Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos (47361 Views)

One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash / First Bank Faulks Road, Aba Destroyed By Thugs (Video, Photos) / Endsars Protester Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Kubwa, Abuja (disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by histemple: 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2018
Angelanest:
According to multiple reports, there is chaos in Onitsha, the commercial city of Anambra state after a main was killed earlier today around Main Market axis. According to information gathered by National Helm, the deceased was said to be a married business who was allegedly stabbed to death by a group of thugs and cultists while trying to extort a motorcyclist also known as Okada rider.

The man was reported to have defended the Okada rider as the Ikanga group of touts along with their chairman were trying to extort money from him.

The man threatened to lock the touts up in prison as he came to the rescue of the Okada man.

The hoodlums got angry and pounced on him - beaten him mercilessly. They stabbed him with bottles, knives and the weapons they could lay their hands on and left him to die in the pool of his blood.

This sparked outrage among the business community as traders shut all shops in the country's largest market to protest the death.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/onitsha-main-market-shut-down-after-businessman-is-stabbed-to-death-by-thugs-photos.html

Very poor command of the English language.

1 Like

Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by icon007(m): 7:23pm On Jun 29, 2018
I don't know what this country is turning to. It was bodija in Ibadan first and now Onitsha. Incidents that shouldn't have lead to loss of lives. This mouth alone, too many lives lost unnecessarily. God have mercy. The Lagos-Ibadan express accident also comes to bear. RIP to the dead.
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Ugo4hotish(m): 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
as an Owerri man, I hate Onitsha fools. Onitsha is the capital of lawlessness in Nigeria. every corner of onitsha is filled with thugs, criminals and touts. that's why many igbos love and respect Owerri and Enugu. Hardly do you see nonsense news happening in Owerri apart from the stupidity of Rochas.

2 Likes

Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by mavinc4u(f): 7:37pm On Jun 29, 2018
This is not Onitsha I know because I know people would have gathered those tout and beat them to comma. I don't believe this story. When did those tout start carrying and using knife to fight? I just hope this story is not true.
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Afamed: 7:37pm On Jun 29, 2018
cytell56:

That is the change APC has brought o!!!
Radio Biafra has done more harms than good to you people.

2 Likes

Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Hargbo(m): 7:42pm On Jun 29, 2018
kestolove95:
Biafra lazy yoots..
الله يغفر لك

1 Like

Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2018
lawless shithole!
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by pally123: 7:45pm On Jun 29, 2018
SUPERPACK:
so they were watching and observing when the touts were beating up the man, no one tried to help the man, they waited for him to die, only to start protesting as usual. COWARDS
1000 likes

2 Likes

Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by tfelicityk(m): 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2018
This is pathetic... Touts fighting only one man and people there could not help the man out until the touts hacks the man to death. Where is one love they preach?

1 Like

Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2018
My sympathy goes to the family of the deceased onitsha 2day was left in a state of turbulence for we residence wanted to ply main mrkt 2day but was advised by a keke man about situation on ground so have to cancel the plan, later went to a friends shop within the neighborhood, some hours later angry youths storm the streets burning tires and demanding closing of shops but police later restore normacy....
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Kingdollar28(m): 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2018
SUPERPACK:
so they were watching and observing when the touts were beating up the man, no one tried to help the man, they waited for him to die, only to start protesting as usual. COWARDS

Ewu if you dy dia... Wetin u 4 do??

Fight cultists??
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 29, 2018
Ugo4hotish:
as an Owerri man, I hate Onitsha fools. Onitsha is the capital of lawlessness in Nigeria. every corner of onitsha is filled with thugs, criminals and yours. that's why many igbos love and respect Owerri and Enugu. Hardly do you see nonsense news happening in Owerri apart from the stupidity of Rochas.
very true! onitsha is full with Ignorant, violent and Illiterate jobless touts.

2 Likes

Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2018
tfelicityk:
This is pathetic... Touts fighting only one man and people there could not help the man out until the touts hacks the man to death. Where is one love they preach?
It's very Sad, on sunday the touts the murderers and all the people who stood by and watch the man murdered will go to church and pray to their so called God for prosperity and blessings grin

3 Likes

Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 29, 2018
Olanipereku:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash
first of all read and understand
Stop behaving like a sophisticated molon
is this Rubbish supposed to make sense?

1 Like

Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by uba1991: 8:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
pigs killing pigs no problem

2 Likes

Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by audition: 8:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
He is known as IKANDA and is so notorious.
The boy has been terrrorizing main market as a whole unabated and the Government kept mum all this while.i think today marks his end because the traders are currently clamouring for his head.

Even the Government and it's cohorts can't save him this Time.
He has single handedly scared customers off the market.

The traders needs him dead or alive

1 Like

Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Emycord: 8:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
AlexJ1:
It was said that this business man (an Onitsha indigene) just left his shop on a bike towards Bida road. It was on that road that the Okadaman accidentally brushed that Ikanga's vehicle. He slapped the Okadaman multiple times and this business man the Okadaman was conveying challenge Ikanga. Ikanga slapped the man and he returned the slap. Ikanga called his boys and they started beating the man. It was said that the man pleaded with them that his wife just recently put to birth but his pleas fell on deaf ears. They took him away from the initial scene to their hood. That was where he was beaten to stupor and was brought back to the initial scene, almost lifeless. Good Samaritans who had witnessed it all took him to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. They brought him back to the initial scene and took off for their dear lives.
you are mad
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by postmann: 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2018
kestolove95:
Biafra lazy yoots..

Whatever happened that turned you into this hateful bigot got the better of you.
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by ArahCharles: 8:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
I was there life. So pathetic to experience such chaos.
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Born2Breed(f): 8:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
Thugs everywhere.

They are the same Lagos, Ibadan, Benin ,Aba ,Onitsha,Kano....criminals them all..
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
If only he obeyed the book of 1 Thessalonians 4:11.
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Princenady(m): 8:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
Na so umu Ikanda harass me d other day bcoz I saw dem driving their bike towards me and I didn't run while others were running. I spoke to them in d language dey understood and apologized for not running o b4 dey entered Dia bike and zoomed off.
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Dreydoe(m): 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2018
In Nigeria. The government ride on u, The police& military harrass and step on ur rights, the fellow people who are suppose to come together &unite and tackle this lunacy system in Nigeria are the same one's who also join to piss on your right.. Nigeria which way? People who call Nigeria Zoo are not far fetched from the Truth.

I used to think dere was no big deal in Europe country and I never saw d big deal in wanting to travel out (d way people carry 4 head) but now my eyes are really open.. If i have d means now I don't think I will take that chance of raising my own family in this country... Everything is wrong and it sure doesn't look like it will change soon... Buhari or No Buhari.

We Nigerian's are also the problems of ourselves...u want the country to change. Change your yourself and ur environment

1 Like

Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by JigalertStaff: 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2018
angry
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by cytell56: 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2018
frowland:

Haha, APC told the thugs to kill their fellow biafrans crazy delluded fellows.

Your father is da king of craze. APC mole
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Trendirabingi: 9:12pm On Jun 29, 2018
AlexJ1:
It was said that this business man (an Onitsha indigene) just left his shop on a bike towards Bida road. It was on that road that the Okadaman accidentally brushed that Ikanga's vehicle. He slapped the Okadaman multiple times and this business man the Okadaman was conveying challenge Ikanga. Ikanga slapped the man and he returned the slap. Ikanga called his boys and they started beating the man. It was said that the man pleaded with them that his wife just recently put to birth but his pleas fell on deaf ears. They took him away from the initial scene to their hood. That was where he was beaten to stupor and was brought back to the initial scene, almost lifeless. Good Samaritans who had witnessed it all took him to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. They brought him back to the initial scene and took off for their dear lives.

It was at this moment that chaos started as police came to pick up the corpse, reported to the Onitsha Main Market police station before heading to the mortuary. Some men, armed with cutlasses and rage, decided to take laws into their hands and ordered that every businessman and woman close shop and join them in the protest. Report has it that Ikanga's properties has been set on fire at his residence and he's on the run.

It was said that this Ikanga (or Akanga) was in prison before the last governorship election but was pardoned by the state government, allegedly to utilize his capacity as a notorious thug to gather the support and votes of the thugs (youth) for Obiano. He has since, been causing havoc and mayhem in Onitsha, especially in and around Onitsha Main Market. He is said to have the backing of the government as he rallies his boys, daily, to help the state government maintain the plan of the government backed-Ocha Brigade-led demolishments some 2 months ago by intimidating and harassing traders and business men and women, and seizing their goods.

the current crop of nigerian politicians and governors are d main demons of the very society we are in. They are the very ones dat breed thugs every where as they are thugs and touts demselves, use dem, dump dem and manipulate dem to do their biddings with d common wealth of d people and taxs payers money. They even arm most of this thugs and many of them turns to robbers, killers, assassins and other demented vices individuals, what it is with thugs and market , public roads, harrassing transport operators and whole lot more, even with the knowledge of the governors and even d president, with most of them publicly displaying thier membership to cultism, is very clear to you that d very present government, escpecially governors of the state, are either capital failures, conveyers of evil , or the both....
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Liftkid(m): 9:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
momma called me and told me that My village is on the run.. the guy IKANDA is from my town Azia in Ihiala l.g.a Anambra state
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Malawian(m): 9:37pm On Jun 29, 2018
This Ikanga or whatever, will he and his boys show face in Onitsha again? Him been don dey cook for everybody since and Dem dey chop, now everybody don cook for am.
Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Savioralpha: 10:43pm On Jun 29, 2018
This is the devil that caused this havoc in Onitsha, Ikanda, Obiano and his Awkuzu SARS workers if you don't eliminate this man now then you're worst than Buhari..

Re: Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos by Nellychinma20(f): 11:01pm On Jun 29, 2018
Dont execute him pls

Just send him to jos to defend our brothers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Delta Teenage Schoolgirls Lured Into Prostitution In Lagos (Photo) / 12 Unknown Gunmen Arrested In Imo State / Jungle Justice On Armed Robbers Caught In Anambra State (Graphic Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.