Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki (963 Views)

Supreme Court Stops FG From Ceding 17 Oil Wells To Imo / FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" / Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki by Osabass: 4:42pm On Jun 29, 2018
Edo State government has said that it has not ceded land, in any part of the state to anyone, for ranching project.

Governor Godwin Obaseki made the clarification in a statement issued on Friday in Benin City, the state capital.

According to Obaseki, “The Edo State Government wishes to clarify that it has not ceded any land, in any part of the state, for ranching project to anyone.”
He explained: “my administration recognises that animal husbandry is a form of business which is done by private individuals, and the state government does not, as a matter of policy, directly engage in business.”

The governor reiterated that under his watch “the Edo State Government will remain an enabler of businesses through policies, incentives and laws and will continue to play this role to attract private investments that will create jobs for our teeming population.”

He however noted that “private individuals and groups that have submitted proposals to get involved in animal husbandry, will receive the support of the federal government through the Edo State government for the success of their businesses.”

The governor enjoined Edo people to ignore effort by some individuals to give political colouration to every government policy.

Source: http://thebellng.com/edo-state-govt-not-ceding-any-land-for-ranching-obaseki/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki by CChillz: 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2018
Re: Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki by saaron(m): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2018
Good development. If land will be giving to terrorist herders, then land should also be given to pig famers in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kano, Katsina etc.

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki by Davido324(m): 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2018
4get say dis man ugly, he still get some sense nt dat foolish bubu
Re: Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki by thesicilian: 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
Thank you Sir.
Why any right thinking governor would want to give public land for a private business is what I don't understand.
Re: Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki by statusquoante: 5:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
Nice one!

1 Like

Re: Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki by bobnatlo(m): 6:13pm On Jun 29, 2018
Making sense Gov!!!
Re: Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki by Ra88: 7:23pm On Jun 29, 2018
The sooner we realize Nigeria is a failed project and will never work the better for us.

We the South South should secede from the fraud called Nigeria.

Nigeria means bondage. Nothing good will come out of it.

The only thing that surprises me is we still have people from South South and especially my state, Edo State who still think and see Nigeria as their country.

NIGERIA BELONGS TO HAUSA / FULANI.

Stop deceiving yourselves. Oh! Who will save my people from stupidity!

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki by Omololu2121: 7:48pm On Jun 29, 2018
Ra88:
The sooner we realize Nigeria is a failed project and will never work the better for us.

The only thing that surprises me is we still have people from South South and especially my state, Edo State who still think and see Nigeria as their country.

i fully support the disintegration of this hellhole called Nigeria, but what stop GEJ a man from the south south from working towards the collapse of Nigeria?
Re: Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki by DrGoodman: 7:52pm On Jun 29, 2018
Ra88:

Blame Steve adaka boro and Kenule saro wiwa who sold the south south to northern slavery.
Re: Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki by DrGoodman: 7:54pm On Jun 29, 2018
Omololu2121:
i fully support the disintegration of this hellhole called Nigeria, but what stop GEJ a man from the south south from working towards the collapse of Nigeria?

Gej did his best within the confines of the law.

What have you done yourself since then?

You must have voted APC in last election? grin

Did you not stand against Nnamdi Kanu?

1 Like

Re: Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki by Omololu2121: 8:13pm On Jun 29, 2018
DrGoodman:

Gej did his best within the confines of the law.

What have you done yourself since then?

You must have voted APC in last election? grin

Did you not stand against Nnamdi Kanu?
GEJ didn't nothing, in fact in the early days of his administration he said there is nothing wrong with the constitution of Nigeria and believes there is no need negotiating about the unity of Nigeria.

It was when he saw he was gonna lose the 2015 presidential election the mumu started working towards a useless SNC.

I was against the foolish nnamdi KANU,cause he was spreading hateful words against my people.why can't he support a Igbo political party that will go for election win all the governorship election and federal/state house of assembly election in the south east and push for referendum from there.

I want Nigeria to divide, but I don't want people to die unnecessary death.

Just imagine yeebos killing non indigenes In the south east,and westerners/northerners also reciprocate the gestures,there will be total anarchy.

Only God will save any Igbo man that founds himself in the south west or north, that's how it's gonna be for a Yoruba or Hausa man that founds himself in the wrong region
Re: Edo State Govt. Not Ceding Any Land For Ranching – Obaseki by ANOWEDGREAT: 9:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
Osabass:
Edo State government has said that it has not ceded land, in any part of the state to anyone, for ranching project.

Governor Godwin Obaseki made the clarification in a statement issued on Friday in Benin City, the state capital.

According to Obaseki, “The Edo State Government wishes to clarify that it has not ceded any land, in any part of the state, for ranching project to anyone.”
He explained: “my administration recognises that animal husbandry is a form of business which is done by private individuals, and the state government does not, as a matter of policy, directly engage in business.”

The governor reiterated that under his watch “the Edo State Government will remain an enabler of businesses through policies, incentives and laws and will continue to play this role to attract private investments that will create jobs for our teeming population.”

He however noted that “private individuals and groups that have submitted proposals to get involved in animal husbandry, will receive the support of the federal government through the Edo State government for the success of their businesses.”

The governor enjoined Edo people to ignore effort by some individuals to give political colouration to every government policy.

Source: http://thebellng.com/edo-state-govt-not-ceding-any-land-for-ranching-obaseki/

I thought Edo state have been conquered by uthman Dan fodio decendants?

(1) (Reply)

Pst Esther Martins Saiyou For House Of Assembly Yelga 2, Flooded Bayelsa State / Governor Ajimobi's Daughter, Abisola Kola-daisy, Shares Sexy Swimwear Photos / Lagos 2019: Babajide Sanwo-olu VS Jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.