Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Why I Support Ebonyi Assembly Declaration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Support Ebonyi Assembly Declaration (547 Views)

Ebonyi Assembly Declares Seats Of Three PDP Members' Seats Vacant / Defection: Ebonyi Assembly Speaker, Lawmakers Challenge Court’s Jurisdiction / Ebonyi Assembly Lacks Powers To Give Anambra Ultimatum –commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Support Ebonyi Assembly Declaration by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
Before I start, I will like you to read it out as Abakaliki & not Abakiliki.

The latter speaks of stark ignorance and carelessness.

Abakaliki is a town coming of age, with necessary infrastructure being put in place at appropriate places to uplift it & give it a city-look.

In time of Elechi, fellow Igbo from other states cried that Abakaliki lacked fly over and was typically a village; well the new governor just put 3 fine flyovers with bright bling blings at night.

Supermarkets including the popular Roban stores just opened up in town along OLD ENUGU road; a major road in the town.

Not to mention Ogoja road, this is in respect to Ogoja whom shared a province with Abakaliki in the first Republic. Now Ogoja is in cross river state yet such busy road filled with banks and business buildings is yet to be re-named "Banks road", even though Ogoja is non-Igbo people.

Ebonyi people are very welcoming, extremely hard-working and will prefer a labor job to a quick-money kind of business like scams, rituals, etc. This is why you see them riding Okada for business, hawking, digging wells, to earn a living in the diaspora as the recession bites on.

It is a common known knowledge that some misguided Anambra individuals like to play big brother to the rest of Igbo, while we appreciate the moments they have stood tall and had their shadows protect others from harm through out history, it is yet, with disdain that we spit out when some of them show their derogatory nature and clannishness.
As light of the nation and supposed education hub of the East, backward ideals such as Osu Caste system used to classify people which some Ndi Anambra used to classify Ebonyians as 3rd class, has sort of, embarassed all Igbo in the supreme conquest to actualize Biafra and made Igbo a laughing stock.

It was embarassing that when I was reading the Assemly ultimatum, Ekomobong, a friend of mine from Akwa Ibom peeped in and laughed at me saying something like; we have always said it igbo are like fulanis, over dominating. He classifies fellow Igbo what then will he do to us SS when we partner to form Biafra; fourth class osus then we will become?

As brothers, we may have our differences, but discussing them in civil manner without exhibiting clannishness, osu caste system, classification, bigotry, pride, will go a long way in uniting us and showing our solidarity to Nigerians so when we speak of forging Biafra, they know we are ready.

From what I read on that thread, we are not ready!

Just to mention, Umahi helped Ibeto regain control of Nigercem and that plant in Ebonyi has already begun operation since 2016. Ebonyians owe a lot to Anambra and likewise do Omambalas owe much to Ebonyians.

Osu caste system must stop!
EbonyiEqualIgbo.
Abia and Imo brethren should lend their voices.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Support Ebonyi Assembly Declaration by Donald95(m): 12:05am On Jun 29, 2018
IAm from Aba in Abịa State, It is a total shame that Anambra and partly Enugu sees these Ebonyi State as 2nd class citizens in Igbo land.

It is also shameful that a road renaming that has nothing to contribute to Anambra Government confers is trying to bring a strong division between Anambra and Igbo at large. I think for brotherly love, that name Abakailiki street should be restored

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Ebonyi Assembly Declaration by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 29, 2018
Donald95:
IAm from Aba in Abịa State, It is a total shame that Anambra and partly Enugu sees these Ebonyi State as 2nd class citizens in Igbo land.

It is also shameful that a road renaming that has nothing to contribute to Anambra Government confers is trying to bring a strong division between Anambra and Igbo at large. I think for brotherly love, that name Abakailiki street should be restored

The name Abakalili which it answered all these ages actually didn't stop the hotzone from booming.
As if that was not enough, the manner at which they tried to debate the issue was outright derogatory.

Just take a look at the screenshot I have below. It is a minor case compared to how embarassed I was when my Uyo pal saw the discriminatory hate speech against Abakaliki people on that thread.

Re: Why I Support Ebonyi Assembly Declaration by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 29, 2018
Donald95:

The two states should cool their temper; I think that on a normal day, such renaming wouldn't have brought upset on the side of the Ebonyians, but because of historical name-callings and bad treatment meted upon them by their self-acclaimed Big Brother, that they decided; it's time we speak out against this. Usually, when someone is known for bullying, even on a day he actually didnt bully someone, he'll be suspected of actually doing it.

Keeping up with this will further alienate the Ebonyians, until they start un-Igbonizing their towns and histories and teaming up with FG to draft their clans as fully recognized tribes in the constitution of FRN and gazetted.
It will go down in history as another Igbo town joining Ikwerre, Anioma and co, to be long lost. Trust the FG to be willing to accept. Anything to diminish the land mass of SE to them, is a grande plot.

You may think it is good riddance, but Ebonyi is actually the Benue of SE. Too much food and arable land and hardworkers.
Re: Why I Support Ebonyi Assembly Declaration by Donald95(m): 12:23am On Jun 29, 2018

It is a common known knowledge that some misguided Anambra individuals like to play big brother to the rest of Igbo, while we appreciate the moments they have stood tall and had their shadows protect others from harm through out history, it is yet, with disdain that we spit out when some of them show their derogatory nature and clannishness.

During the War, Akanu Ibiem from Ebonyi made a huge contribution to bringing in relief material and also denounced his British name in protest against them, Philip Effiong stopped the further blood shed and after on, he never went back to politics. Ojukwu himself insisted that his corpse be taken to Aba whenever he dies because he knew we humbly stood by him in Umuahia, Imo state is the richest South East state none of this state indigenes are feeling over important over others Because of what their parents did. Everyone mellowed down land lived without disrespecting other tribes just as Anambra is doing Ebonyi. It is too bad for the future generation, All SE states are watching this renaming of a thing and trust me, it is heart braking after all Nnamdi Kanu did to Unite is.

Their is a Road in Aba called Azikiwe Road. Why haven't our governor renamed it to Park Road.

Please Anambrarians, Don't support Obiano to create a crack of division in Igbo land. What I saw in the other thread was disheartening.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support Ebonyi Assembly Declaration by Donald95(m): 12:33am On Jun 29, 2018
Funnicator:

The two states should cool their temper; I think that on a normal day, such renaming wouldn't have brought upset on the side of the Ebonyians, but because of historical name-callings and bad treatment meted upon them by their self-acclaimed Big Brother, that they decided; it's time we speak out against this. Usually, when someone is known for bullying, even on a day he actually didnt bully someone, he'll be suspected of actually doing it.

Keeping up with this will further alienate the Ebonyians, until they start un-Igbonizing their towns and histories and teaming up with FG to draft their clans as fully recognized tribes in the constitution of FRN and gazetted.
It will go down in history as another Igbo town joining Ikwerre, Anioma and co, to be long lost. Trust the FG to be willing to accept. Anything to diminish the land mass of SE to them, is a grande plot.

You may think it is good riddance, but Ebonyi is actually the Benue of SE. Too much food and arable land and hardworkers.

That is exactly where it will boil down to, they will simply pull out.

Enermies with friendly clothing will come claiming to sympathize with them, then will start brainwashing them by pinpointing all these rejections shown by Anambra and partly Enugu to drive home their point then with time their Children will start doubting their Igboness

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Ebonyi Assembly Declaration by OsuEbonyi: 12:58am On Jun 29, 2018
Donald95:

That is exactly where it will boil down to, they will simply pull out.

Enermies with friendly clothing will come claiming to sympathize with them, then will start brainwashing them by pinpointing all these rejections shown by Anambra and partly Enugu to drive home their point then with time their Children will start doubting their Igboness
Wee you keep kwayet grin

(1) (Reply)

Former President Jonathan Is My Constituent - Ben Bruce / FG Proscription Of IPOB Indrectly Tags Me, An Igbo Man A Terrorist-nwodo / Plateau Killings: CAN Reveals What’ll Happen If Buhari Fails To Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.