also told another man parked behind him to run out, but he refused.

Watch video of the man speaking here; https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/06/otedola-bridge-fire-man-whose-car-got-burnt-narrates-how-he-quickly-escaped-before-the-explosion.html

I like this man, he who serves kola does not kneel down, the knowledge and use off safety is dead to the wreck less
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Burgerlomo: 7:12am On Jun 29, 2018
thesicilian:
A different route needs to be created for these tanker drivers. The dangers they pose to other road users is way too much.

Well said bro cool

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Kimberlydavids(f): 7:17am On Jun 29, 2018
DonDemu:
Let me see the idiot that will come & open the dirty gap on his face called mouth to blame Buhari for these deaths. Death is inevitable any day anywhere so stop the politically motivated blame gaomes!

This is the second thread you made this kind of comment. Must you politicise everything. People are grieving and you are here talking about Buhari and PDP. Just stop this attitude not everything must have a political undertone to it.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Burgerlomo: 7:20am On Jun 29, 2018
They just wasted the lives of innocent souls because of lack of rules and regulations cool
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by middlebelter(m): 7:34am On Jun 29, 2018
thesicilian:
A different route needs to be created for these tanker drivers. The dangers they pose to other road users is way too much.

It is not about different route it is about obeying law and enforcement. They were told to move only at night in Lagos, they won't listen.
Also the pipelines are being constantly vandalize, but can we really compare the cost of repairing the pipeline and watching it from vandalism to the cost of lives that was wasted yesterday alone?
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Psoul(m): 8:17am On Jun 29, 2018
Oh!......Nigeria. The land that fertilizes her vegetation with the innocent blood of her citizens.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Catastrophe1: 8:22am On Jun 29, 2018
DonDemu:
Let me see the idiot that will come & open the dirty gap on his face called mouth to blame Buhari for these deaths. Death is inevitable any day anywhere so stop the politically motivated blame games!
Buhari has a lot of blame in this unfortunate incident. He s got the power to sanction those tankers to only move products in the night, The blood of the innocent citizens that has died since they took over in 2015 are crying vengeance.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by hopefulLandlord: 9:07am On Jun 29, 2018
splmosixx:
May God never us die untimely death....
We shall not ply the road, when the road is hungry for blood....
I cover myself and everyother nairalanders with the blood of Jesus
There's no such thing as untimely death if you believe in an omniscient god

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by hahn(m): 9:27am On Jun 29, 2018
splmosixx:
May God never us die untimely death....

We shall not ply the road, when the road is hungry for blood....

I cover myself and everyother nairalanders with the blood of Jesus

The same Jesus that could not save the many people that died? When will you people start using your brains? undecided

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by CAPSLOCKED: 9:35am On Jun 29, 2018
hahn:

The same Jesus that could not save the many people that died? When will you people start using your brains? undecided

NONE OF MY DESCENDANTS WILL BE RELIGIOUS (UNLESS BY THEIR OWN WILL AS ADULTS [WHICH WILL BE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE]) BECAUSE THIS IS STARTING TO GET MORE SICKENING.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by bettyLad(f): 9:56am On Jun 29, 2018
and they said only 9people died . now I'm seeing a bus with kids all got burnt ..this government can lie ehhh ,lies lies lies everywhere ..those cars burnts for hours before the fire service came in . Nigeria is a bleeped country indeed . a tanker fully loaded with petrol driving on a busy day wit other vehicles when it shld only operates at night .
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by splmosixx(m): 10:17am On Jun 29, 2018
I prefer not to exchange words with you on this...

Jesus Christ has saved me several times, and I will keep calling on him and cover as many as possible with his blood....

@hahn,i cover your brain with the blood of Jesus, henceforth begin to reason like a normal being

hahn:

Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by splmosixx(m): 10:19am On Jun 29, 2018
Boss I can see you are frustrated.....

Shey yur father is a Nigeria citizen? It will be better if you ask him....

Quote me again,make ogun kee you

openmine:

And what about you?
Are you not a citizen of Nigeria?
Don't you have solutions to the problem?
will buhari remain president for ever? smh
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by splmosixx(m): 10:21am On Jun 29, 2018
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the lord will see us through from them all....

That won't stop me from calling the name of Jesus

Pataricatering:
you think some of the people who died did not cover themselves with the blood of Jesus ? Lol ! You think they did not at one time or the other pray the same prayer ?
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by KulKid(m): 10:46am On Jun 29, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Madam hell is not burning nw and salvation itself belongs to God,if Moses died and still went to heaven after being condemned by God for anger means there's hope for them too.
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by openmine(m): 11:06am On Jun 29, 2018
splmosixx:
Boss I can see you are frustrated.....

Shey yur father is a Nigeria citizen? It will be better if you ask him....

Quote me again,make ogun kee you

U didn't answer my question...and its so unfortunate that a christian like you can spew such trash about Ogun killing some one....lol

So its Ogun juju that protects you?
Be matured and answer....if you don't know quietly ignore!
You see destruction taking place and all you could do was say prayer as if you even believe in it like I discovered....even when I corrected you,you acted like most Nigerians..."passing the blame to others"

A simple and logic question could only produce a worthless and unnecessary threat from you....smh

Well am not surprised responses like these make me feel there are more kids masquerading as adults here....

Now I await your Ogun to do its worse... cheesy
smh
Re: Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped by Eziokwugbaoto: 11:20am On Jun 29, 2018
May their souls rest in peace. sad May we always be at the right place at the right time. AMEN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban / Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) / Under Flyover Bridges In Dubai Vs. Under Flyover Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.