Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,960 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

PDP Declares Seven Days Of Mourning FOR Victims In Plateau Attack,,, But Why??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Declares Seven Days Of Mourning FOR Victims In Plateau Attack,,, But Why??? (354 Views)

Edo 2024: PDP Declares Asue Ighodalo As Governorship Candidate / Zabarmari: ‘we Informed The Military Of Coming Attack But Nothing Was Done’ / Port Harcourt Crowd Goes Crazy As PDP Declares Atiku Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PDP Declares Seven Days Of Mourning FOR Victims In Plateau Attack,,, But Why??? by Wizaugpet(m): 7:43am On Jun 29, 2018
WHY MUST PDP DECLARE SEVEN DAYS OF MOURNING FOR THE VICTIMS IN PLATEAU ATTACK

The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has
declared a mourning period of seven days for the
victims of attacks in Plateau State and other
parts of the country.
'
Now,,, my Question is, why should PDP take a sevenday break just to mourn those Victims...
'
When PDP were in Power, I never heard them going for a Break to mourn the death of terrorised Nigerians....
Why Must they do it now
'
I Posted something last on a Facebook Group about Super eagles Lazy style of Play, and someone commented about The continuous Killings and wasting of Innocent Souls in the country... And the guy was like,,, *1 "Have u asked yourself who is responsible for Herdsmen" *2 "He told Donald Trump that they are from Lybia that they are not Terrorists... *3 "That same Bokoharam are the same Herdsmen"...
So I decided to clear his Bush by first asking him, "What do u Understand about Politics"? ...
'
U see one thing, lets all learn to think outside the Box...
I told him, "Do u know that an Opposing Party can do anything to kill the trust of the people for the present Government?"
They can go around causing Menace in the country so that the people will keep blaming the present Government...?
'
And that takes us back to the Topic of this Article,,,,
'
"Why must PDP be so affected in the Killings in Plateau that they should Conduct a Sevenday Mourning exercise?"
'
Mr. Abasifreke Idiong, My Lecturer from The University of Uyo replied me, Thus;

"Na their cunny way. They don't genuinely seek an end to the carnage. All both parties want is either how to hold unto power or return to power. Simple. They want to return to power on the blood of innocent Nigerians. But Nigerian's are wiser and cannot be hoodwinked by cheap antics. Politicians are not sincere. The events are grim enough and they are sarcastically shedding crocodile tears and declaring 7days of scoring cheap political points. They see nothing wrong in dancing on the graves of the dead, playing cheap, infantile politics. IT'S A MOCKERY ON THE DEAD!

WHY NOT ALLOW THE DEAD REST IN PEACE? WHO IS DECEIVING WHO?

WHERE WAS THE PDP AND WHY DID THEY NOT DECLARE ANY SUCH MOURNING DAYS DURING THE THEIR 16 LOCUST YEARS OF SOME SAVAGE AND BRUTAL KILLINGS BETWEEN 1999 AND 2015?

I don't support these senseless killings, but the hypocrisy and insincerity of these guys are nauseating. PDP isn't honest, APC is no Saint!
- November 20, 1999. Odi, in Bayelsa State, was invaded on orders of a PDP President. About 2,500 people killed. No national mourning.

- Between February and May, 2000, about 5,000 people were killed during riots over Sharia law in different parts of the North. No national mourning.

- In 2001, hundreds of people, including the old infirm, women and children were killed in Zaki Biam. No crocodile tears.

- Between September 7-12, 2001, Jos, Plateau State, erupted in internecine killings. Between 500 and 1,000 people were killed. Flags were not flown at half mast.

- In February, 2004, at least 975 people were killed in Yelwa-Shendam, Plateau State. No mourning by the then ruling PDP.

- Between November 28 and 29, 2008, Jos was in flames again, with 381 deaths. No mourning.

- In 2010, 992 people killed in Jos. Mum was the word.

- In 2014 alone, according to Global Terrorism Index, at least 1,229 people were killed in the Middle Belt. No mourning.

- Boko Haram killings in PDP years were over 10,000. PDP flags were still fluttering proudly in the sky.

MY CONCERN ISN'T ABOUT PDP DECLARING WHATEVER, I'M WORRIED ABOUT THE MOCKERY, THE INSINCERITY, THE SYCOPHANCY.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Guber: Fayemi Rubbishes Fayose’s White Paper Banning Him From Election / Abacha Loot: Fashola Reveals How Much Buhari Approves For Rehabilitation Of Road / 2019 Will Determine Future Of Igbo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.