Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,041 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash (25236 Views)

How I Sold My Brother Out To Be Killed - Lagos Cultist (Photo) / Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos / Police Arrest 8 Cultists Over Clash Between Aiye And Eiye Confraternities. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by iwaeda: 11:24am On Feb 23
Commercial activities in the Oluwole Market in Ogba, Ojodu Local Council Development Area of Lagos State were grounded on Friday morning as Yoruba and Hausa clashed.

It was learnt that the clash ensued on Thursday night when a young man simply identified as Abbey settled a quarrel between two Hausa men and was allegedly stabbed by an unidentified man, leaving him in a pool of blood.

According to eyewitness accounts, Abbey was said to be bleeding profusely before he gave up the ghost, sparking a reprisal between Yoruba and Hausa in the area.

The reprisal attack led to the destruction of food items including peppers, onions, and sold by Hausa traders.

Our correspondent who visited the scene saw police vans patrolling the market in an attempt to stem the clash and restore normalcy.

Calls made to the line of the Lagos State Police Command’s spokesperson, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, were not answered.

“Sorry, I can’t take this call right now,” he wrote in response to a text sent to his on the incident.

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-one-feared-killed-lagos-market-shut-down-over-clash/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by Biafrannuke: 11:31am On Feb 23
A normal monthly clash between Hausa and Yoruba people in Lagos.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by History555: 11:42am On Feb 23
No respect for their host and accomodators

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by matify83: 11:46am On Feb 23
This seems to be a recurring theme every now and then.

How does an "arbiter" suddenly become the object of attack ?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by Hollyharjii: 11:46am On Feb 23
Blesses are the peacemaker, for they shall inherit the kingdom of heaven

RIP Abbey

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by AmuDimpka: 11:47am On Feb 23
History555:
who is respecting the host and who is killing the accomodator

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by UnknownT: 11:48am On Feb 23
Each time there's a tribal clash in any part of Lagos especially the markets, it's always between Yorubas and Hausas. I have never read that Igbos and their hosts clashed but each time, the Igbos are painted as the troublesome guests that don't regard their hosts.

175 Likes 23 Shares

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by KingAzubuike(f): 11:48am On Feb 23
Lagos is a no man's land, the earlier the yorubas understand this the better. Lagos is for nobody and it is for everybody.

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by adioolayi(m): 11:48am On Feb 23
Police Command headquarters dey Ogba na...

Things shouldn't escalate to this before they should respond

10 Likes

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by simmydebadest(m): 11:48am On Feb 23
Just a family clash... datsall

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by sematec(m): 11:48am On Feb 23
Rip

2 Likes

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by Stargangz: 11:49am On Feb 23
Abbey commited suicide, nobody kill am. Wetin concern am, why he go shook mouth for where two islamabads they fight? I also guess he's biased in his jugdement, but wetin carry the mumu go there still dey baffle me.

13 Likes

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by brunobaba(m): 11:49am On Feb 23
These Hausa people can cause trouble,they are never good visitors,you cannot try it with them in their own states ooo.
I served in Sokoto and i know how cautious other tribes are around them.
But they will come to your state,try to dominate and keep causing wahala.
Wherever they are gathered,they make the place so dirty...such cruel people.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by Timoleon(m): 11:49am On Feb 23
No wisdom. I no dey separate fight.

3 Likes

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by Earlystar698(m): 11:50am On Feb 23
Family affairs clash nothing much

9 Likes

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by AllahOfBlood: 11:50am On Feb 23
angry

That one no concern me

Two criminal entities whose ancestors connived together to entraped the children of light into a miserable nation

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by Blackskinman007(m): 11:50am On Feb 23
I was there this morning...
It wasn't funny at all

5 Likes

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by ResidentSnitch(f): 11:51am On Feb 23
If I talk wetin dey my mind now, one over zealous mod go ban me...
Anyway, Tinubu till 2031.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by SALLYBERRY01(m): 11:51am On Feb 23
It was trending on Twitter this morning
Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by Timoleon(m): 11:52am On Feb 23
History555:

This has nothing to do with respecting of hosts. If the foolish Yoruba victim had minded his business, the two fighting hausas would have settled their fight through their community.

Try dey read first. Two hausa dey fight, you go dey form peace maker? Useless frustrated Yoruba youths took the opportunity to attack the hausas in hopes of looting their goods.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by VeryWickedMan: 11:52am On Feb 23
Voter vs Votee fight is a family affair

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by Blackfire(m): 11:53am On Feb 23
Family reunion

5 Likes

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by Timoleon(m): 11:54am On Feb 23
brunobaba:
These Hausa people can cause trouble,they are never good visitors,you cannot try it with them in their own states ooo.
I served in Sokoto and i know how cautious other tribes are around them.
But they will come to your state,try to dominate and keep causing wahala.
Wherever they are gathered,they make the place so dirty...such cruel people.

The hausas didn't cause trouble in this instance It's the Yorubas that attacked the hausas according to the article.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by Nawa4nl: 11:54am On Feb 23
UnknownT:
Each time there's a tribal clash in any part of Lagos especially the markets, it's always between Yorubas and Hausas. I have never read that Igbos and their hosts clashed but each time, the Igbos are painted as the troublesome hosts that don't regard their hosts.
Most agberos are jealous of Igbos, that's why.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by Dozie32(m): 11:55am On Feb 23
Lol grin grin maoe una kill una selves.
Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by faceland: 11:56am On Feb 23
He doesn't know the origin of the offence (for them to stab him, injustice was involved).

If the fight wouldn't affect you (or drive your customers away), PLEASE MIND YOUR BUSINESS.

1 Like

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by baralatie(m): 11:57am On Feb 23
matify83:
This seems to be a recurring theme every now and then.

How does an "arbiter" suddenly become the object of attack ?
Because unknown to the arbiter the true instigator and sponsor of the fued was watching the outcome of the event.immediately it became obvious that the instigator lost faced he did bobily harm to the arbiter
Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by happney65: 11:57am On Feb 23
Expecting those people who are quick to attack the Igbo's every now and then to do the same to Hausa.

But Never,You can never ever see them do that. The Hausas/Fulani are the bullies they run away from and go to hide their faces. But they get worked up and tear their bras and pants over online abuse

I tell them to go face the people killing them,but as cowards they are. They can't . grin

P.S. The average Yoruba person has no problem with the average Igbo Man or Woman. It is those APC People with little or no shame who cause ethnic tensions every now and then

9 Likes

Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by LagosG: 11:57am On Feb 23
UnknownT:
Each time there's a tribal clash in any part of Lagos especially the markets, it's always between Yorubas and Hausas. I have never read that Igbos and their hosts clashed but each time, the Igbos are painted as the troublesome hosts that don't regard their hosts.
Everybody buys from Hausas and Yorubas, not everybody buys from the Igbos at Lagos food Markets. They're a minority here so they tend to stay out of trouble but when you hear of fights at Alaba or Ladipo markets, you know who's involved.
Re: One Feared Killed, Lagos Market Shut Down Over Clash by Bankowner: 11:57am On Feb 23
Area G is only but a stone throw to the market na!

Why didn't the Police stem the reprisal or even stop it from happening? what happened to intelligence?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Student Beaten To Death By Touts In Kaduna - Twitter User (photos) / Roberts Buncis: 15-Year-Old UK Boy sentenced For Stabbing His Friend 70 Times / Man Beats Teenager To Death In Oyo Over Attempted Defilement Of Daughter (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.