Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes (25288 Views)

Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra / My First Visit To The Eko Atlantic City (pictures And Video) / Lady Comes Out Without A Scratch From Accident Which Killed 4 Persons. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Butterflyleo: 7:54am On Jun 29, 2018
Deltatoto:
God no go gree that death was designed for Yoruba and Apc ppl

Mynd44 please this person seems unhinged and wishing death to people at will.I believe this contravenes nairaland rule 2
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Deltatoto: 7:57am On Jun 29, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You surely have a mental condition.
yoriba ppl have not us here.more rip to Yoruba ppl for voting Apc.bye
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Tonymic4life(m): 8:00am On Jun 29, 2018
Neofingerz:
first nonsense spotted

I think urs is nonsense if u can disregard other people opinion cos dey don't align with urs. How r we gonna curb d situation if it's not trending online. Like hell, how wud u av known if u didn't c d information on Facebook. D lady dat made d video of d aftermath was just crying, Infact weeping dat I was so touched even though I wasn't there. If there is an option to lend a helping hand during d incident and d videower(lol) refused den I'd support ur claim Buh if d deed has already been done den watch can dey do. U suggested dey shud cry. Can tears stop d fire or bring back d dead. Pls b realistic. If not for dem, u wud not av known such happened cos I'm sure no TV station or radio station was there at dat point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Nymph0(f): 8:02am On Jun 29, 2018
So true...
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by kolaish(m): 8:02am On Jun 29, 2018
Afflalo:
true talk
OP, WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE DEPARTED AND ALL WHO LOST ONE PROPERTY OR THE OTHER IN THAT EVENT, TAKING PICTURES/VIDEO OF SUCH OCCURRENCE IS NOT ENTIRELY BAD, BUT FOR RECORD PURPOSE AND TO FORESTALL A FUTURE RE-OCCURRENCE. I DO NOT THINK THERE IS ANYTHING ANYBODY CAN DO TO SALVAGE SUCH SITUATION,(EXCEPT YOU ARE A PARAMEDICS) WHAT HAS HAPPENED HAS HAPPENED.

PEOPLE RECORDED AND TAKE CRUCIAL PICTURES OF CRASHED PLANES (THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE BLACK BOX), INCLUDING THE POPULAR '911' IN AMERICA. IN ADDITION, THAT IS WHY THERE IS CCTV CAMERAS ALL OVER THE PLACE IN ADVANCED COUNTRIES TO MONITOR CRUCIAL EVENTS.

1 Like

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Pataricatering(f): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2018
This is the one insensitivity you get when ones idea of testimony is another person s misfortune !

1 Like

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Tonymic4life(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2018
Supreme01:
I strongly disagree with these Sir, becuase i dont think a reporter will see any victim in an helpless situation without 1st provide help before reporting or taking picture.

Tell d Op o. Such a sentimental country, Dats y we don't c d real picture. If not for dem, how wud he av known there was an accident?

3 Likes

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by imitor4us(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2018
Must you comment if you don't know what to say?what concert APC in all these?
Deltatoto:
no it’s not.it will be mental sickness to vote Apc and Buhari.im happy all the evil is befalling Apc states.here in south south we are good
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by kellyboo: 8:04am On Jun 29, 2018
Get our affordable,durable and reliable solar inverter sets.

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Deltatoto: 8:05am On Jun 29, 2018
imitor4us:
Must you comment if you don't know what to say?what concert APC in all these?
dont vote them again o if not u may not be Alife to comment in nairaland next time
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:09am On Jun 29, 2018
Not just a mental sickness, but a first-hand stupidity and iberiberism undecided
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by ImaIma1(f): 8:10am On Jun 29, 2018
Deltatoto:
babe there’s a big diff not just alphabets .its abnormal for tons of ppl to be dieing daily.we didn’t notice this under pdp even at the peak of Boko Haram it was mainly properties destroyed not life’s.u ppl don’t know what’s going on.apc and Buhari signed a pact with d devil these deaths are not normal

Everything is not about APC and PDP. It is about bad leadership since 1960...about leaders boycotting instead of putting things in place to avoid tragedies like this. It is about leaders enriching themselves instead of caring about the masses.

All the people we see in APC, were many of them not in PDP? People that just switch parties anyhow...the same recycled leaders. And what can APC do in 7 years that PDP couldn't do in many years?

Please let us stop the blame game and look beyond all that and see that people who are meant to be protected lost their lives in a very painful way. And i don't wish that for you.
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by rickymayne(m): 8:12am On Jun 29, 2018
I understand your point but in this situation...this isnt normal housefire and only a bold and experienced person would walk up to a fire caused by petrol with just one extinguisher...first thing is to evacuate the area and get in a safe place...which they did quickly...moreover one extinguisher isnt enough to even put off one car...this is fire that comes with explosions also...if you are not brave and experienced enough...even the fire fighters would tell you not to go...this isnt your regular generator fire...the videos helped pass message...which helped even the fire trucks know the extent of urgency and call for back ups...your point can be used in other scenarios but if its for this particular event that is just mere sentiment...i dont see anything bad in passing information to the public.i heard the ambulance trucks responded on time also so leave the sentiment and pass the message...im sure we wont be grieving as much as this if the videos were taken much later when everything had died down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by seanmozilla: 8:15am On Jun 29, 2018
Deltatoto:
.im happy all the evil is befalling Apc states.here in south south we are good
My bro, sense is far away from you. May thunder strike that your mouth and hand. We are talking about human lives here, do you need to bring politics into it? Or is there a place in Nigeria where sad events like this are not happening? When things like this happen, it affects everybody or are you telling me that it's only one tribe that met their unfortunate death in the accident? Just use UR BRAIN bro. Use UR BRAIN!!!

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Neofingerz: 8:18am On Jun 29, 2018
Tonymic4life:

I think urs is nonsense if u can disregard other people opinion cos dey don't align with urs. How r we gonna curb d situation if it's not trending online. Like hell, how wud u av known if u didn't c d information on Facebook. D lady dat made d video of d aftermath was just crying, Infact weeping dat I was so touched even though I wasn't there. If there is an option to lend a helping hand during d incident and d videower(lol) refused den I'd support ur claim Buh if d deed has already been done den watch can dey do. U suggested dey shud cry. Can tears stop d fire or bring back d dead. Pls b realistic. If not for dem, u wud not av known such happened cos I'm sure no TV station or radio station was there at dat point.
eyyyyyyy oya shhhhh oya go meet the OP
no cry for my head
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by stevedre: 8:19am On Jun 29, 2018
UjuJoan2:

So that's your take away from the write up? That 'crying' is the solution here?

If it is the you have some serious comprehension problems my friend!

He actually thought the op was talking about crying/weeping tears from the eyes only. The tears from the heart is the edge of human endurance and until our hearts broken and heavy with tears Nigeria will always be a shithole because people keep voting for clueless and wicked leaders.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 29, 2018
In as much as we should always sympathize with accident victims, You don’t just come out to condemn individuals trying to make awareness about something going on. Social media is also a way of transmitting information.

And you said people should bring out fire extinguisher to quench the fire Are you serious Because it is wrong snapping pictures , did you also fail to look at the pictures posted online that you are saying people should use extinguisher You can do more man.

1 Like

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by omoharry(f): 8:45am On Jun 29, 2018
post=68918682:
OP, Your article made so much sense to me.
It is so appaling seeing people click away and record on their phones in such perilous time.
Saving victims should be paramount in such instances

Going out and coming back home safely is really underrated.
May we never be victims of road casualties.

Take a look at them..........
Thank you for this post..i will help to broadcast this post through various means.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:48am On Jun 29, 2018
omoharry:
Thank you for this post..i will help to broadcast this post through various means.
You are always welcome sis.
Permission granted ma'm! cheesy
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by overereturn67(m): 8:51am On Jun 29, 2018
don't say they are mentally sick, how do u get the info, if not for those who snapped and video to show what happened.
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 29, 2018
Its is called "DIGITAL INSANITY"
...Not so many human being existing anymore, so many human Lingering!
we smile at the misfortune of others and quickly share it with others to laugh with us.
They wanna make a post quickly, as if self worth is measured by the amount of "likes, comments & followers" they get from the post to SOCIAL MEDIA.
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by omoharry(f): 8:52am On Jun 29, 2018
ncoolsome:
What is the Op trying to say So if CNN,All Jazeera,NTA are present or not this pix and videos can be soldhow do u freelance then
what the op is saying is that while the incident just happened we could come in and help out in anyway way we can saving their lives first than rushing in immediately to take pix..i have seen on countless occasion through the social media of accident victims who are in pain and need all the assistance that they can get but the people around them are only interested in taking the first pix of them and reporting the story...it means we are no longer in sync with our humanity..that is what the OP is saying..that it could be you down there tomorrow and instead of people rushing in to help you or calling the emergency unit they are busy taking pix of your dying state..how would you feel if you are the victim? that is what the op want you to understand.

1 Like

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:53am On Jun 29, 2018
yarimo:
IPOBIANS are very good in that unfortunate and silly behaviours. undecided
IPOB gbuo gi dia angry
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by omoharry(f): 8:54am On Jun 29, 2018
overereturn67:
don't say they are mentally sick, how do u get the info, if not for those who snapped and video to show what happened.
we dont need the info has it is happening especially when it involve dying victims but we need the stories of what happened after they have been save or rescued..
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by LVStone(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2018
spicyuzo:
It is heart-wrenching to know that the first thing that comes to the mind of someone who finds himself/herself close to an accident scene, or a mishap of any form is to start taking pictures and making videos.

Pictures and videos from the incident at the OtedolaBridge today penetrated all over social-media and news platforms just within a few hours, with different versions of reporting. This threw me into thoughts of how much we Nigerians have degenerated far away from humanity.

What has become of us fellow Nigerians?

Is it a clamour for popularity? Is it an appeal for likes and shares? Is there a bragging right or an award for live reporting from an accident scene? Or just maybe, is there a subtle innermost feeling of joy or satisfaction derived from reporting loss of live and properties directly as it is ongoing?
Please leave the reporting job to the press. Must you be a harbinger of bad news?

I ask you dear Sir or Madam Reporter, is there nothing else you can do to salvage the situation besides running live commentary?
What right do you have to take a video or a photo of people's lives and properties going up in flames?

Did you atleast even try to call the emergency and rescue authorities if that is the least you can do?
In fact, that phone which you are using for your live streaming news service, do you even have the hotlines or emergency numbers of the fire department, police, emergency search and rescue, ambulance service etc, stored on the phone?

What would have happened if most or all the cars travelling along the other lane had stopped, and brought out their car fire extinguishers. Wouldn't it have helped no matter how small, someone probably may have been saved, just one life atleast, or maybe even 1% of the fire may have been extinguished before the arrival of the fire fighters.

Let's now assume someone else called the emergency services, let's assume there is nothing you could do, atleast that is the deceit conviction you have given yourself, does this still justify you to start taking pictures?

You may ask, what then can I do?

Here is your answer.....Cry!!!!
Raise your voice and Cry!!!! Weep my dear brother and Sister.... Scream on top of your voice and weep until you run out of tears...

Weep because that cry you hear in the fire maybe the voice of the breadwinner of an entire family...

Cry because that cry in the fire may be the voice of the only graduate a family has ever produced, or it may be the voice of the only successful business man/woman who is the light of a family..

Scream because that smell of people burning in the fire maybe a group of students returning to their already awaiting family, or a spouse joyfully returning to the arms of his/her loved one after a stressful day.

Weep because while other people battle with maintenance of life quality, we are still battling with low live expectancy rates in Nigeria.

Cry because, just about anything, Anything is a threat to the life of a Nigerian.

Most of all, Hit your chest and weep for Nigeria...
Weep because most of the reasons why thousands of lives are lost in Nigeria, is not even a threat to the life of a stray animal in other countries..

Weep because the people we have entrusted to serve us, fix the potholes on our roads, provide us with alternative routes, provide us with basic amenities, ensure good town planning etc, are now the same people that will fly over our heads in helicopters and jets, while we burn and roast on the roads that are dilapidated and in utermost disaster.

Weep because while an entire force can be reshuffled and interogated for the loss of life of one citizen in some countries, we are conducting mass burials on daily basis here in Nigeria, and no one is held responsible for such impunities.

Fellow Nigerians, let it be clear to us that we are in no way better than those that lost their lives today or have lost their lives in situations like this in the past.
Let it be known to each and every one of us that we are in no way entitled to live even one minute longer than any of those people who lost their lives today.
No sane person goes out of his home with plans of dieing along the way, it is in no way by our power or our might that we are alive. It is strictly by the mercy of God that we are saved, let us therefore not take pleasure in taking pictures and videos from scenes, when people are in pains and anguish.

May the souls of those who lost their lives rest in the bossom of the lord, and may God grant the families the fortitude to bear the loss. Amen

We are humans, we are sensitive to the plight of fellow humans, we are different, We are Nigerians.
God save Nigeria!

you have nice idea, just that people of your kind sympathetically hide the evil of the goverment.

You need not to teach a man to cry, its a natural instinct so i do not buy this your course.

Do whatever nature dictates for you plus exposing the evils of this goverment for the world to see.

Tankers have been killing since 1900 talkless of container yet no stiff law enforced against the owners because it directly or indirectly feeds someone in goverment.

SELLAH
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 29, 2018
joey150:
So your 'solution" is for us to cry?

Tears now work wonders?

We should weep while other saner countries would enforce stricter guidelines to prevent lives from perishing like this in the future?

Nigerians should demand good governance, Nigerians should take to the streets if that is what it takes to recalibrate this country. I don't mind shutting it down for weeks if chaos is what would bring lasting peace, we might as well get on with it.

Crocodile tears isn't t going to bring one of those unfortunate souls back, neither will it prevent the next mishap from happening. Let's stop trying to play God. We need to get our acts together.

shut your trap n read to understand ,,what is wrong with us ,demented youths everywhere ... what the OP wrote would make 100% sense to any sane human ,, he suggested all measures to curb the situation, as if he knews nigerians; said if you conclude their is nothing you can do to save the situation ,,have human feelings n cry which is optional instead of recording ,some even took selfie with victims burning .... madness

1 Like

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Klington: 9:05am On Jun 29, 2018
The most painful part of it is that they record for the wrong reasons.

Our morals and conscience are on a very low point
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by davidif: 9:09am On Jun 29, 2018
spicyuzo:
It is heart-wrenching to know that the first thing that comes to the mind of someone who finds himself/herself close to an accident scene, or a mishap of any form is to start taking pictures and making videos.

Pictures and videos from the incident at the OtedolaBridge today penetrated all over social-media and news platforms just within a few hours, with different versions of reporting. This threw me into thoughts of how much we Nigerians have degenerated far away from humanity.

What has become of us fellow Nigerians?

Is it a clamour for popularity? Is it an appeal for likes and shares? Is there a bragging right or an award for live reporting from an accident scene? Or just maybe, is there a subtle innermost feeling of joy or satisfaction derived from reporting loss of live and properties directly as it is ongoing?
Please leave the reporting job to the press. Must you be a harbinger of bad news?

I ask you dear Sir or Madam Reporter, is there nothing else you can do to salvage the situation besides running live commentary?
What right do you have to take a video or a photo of people's lives and properties going up in flames?

Did you atleast even try to call the emergency and rescue authorities if that is the least you can do?
In fact, that phone which you are using for your live streaming news service, do you even have the hotlines or emergency numbers of the fire department, police, emergency search and rescue, ambulance service etc, stored on the phone?

What would have happened if most or all the cars travelling along the other lane had stopped, and brought out their car fire extinguishers. Wouldn't it have helped no matter how small, someone probably may have been saved, just one life atleast, or maybe even 1% of the fire may have been extinguished before the arrival of the fire fighters.

Let's now assume someone else called the emergency services, let's assume there is nothing you could do, atleast that is the deceit conviction you have given yourself, does this still justify you to start taking pictures?

You may ask, what then can I do?

Here is your answer.....Cry!!!!
Raise your voice and Cry!!!! Weep my dear brother and Sister.... Scream on top of your voice and weep until you run out of tears...

Weep because that cry you hear in the fire maybe the voice of the breadwinner of an entire family...

Cry because that cry in the fire may be the voice of the only graduate a family has ever produced, or it may be the voice of the only successful business man/woman who is the light of a family..

Scream because that smell of people burning in the fire maybe a group of students returning to their already awaiting family, or a spouse joyfully returning to the arms of his/her loved one after a stressful day.

Weep because while other people battle with maintenance of life quality, we are still battling with low live expectancy rates in Nigeria.

Cry because, just about anything, Anything is a threat to the life of a Nigerian.

Most of all, Hit your chest and weep for Nigeria...
Weep because most of the reasons why thousands of lives are lost in Nigeria, is not even a threat to the life of a stray animal in other countries..

Weep because the people we have entrusted to serve us, fix the potholes on our roads, provide us with alternative routes, provide us with basic amenities, ensure good town planning etc, are now the same people that will fly over our heads in helicopters and jets, while we burn and roast on the roads that are dilapidated and in utermost disaster.

Weep because while an entire force can be reshuffled and interogated for the loss of life of one citizen in some countries, we are conducting mass burials on daily basis here in Nigeria, and no one is held responsible for such impunities.

Fellow Nigerians, let it be clear to us that we are in no way better than those that lost their lives today or have lost their lives in situations like this in the past.
Let it be known to each and every one of us that we are in no way entitled to live even one minute longer than any of those people who lost their lives today.
No sane person goes out of his home with plans of dieing along the way, it is in no way by our power or our might that we are alive. It is strictly by the mercy of God that we are saved, let us therefore not take pleasure in taking pictures and videos from scenes, when people are in pains and anguish.

May the souls of those who lost their lives rest in the bossom of the lord, and may God grant the families the fortitude to bear the loss. Amen

We are humans, we are sensitive to the plight of fellow humans, we are different, We are Nigerians.
God save Nigeria!

Hold up, did this guy just say people should use fire extinguishers to quench a raging inferno?? Is this guy high?? I saw videos of that thing it looked like a scene straight out of hell and you want people to stop and get fire extinguishers (very few Nigerians own one in the first place) and move close to that unbearable heat and unbreathable fumes and try to put out a fire that seems to spreading and growing uncontrollably?? Wow! Clap for yourself Mr. Genius.
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by davidif: 9:12am On Jun 29, 2018
hipswrites:

Hey, don’t be sarcastic! He didn’t say crying is a solution to the mishap! He meant crying being the instant reaction to the situation- isn’t that better than snap shots or picture taking as first reaction??

Your policies-changing solution, would it bring the lives back?.
People like you have been described by Alibaba. Lawaless! When the policies are enshrined, would you not still resist its good intentions?

Appalling!!!

The recordings have struck a consciousness in the minds of the people so that this things will not be swept under the rug by the govt again.
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by tracytream: 9:20am On Jun 29, 2018
Deltatoto:
no it’s not.it will be mental sickness to vote Apc and Buhari.im happy all the evil is befalling Apc states.here in south south we are good

I don't think you are of sound mind. Please check yourself because you are a calamity in the making.

Talking APC, South South when lives are lost. People like you are the problem of Nigeria. One more thing I blame cheap DATA for your problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa And Fake Bank Statements / Pics : Ship On Fire In Lagos / Beautiful Pictures Of The New International Terminal Of Akwa Ibom Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.