Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

5 Solutions To Otedola Bridge Accident Saga - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Solutions To Otedola Bridge Accident Saga (437 Views)

Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped / BLACK THURSDAY! How The Otedola Bridge Accident Happened + New Details / Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Solutions To Otedola Bridge Accident Saga by DeanSim: 9:31pm On Jun 29, 2018

I've been so sad since accident news went viral. I can't even watch the video because the images have spoken messages.
I can't bear the wailing sounds or see people in pains.

Are we in hell? So much death and if NO, we must make a heaven out of Nigeria.

We must push stop to untimely death emanating from a road accident.

The solutions I propose are:
1. Commercial driving gets regulated. This is the time for the State government to enforce strict regulations on every soul using the road.

From drivers to riders and pedestrian. everybody is important and they should every category fair and equal.

I could remember early last year I was walking on the road facing the Berger bus stop. A man whose appearance seems like an officer uniform ordered me to turn back and use the walkway. Instantly, I obeyed and since I've used the walk-way which seem well-fenced. I've noticed people not using the walk-way and I think, there is no officer regulating anymore.
This is sad and worrisome.

You and I must obey the rules for using the road. Everybody coming out from their home to use the road must obey the law guiding it.
Because if not, you will endanger others with the wrong action and cause more problem that will require time, energy and money to resolve.

The enforcement agencies have to be proactive. They should start with themselves, clean their mess before they start dealing with the masses.

They need to keep enlighten the masses and be strict with offenders and penalties. The goal here is to create the culture in our society for using the road.

2. Overhaul of the bus drivers: The state government have been proposing this and is a time they look through it deeply.
This is quite simple==> the government will have more control and better organize at enforcing them and this can limit accident from their section.
3. More fire stations located on the highway
4. Invest in a database, in a case for a road.
5. Curb corrupt practice among unpatriotic road officers

Do you think of anyone? Pls do share

The government needs to get back to their drawing board and work out how this sad incident will not repeat itself again. If nothing is done, we expect no changes and it might repeat again.
Re: 5 Solutions To Otedola Bridge Accident Saga by CChillz: 12:02am On Jun 30, 2018
lalasticlacla

(1) (Reply)

Regina Univeristy-canada Enquiries / 15 Smashed Dead By Truck In Port Harcourt / I Need Help With Directions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.