Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe (1933 Views)

Breaking-ipob: Judge Refuses To Order Senator Abaribe’s Release / DSS Releases Senator Abaribe From Detention / PDP Sends Delegates To DSS Over Arrest Of Senator Abaribe, Suswam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by 14Ebiscoo: 10:01am On Jun 29, 2018
The lawmaker representing Abia south senatorial district, senator Enyinnaya Harcourt Abaribe, Thursday, alleged that the federal government under the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, was fast descending into tyranny in the country.

Abaribe, who is a chieftain of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, said this while on a courtesy visit to the National headquarters of the party at Wuse, Abuja.

Briefing newsmen, Abaribe said, “This ruling government is fast descending into tyranny knowing that it has disappointed the nation.

“I came to thank the National Working Committee, NWC, of my party and particularly the National chairman, Prince Uche Secondus for their great show of support while I was undergoing my ordeal of dirty politics in the hands of the operatives of the Department of State service, DSS.”

It would be recalled that the lawmaker was recently released from the facility of DSS over issues concerning the leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, whom he stood as his surety.

Kanu was charged with treason by the federal government. But a few weeks to the next adjourned date, a troop of soldiers on a special security assignment in the south east raided the secessionist leader’s country home in Abia State.

Consequently, the whereabouts of Kanu has remained unknown. But the federal government held it on Abaribe to produce the suspect.

When grilled on why he was arrested, Abaribe said he was rather accused of sponsoring terrorism.

In his words, “Everybody knew I only signed a bail bond. But I was accused of sponsoring terrorism. It means Nigerians should be ready and careful because a every little thing you do, they will incriminate you. They will find something to hang on your head.”

When asked whether or not he trusts the credibility of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, for the 2019 general elections, he said, “INEC is on the brink of history, what it will do or not will be a defining moment for the nation.

“I will urge the voters to get their permanent voters Card to vote out the APC come 2019.”

Abaribe, however, recalled that he was treated courteously because some patriotic DSS operatives knew what was happening.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/federal-government-fast-descending-into.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by debaj10: 10:09am On Jun 29, 2018
shu!!
u stii get mout?!
shocked
bubu, Coman c sontin!!

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by SalamRushdie: 10:09am On Jun 29, 2018
They arrested a sitting senator for sponsoring terrorism of a non violent group called IPOB that has not still killed even a bush that in Nigeria till date but certified terrorist who claim to have killed over 500 people this year alone because of cattles are still roaming free na d giving press interviews like rockstars.... God dey sha

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by freeze001(f): 10:14am On Jun 29, 2018
APC and this FG! Their end is near.
If they have a problem with a serving senator serving as surety what was the intention of the court in giving such a condition for bail? Besides was he d only one that signed as surety? Why didn't they arrest others if they were being honest in their jobs?

Everything is now politics of intimidation and harassment. At this rate it is clear that the era of assassinations and forced, unexplained disappearances is already at hand.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 29, 2018
He is right you know cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by flames01: 10:18am On Jun 29, 2018
debaj10:
shu!!

u stii get mout?!

shocked

bubu, Coman c sontin!!

Did you just receive your BMC alert? Is that why you keep on commenting like someone bitten by a rabid dog?

5 Likes

Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by uwa1(m): 10:20am On Jun 29, 2018
Oga kontinue.... because

If you talk, you die... If you don't talk, you die... You better talk and die.
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by magoo10(m): 10:22am On Jun 29, 2018

When grilled on why he was arrested, Abaribe said he was rather accused of sponsoring terrorism.

Abaribe was arrested for the simple reason of being vocal against this tyrant government or when has it been a crime to stand surety for someone as demanded by the courts .

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by Mylove55(f): 10:23am On Jun 29, 2018
Abaribe the terrorist is talking.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by magoo10(m): 10:23am On Jun 29, 2018
You arrest him for terrorism and could not charge him to court. Pure foolishness

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by bobnatlo(m): 10:24am On Jun 29, 2018
These are no leaders!
Never there to protect the interest of the people!!
Leaching on and impoverishing the people they are meant to protect. But ever ready to Shout for the people support when things go wrong against them.
While the FG is as clueless as ever. They don't know the definition of terrorist n can't even recognize one.
Get ur PVC to salvage what's left of our country's future!!

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by AngryRebel: 10:30am On Jun 29, 2018
The stupid Buhari and his idiotic pigs of supporters have been put to shame. The Senator has finally won against them. What a barbaric set of filthy n worthless cockroaches, they will support n provide protection to the Fulani's killing innocent civilians. Demons in the seat of power.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by Mylove55(f): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2018
uwa1:
Oga kontinue.... because

If you talk, you die... If you don't talk, you die... You better talk and die.

you are right, he better be talking.

But the talk will not stop his ass from jail.
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by Mylove55(f): 10:34am On Jun 29, 2018
bobnatlo:
These are no leaders!
Never there to protect the interest of the people!!
Leaching on and impoverishing the people they are meant to protect. But ever ready to Shout for the people support when things go wrong against them.
While the FG is as clueless as ever. They don't know the definition of terrorist n can't even recognize one.
Get ur PVC to salvage what's left of our country's future!!
what did you know about terrorism.
Don't you know God hate rebellious people.
And anyone that rebels against the government is a terrorist.
So, abaribe is a terrorist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by kcmichael: 10:48am On Jun 29, 2018
Abaribe is suffering from iberiberism,go to Abia state and see what abaribe and his co travelers have done to Abia for 19 years,.U can imagine how they rigged apga out using federal might ,in 2019 Apga is Abia state.we shall push this thieves out of Abia state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by bobnatlo(m): 11:05am On Jun 29, 2018
Mylove55:
Pls kindly listen to urself first
So this is ur definition or terrorrism, rebellion??
So u mean that disagreeing with or criticising the govt is eq
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by bobnatlo(m): 11:13am On Jun 29, 2018
Mylove55:
Pls kindly listen to urself first!
So u mean that disagreeing with or criticising the govt is equal to terrorism? Especially in a multi-ethnic/religious/lingual nation like here??
I hail from d east, grew up in middle belt, schooled in Northeast, lived in northwest, worked in jos and kaduna. Currently run my company in Southwest.
What I can simply tell u is to travel more from where u are, then u will discover that we are damn too diverse in this country and may never always agree.

Abaribe could be arrested by d order of d court on d ground of his absconded surety period and nothing else.

U think those northern govs dancing in Abuja n campaigning for 2nd term, while people are killed recklessly in their domain, are friends of president & Nigeria??

Many of them support d president openly but in private are wishing he's not contesting. Because if PMB is not contesting now, will El-rufai, Massarri n others not be seriously considered for presidency by APC??
Abaribe is a different breed, from another stork. From where he comes? Both elders, father's, brothers, presidents etc are told the truth to their face when they mess-up.
They speak truth to power whether in aso-rock or white house or anywhere.
Yes he's still one of our greedy senator that impoverishes the people he's to represent. But in this case, FG goffed period.
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by Jax1: 11:15am On Jun 29, 2018
Abaribe is man of the moment. The Pharoah in aso rock who sponsors terrorism clandestinely is naturally powerless to defeat the truth which u stood for.

Mr Abaribe, I have a promise for you. A Pharoah can never defeat a Moses in the battle of supremacy. Bank on my word
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 29, 2018
Mylove55:

buhari pikin..

like father like son cry
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by Mylove55(f): 11:25am On Jun 29, 2018
bobnatlo:

Pls kindly listen to urself first!
So u mean that disagreeing with or criticising the govt is equal to terrorism? Especially in a multi-ethnic/religious/lingual nation like here??
I hail from d east, grew up in middle belt, schooled in Northeast, lived in northwest, worked in jos and kaduna. Currently run my company in Southwest.
What I can simply tell u is to travel from where u are, then u will discover that we damn too diverse
as worst as Syria government, those opposing and disagreed with the government are called rebels sponsor by Obama to oust the bad government.
But Putin said, those rebels sponsor by Obama are the Isis of today.

The thugs sponsor by sheriff are the boko haram of today.
The thugs sponsor by saraki and Dino are deadly arm robbers today.

The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra abaribe sign bail bond for are now the terrorist today.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 29, 2018
pure tyranny.
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by lastmessenger: 11:29am On Jun 29, 2018
Abaribe we the good people of abia state are solidly behind you. Carry on your good work
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by Omeokachie: 11:32am On Jun 29, 2018
Fast descending or is already swimming and feeding fat in anarchy and tyranny?
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by pontaboki1: 11:32am On Jun 29, 2018
Idiotic pig from Fouta Djallon
Mylove55:
you are right, he better be talking.

But the talk will not stop his ass from jail.
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by Tarzan360(m): 11:35am On Jun 29, 2018
The reason the wise ones says, ( let the sleeping dog sleep ) This current propaganda trial of sitting senator in Nigeria will open many books and at the end many people in this country playing dirty politics will go down
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by Hofbrauhaus(m): 11:38am On Jun 29, 2018
Mylove55:

Terry, face your kisok and keep shut!
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by bobnatlo(m): 11:45am On Jun 29, 2018
Mylove55:
as worst as Syria government, those opposing and disagreed with the government are called rebels sponsor by Obama to oust the bad government.
But Putin said, those rebels sponsor by Obama are the Isis of today.

The thugs sponsor by sheriff are the boko haram of today.
The thugs sponsor by saraki and Dino are deadly arm robbers today.

The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra abaribe sign bail bond for are now the terrorist today.

Leave matters of international politics because u r not too knowledgeable there.

Asad was using un banned chemical weapons on common Syria citizens probably used as cover by d rebels.

Most nigerian politicians use thugs including APC chiefs ( Amaechi, Ngige, fashola, Ganduge etc).
I don't approve of what saraki is doin. Arming young graduates instead of empowering them with jobs n finance is a great evil. Infact saraki n d likes of him is d reason y Nigeria is like this. But to single him out because he's not singing the praise of the president is a tremendous foolishness on d part of those doing it n supporting same.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Same should apply to all.
Read this report of Kano state n APC chiefs some days ago on NL:
https://www.nairaland.com/4586442/armed-youths-mob-governor-dignitaries

Even on d issue of thuggery, the president is not even free. Because there politicians that use n empower thugs n there r others that by there body language encourage them. Pls tell me, who were the thugs killing n raping corppers in 2011, when PMB lost election n was crying on natl television??

On ur comments on Biafra n iPob. I can only laugh at ur ignorance.
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by Balyz: 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
14Ebiscoo:
The lawmaker representing Abia south senatorial district, senator Enyinnaya Harcourt Abaribe, Thursday, alleged that the federal government under the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, was fast descending into tyranny in the country.

Abaribe, who is a chieftain of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, said this while on a courtesy visit to the National headquarters of the party at Wuse, Abuja.

Briefing newsmen, Abaribe said, “This ruling government is fast descending into tyranny knowing that it has disappointed the nation.

“I came to thank the National Working Committee, NWC, of my party and particularly the National chairman, Prince Uche Secondus for their great show of support while I was undergoing my ordeal of dirty politics in the hands of the operatives of the Department of State service, DSS.”

It would be recalled that the lawmaker was recently released from the facility of DSS over issues concerning the leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, whom he stood as his surety.

Kanu was charged with treason by the federal government. But a few weeks to the next adjourned date, a troop of soldiers on a special security assignment in the south east raided the secessionist leader’s country home in Abia State.

Consequently, the whereabouts of Kanu has remained unknown. But the federal government held it on Abaribe to produce the suspect.

In his words, “Everybody knew I only signed a bail bond. But I was accused of sponsoring terrorism. It means Nigerians should be ready and careful because a every little thing you do, they will incriminate you. They will find something to hang on your head.”

When asked whether or not he trusts the credibility of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, for the 2019 general elections, he said, “INEC is on the brink of history, what it will do or not will be a defining moment for the nation.

“I will urge the voters to get their permanent voters Card to vote out the APC come 2019.”

Abaribe, however, recalled that he was treated courteously because some patriotic DSS operatives knew what was happening.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/federal-government-fast-descending-into.html
So this terrorist supporting senator still get mouth to talk abi? E be like say the DSS people never reset him brain well. Perhaps Kuje watery beans can grin grin
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by VanBommel(m): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2018
We know that
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by Gozzzy(m): 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
debaj10:
shu!!
u stii get mout?!
shocked
bubu, Coman c sontin!!
enwe ofia
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by orisa37: 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2018
You're right.
Re: Federal Government Fast Descending Into Tyranny – Senator Abaribe by shallysgirl: 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
Mylove55:
At least he isn't a Headslamming slave or killer of defenceless mother and children. He values human lives more than cows and my friend, that's a forward looking and progressive person.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

River's APC Leaders Angry As Amaechi Anoints Tonye Dele Cole As Guber Candidate / "Nigerians Join Me To Sack Both Pdp And Apc" - Obj / Jonathan Paid For The Airport Terminal In Full- Fmr Aviation Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.