Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Otedola Bridge Fire: Survivors Narrate Tales Of Lucky Escape - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Otedola Bridge Fire: Survivors Narrate Tales Of Lucky Escape (636 Views)

Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped / Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Otedola Bridge Fire: Survivors Narrate Tales Of Lucky Escape by chidima2019: 7:04am On Jun 29, 2018
One Adewale Adesanya, a survivor of the Otedola Bridge fire which occurred on Thursday, June 28, has disclosed how he escaped from the terrible inferno. In an interview with Vanguard, the lucky survivor said he never envisaged that the fuel tanker which caused the fire would experience any brake failure.

Akelicious.net gathers that he stated that the tanker fell and began spilling its contents, after the brake failure occurred. According to Adesanya, immediately he noticed the highly combustible liquid spilling on the road and approaching his vehicle, he ran out and crossed over to the other side. He said: “Due to the state of the road, I saw the content spilling towards my vehicle with fire accompanying it. So I quickly ran out of the vehicle and crossed to the other side to avoid been caught in the inferno.” Another commuter, one Michael Simon, whose car was among the vehicles which got burnt in the inferno, stated: “I am happy I didn’t die while trying to escape from the scene. I tried maneuvering my vehicle to avoid been burnt, but my efforts proved abortive.

A female eyewitness, one Maria Oje, while in tears, described her escape as the handwork of God. She stated that she saw how some motorists tried to escape, but did not make it. In her words: “One of them, who was on fire, fell down, as he could not run any longer. Nobody could rescue them as everyone was also running for dear life.”

The spokesman, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Kehinde Adebayo, confirmed the incident, stressing that four persons sustained various degrees of injury.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/06/otedola-bridge-fire-survivors-narrate.html

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Survivors Narrate Tales Of Lucky Escape by Paperwhite(m): 7:44am On Jun 29, 2018
You're not lucky people.God spared your lives for reasons best know to Him alone.
"It's not by power nor by might but by my spirit says the Lord".
-"The race is not to the swift nor the battle to the mighty but time & chance happened to them all"

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge Fire: Survivors Narrate Tales Of Lucky Escape by otokx(m): 7:54am On Jun 29, 2018
Paperwhite:
You're not lucky people.God spared your lives for reasons best know to Him alone.
"It's not by power nor by might but by my spirit says the Lord".
-"The race is not to the swift nor the battle to the mighty but time & chance happened to them all"

Africans always quick to call God yet they are all out of the world cup.

(1) (Reply)

Otedola Bridge Fire: Lagos Uncovers What Will Happen To Truck Proprietor, Driver / Student visa for Phd Admission Or PR In Canada: Best Option For A Family Of 5 / See How Beautiful This Ghana Beach Hotel Is.. You Should Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.