Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Pray For Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pray For Nigeria (255 Views)

Clem Ohameze Sickness: Nollywood Star, Urges Nigerians To Pray For Him / Teach For Nigeria Recruitment / [new Music] : The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar – Pray For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pray For Nigeria by bennywyse(m): 6:45am On Jun 29, 2018
Ogagun Dende left home happily; rest assured to put a smile on mummy Junior's face when he returns home at night he said to himself "today is going to be a great day, I'll pay the house rent, pay off the  debt accumulated at mama Biliki's shop as a result of collecting 'aawin ounje' in anticipation of the payday". He said to himself "I'll buy Junior the bicycle I've promised him for months and change his school from Ogbondoroko L.G.E.A School to Royals International college"; as a good man,  he made plans of sending some money to 'mama ręrę' as he fondly called his old mother in the village so she can pay her hospital bills and get herself some decent meals before she finally dies. Ogagun Dende had so many good thoughts towards his friends and family that he didn't even remember that he needed to change his faded denim pant and the already flat-soled timberland he uses on site. He finally got to his destination after a stressful journey, he was warmly welcomed by the secretary  and was directed to the Director's office. The Director apologized for the delay in paying him for the contract he executed 2 years ago claiming it was as a result of the change in power then paid him in cash for the contract he sold everything he had to complete since it was said that he needed to complete the project before he could get paid. He was so happy and his eyes were filled with joyful tears; he thought in his mind that " it was worth it after all, at last I'm out of poverty!". He rushed out of the premises as fast as he could so as to get home and break the good news to his wife and also fulfil his promises, he had no time to waste so he boarded the first danfo he saw without knowing the tragedy that was about happening. Just about 12 minutes into the journey, he heard a sound of explosion, he knew that was the last sound he was going to hear. Just seconds after the great sound he saw a flood of fire rushing towards the danfo he was in, at that point he knew there was nothing he could do and sorrowful tears began rolling down the face of the man who was filled with joy just few minutes ago, he cried not just because he was dying but mainly because of the number of lives that would be rendered meaningless because of his tragic death.....
There were so many Ogagun Dendes involved in that accident today and we can only pray to God to grant their families fortitude to bear the loss because the darkness in their souls is thicker than the smoke from the explosion.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Having Gift Card You Can Turn Them To Cash / Stop Depending On Social Media For News About Nigeria – Minister Tells Diaspora / Check Out The 3D Design And The End Result After Implementation Below....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.