Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. (2267 Views)

Orji Kalu – I’m Not Sure Nigerians Are Ready For Igbo Presidency / Kalu: I’m Not Sure Nigerians Are Ready For President Of Igbo Extraction (Video) / Throwback Video When MKO Abiola Said "He's Sure Nigerians Will Honour Him Soon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by resurgent2019: 6:09am On Jun 29, 2018
Nigerians were depressed about the tragic death caused by the delapidated trucks we put on our roads. But I am sure Nigerians will wake up this morning forgetting about those who died, and refuse to ask the authorities to implement rigorous sedated measures to protect the lives and properties of citizens. It’s not surprising, since non of our family members died in the explosion. We would go to church on Sunday for thanks giving and “serious prayers” for protection from demonic forces who want to “suck the blood” of Nigerians.

We do all these without realizing we are demons ourselves, as we have failed to do the hard work of building a viable and stable society. We let our leaders off the hook because we are a corrupt and evil people. We are just a religious people, we are neither godly nor God fearing. The developed countries who brought religion to us have evolved into a system of institutional bulwark of checks and balances where everyone does his part to make sure that society works. Religion is separated from the state.

Nigeria will continue to witness calamities since our leaders are immune from harm as their wards have been ferried off to these stable societies to study, work and live. While the masses continue to pray for God to fix Nigeria. And our men of God will keep selling false hope to us, while reaping billions of dollars in return. We never chi chumtin. When we are ready, we know what to do.

I sympathize with the families of the dead. Only them know what it feels like to lose precious lives to a system that has no regards for human lives. For the rest of us, let’s continue to “pray” and device ways to escape the many death traps in Nigeria. But for how long will we continue to do that?

Selah.

11 Likes

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by friendlyadvice: 6:13am On Jun 29, 2018
Tanker victims? What Tanker victims?
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:23am On Jun 29, 2018
This is so deep.
How I wish most people reason this Way?
Nice one OP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:23am On Jun 29, 2018
friendlyadvice:
Tanker victims? What Tanker victims?
Are you serious or just trying to be sarcastic pal?!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by Ramanto(m): 6:23am On Jun 29, 2018
What exactly is your point now?
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by teflonjake(m): 6:29am On Jun 29, 2018
Ramanto:

We are a country who forgets easily...
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by seunny4lif(m): 6:30am On Jun 29, 2018
Pray for Nigeria?
Pray for Nigeria?
Religion has killed us in this Country.
Explain to me, how we have churches more than Universities, hospitals and Roads.
Churches has taken over all the Lagos-Ibadan expressway and that's a problem.

When will Nigerians stop all this?
Our problem is not praying, even Senegal has better satefy than Nigeria.
Our problem is corruption and greediness.
Our transportation system is the worst, I have seen in Western Africa despite us having the best economy in Africa.
Our system has failed us.
People lost their lives everyday in Nigeria and the Government does nothing.
Just divide the damn country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by resurgent2019: 6:31am On Jun 29, 2018
Ramanto:

That we are not a serious country. Very simple.

The struggle continues today—only for us to lament after another tragedy. I am a Yoruba man but I now understand when Nnamdi called Nigeria a zoo. In other developed and stable climes, heads will be rolling by now for this avoidable tragedy. But in Nigeria, things go on like nothing happened. We have no value for human life. We just and die like animals. Only the rich are safe in Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by Ramanto(m): 6:33am On Jun 29, 2018
teflonjake:

We are a country who forgets easily...
Forget easily in what sense? We move on easily or we fail to act?
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by jumper524(m): 6:34am On Jun 29, 2018
why not be a patriotic Nigerian and pay your task and also encourage others to do so. just so the govt can have more money to implement more projects and policy..
all you guys do is to identify problem but giving a solution or providing one in your own little way u can't.
I tire for una Mata sef..

1 Like

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by resurgent2019: 6:34am On Jun 29, 2018
We live just by the grace of God. We can die anytime like rats in Nigeria. cry cry
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by CoolFreeday(m): 6:37am On Jun 29, 2018
what the op talk about is good but not feasible. By the time Government will say, let's correct things, the tanker drivers will start strike and Nigerians will follow and start raining abuses on those in power, so its not feasible because Nigerians don't have Patience

4 Likes

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by resurgent2019: 6:38am On Jun 29, 2018
jumper524:
why not be a patriotic Nigerian and pay your task and also encourage others to do so. just so the govt can have more money to implement more projects and policy..
all you guys do is to identify problem but giving a solution or providing one in your own little way u can't.
I tire for una Mata sef..

The country needs fundamental re-jigging. But will the north agree? I have personally decided to abandon the country when the opportunity arises. I am still here due to circumstances—ditto for millions of Nigerians. It has been a long time coming but I have finally concluded that as presently constituted, Nigeria has no hope.

It takes serious failure for almost all the population of a nation to lose hope. And that is what has happened to Nigeria. The people that still get married and give birth in this nation must be very wicked and heartless because they spare no thought for the future of those children.
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by resurgent2019: 6:39am On Jun 29, 2018
CoolFreeday:
what the op talk about is good but not feasible. By the time Government will say, let's correct things, the tanker drivers will start strike and Nigerians will follow and start raining abuses on those in power, so its not feasible because Nigerians don't have Patience

This is true. We are not ready yet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by seunny4lif(m): 6:43am On Jun 29, 2018
Only 6 people were shot dead in USA and it all over the news yet people were roasted in Lagos-Ibadan expressway and its not even on news.
No wonder most Nigerians don't return back to the country.
Our system is really worst.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by resurgent2019: 6:48am On Jun 29, 2018
If we want to even scratch the issue of solving Nigeria’s problems, southerners must be ready to fight and die. This is just the starting point. Without that, I am afraid there is no hope.

As long as southerners are not united in their quest to wrestle Nigeria from the feudalist north, there is no really no point hoping that Nigeria will be better. I won’t say more than this.
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by CoolFreeday(m): 7:17am On Jun 29, 2018
resurgent2019:

This is true. We are not ready yet.

we are not ready at all sir.
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 29, 2018
resurgent2019:
If we want to even scratch the issue of solving Nigeria’s problems, southerners must be ready to fight and die. This is just the starting point. Without that, I am afraid there is no hope.

As long as southerners are not united in their quest to wrestle Nigeria from the feudalist north, there is no really no point hoping that Nigeria will be better. I won’t say more than this.

Hahahahahaha!!

It was Ojukwu who first stood up against the sloppy rearrangement of Nigeria and ethnic cleansing under Gowon; you all teamed up with North to annihilate Eastern babies.

Decades later, Nnamdi Cownu well-understood how difficult it would be to restructure this country, so went on balkanization agenda to drive down fear on minds of Northerners to at least accept Restructuring; immediately the man went missing; calls for restructuring died natural death.

The Plateau massacre, Benue, Nasarawa, Southern Kaduna, Borno, & now Lagos(which was an avoidable accident & not ethnic cleansing) shows ineptitudeness of the FG; left for me Buhari is not in touch with what happens on ground in Nigeria; curtain has been used to cover him round by his aides while they sing praises to him, tell him lies and feed fat from inflated projects.

Very sickening to still find Yorubas supporting this failure in Buhari ahead of 2019 election. If pre-2nd term are already like this, you can imagine volcano to erupt when Buhari returns for a 2nd term.

Brace yourselves; Yoruba.
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by resurgent2019: 7:30am On Jun 29, 2018
Funnicator:

Hahahahahaha!!

It was Ojukwu who first stood up against the sloppy rearrangement of Nigeria and ethnic cleansing under Gowon; you all teamed up with North to annihilate Eastern babies.

Decades later, Nnamdi Cownu well-understood how difficult it would be to restructure this country, so went on balkanization agenda to drive down fear on minds of Northerners to at least accept Restructuring; immediately the man went missing; calls for restructuring died natural death.

The Plateau massacre, Benue, Nasarawa, Southern Kaduna, Borno, & now Lagos(which was an avoidable accident & not ethnic cleansing) shows ineptitudeness of the FG; left for me Buhari is not in touch with what happens on ground in Nigeria; curtain has been used to cover him round by his aides while they sing praises to him, tell him lies and feed fat from inflated projects.

Very sickening to still find Yorubas supporting this failure in Buhari ahead of 2019 election. If pre-2nd term are already like this, you can imagine volcano to erupt when Buhari returns for a 2nd term.

Brace yourselves; Yoruba.

Personally, I have braved myself and ditched Nigeria in the spirit. Only thing now is for Gid to provide money for it to manifest in the physical.

All one needs is determination. My children deserve better than this. Nigerians nay Yorubas can do what they want with their country. I don sign.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by ShinskeNakamura: 7:40am On Jun 29, 2018
resurgent2019:

The struggle continues today—only for us to lament after another tragedy. I am a Yoruba man but I now understand when Nnamdi called Nigeria a zoo. In other developed and stable climes, heads will be rolling by now for this avoidable tragedy. But in Nigeria, things go on like nothing happened. We have no value for human life. We just and die like animals. Only the rich are safe in Nigeria.

Chai... Chai.... So u people now believe in Nnamdi Kanu? Chai.... God of the heavenly virtues. What this man saw and was liberating people.... Mainly Yoruba people pulled him down...

Chai!
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by earthsync(f): 7:41am On Jun 29, 2018
I saw comments on nairaland and facebook about people thanking God for sparing their lives cause they were going to go through that route or they pass through that route all the time and God somehow saved them so I asked one on facebook if those that died didn't deserve to be saved by God and she was like they didn't serve God enough and I asked what about those school kid and she kept quiet. Our mentality is so sick. On Sunday people would go to church and give testimonies and thanksgiving on how they were at the site and God 'saved' them and people would rejoice with them. Then they'd pray for Nigeria like it had ever solved anything. We are the most religious and yet look at where we are. It's high time we seperate religion from reality and fight for what is ours or we'll have nothing to fight for.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by anonymuz(m): 7:41am On Jun 29, 2018
resurgent2019:

my brother that's has been Nigeria problem from the beginning.we quickly adapt to anything and that's why things are not working fine.
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by resurgent2019: 7:50am On Jun 29, 2018
anonymuz:
my brother that's has been Nigeria problem from the beginning.we quickly adapt to anything and that's why things are not working fine.

Me, I am tired already. I only pray for God’s protection till a miracle happens.
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by resurgent2019: 7:51am On Jun 29, 2018
ShinskeNakamura:

Chai... Chai.... So u people now believe in Nnamdi Kanu? Chai.... God of the heavenly virtues. What this man saw and was liberating people.... Mainly Yoruba people pulled him down...

Chai!

My brother, shame catch me ooo but I wholly agree with mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by ShinskeNakamura: 7:57am On Jun 29, 2018
resurgent2019:

My brother, shame catch me ooo but I wholly agree with mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

Just yesterday, there was another accident. What did you notice about these trailer with container?

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:57am On Jun 29, 2018
Nigeria cannot and will never be a Nation.
When u keep wild beasts and decent human being together in a serengeti....that is what u get.

With the Northern HausaFulaniMuslims and Southerners, it only a matter of time.
Afghanistan and Somalia are living example of what would befall us.
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by UncleJudax(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2018
Some will tell you how they serve a living God after escaping death...so those who died serve a dead God?

I don't have the statistics, but there are people who have made the above statement and still died in another mishap.

A dysfunctional system is what it is...you may escape today...but the problem is still there and may swallow you next time.

The leadership in Nigeria should be overhauled. Let's wake up.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by freeze001(f): 8:05am On Jun 29, 2018
resurgent2019:

Really? grin cheesy
Now u understand? Y'all thought he just wanted to call u animals in the literal sense and couldn't bear to imagine ur dear beloved Nigeria referred to as a controlled space inhabited by wild animals right? Simple figurative expression and y'all were frothing at the mouth like people afflicted by convulsions.

Una neva jam!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by freeze001(f): 8:10am On Jun 29, 2018
resurgent2019:

How can there be unity when all u think n imagine is that Igbos hate Yorubas and want to take over their land? If they spearhead any movement na una go scatter am with standard slimy betrayal! I wonder really! Next u will be bothered that Igbos are 'loud and proud'. How that affects what should be a common goal is what I'm yet to fathom.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by UncleJudax(m): 8:12am On Jun 29, 2018
CoolFreeday:
You mean the same Government that increased fuel pump price by more than 100%, people protested and Nothing happened?

Lol. They don't care about you. Simple!
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 29, 2018
earthsync:
I saw comments on nairaland and facebook about people thanking God for sparing their lives cause they were going to go through that route or they pass through that route all the time and God somehow saved them so I asked one on facebook if those that died didn't deserve to be saved by God and she was like they didn't serve God enough and I asked what about those school kid and she kept quiet. Our mentality is so sick. On Sunday people would go to church and give testimonies and thanksgiving on how they were at the site and God 'saved' them and people would rejoice with them. Then they'd pray for Nigeria like it had ever solved anything. We are the most religious and yet look at where we are. It's high time we seperate religion from reality and fight for what is ours or we'll have nothing to fight for.

Nigerian christians are the biggest hypocrites in the world with their warped reasoning.
Re: I Am Sure Nigerians Have Forgetten About The tanker Victims. by UncleJudax(m): 8:13am On Jun 29, 2018
freeze001:

How can there be unity when all u think n imagine is that Igbos hate Yorubas and want to take over their land? If they spearhead any movement na una go scatter am with standard slimy betrayal! I wonder really! Next u will be bothered that Igbos are 'loud and proud'. How that affects what should be a common goal is what I'm yet to fathom.
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shock Report!!! Cupp Reveals Why President Buhari Rushed To China… Secret Plot O / Has Father Mbaka Been Vindicated? / Wike Put Photos Of Atiku & Obi In His Office Instead Of Buhari (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.