Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities (29634 Views)

Busola Dakolo Is Not Telling Nigerians The Truth – Actress Steph-nora Okere / Tonto Dikeh Slams Funny Bone For Telling Her To Move On And End The Matter / Alex's Manager Drags Tobi For Telling Miracle About Sex They Had (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by ItzBIM(m): 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2018
post=68944261:
To each their own......Believe in whatever you believe.

As for me and my family WE BELIEVE IN GOD and we always pray for PEACE in the Land and for our leaders to get it right!

For how long have you been praying for Peace yet things are more hostile. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. We need actions.
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by donbenie(m): 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2018
post=68944261:

As for me and my family WE BELIEVE IN GOD!
Yeah? Look how well all our believe in God is turning out for Nigeria?
Nigeria is a classical case of what happens to a people when they fail to you their God given sense to help themselves..#PUNINTENDED
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by surg411(m): 10:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
The problem with naija is a foundational one, until they overhaul and reevaluate how EVERYTHING is been done, lawlessness & debilitating poverty will prevail.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
Wetin this guy don contribute since them elect am?The other time Na one keke napep he donate to his constituency.
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by vickyfelix: 10:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by barclayb(m): 10:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by resurgent2019: 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
post=68944261:

As for me and my family WE BELIEVE IN GOD and we always pray for PEACE in the Land and for our leaders to get it right!

But you live abroad na. And you are deceiving Nigerians with prayer. Next year will be epic. People—both Christians and Muslims—were lamenting about Buhari on my way from work. It seems Nigerians are getting tired and that war we have been avoiding will be fought next year. I want to see how Hausas will defeat all southerners to impose Buhari on us. It will be a war to relish. At the end, Donald Trump will intervene and boot Buhari out.The Americans already have intel on the President’s activities against a large section(Christians) of his own citizens. Fingers crossed.
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by IMASTEX: 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
Action is what is needed now.
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
crooked politician, telling people to pray instead of just putting Rules and Regulations that will stop further Accidents.

something is wrong some were he say? isn't it his job find out what is wrong and were it's wrong?

Anyway Nigerians are so gullible they will still believe this crook and carry on praying and nothing will change.
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by salford: 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
Nigerian politicians steal money and tell the electorates to pray. Faith without works ....
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
IS LIKE LAGOSIANS MUMU TO HAVE ELECTED THIS KIND OF GANGARTUA GAGA PERSON TO AN OFFICE
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Follygunners: 10:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
Fahrenhite:
We have been praying.....
We have been writing r.i.p since when yansh dey back..
We have been lamenting..
We have cried. ..
We have protest.. But

Nobody have taken any steps to amend all that is wrong with this country. politician or citizen,old or young, rich or poor, we have done nothing.

Your prayers, R.i.p, laments, protest and thought on social media is only valid until the next tragedy. I bet many people have forgotten about Leah Sharibu in the custody of the terrorists group Boko Haram.

Words are not working, we need to start acting

sars brutality, herdsmen killing, terrorism in the north, suicidal cases, kidnapping, accidents, preventive deaths, plateu killings, tanker explosion and who knows what next if all we do is to come online and type r.i.p.

"We (youths) are the leaders of tomorrow" they say, but hear me, tomorrow is not next month or next year or when you are 50, tomorrow is already here, it is today and we can't change tomorrow if we do not change today first.

So get up! Use your brain and let's make a difference together. Nigeria cannot be saved by one man.

They'll never listen.. they're too gullible and Foolish to realize. They'll rather hail and adulate politicians and celebs instead instead of being objective and rational.
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
Pray for which Nigeria? I'll rather pray his brain is activated. undecided
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Follygunners: 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2018
Glad Nigerians are realizing reality!

Thunder fire all the politicians and celebrities in Nigeria!
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2018
resurgent2019:

But you live abroad na. And you are deceiving Nigerians with prayer. Next year will be epic. People—both Christians and Muslims—were lamenting about Buhari on my way from work. It seems Nigerians are getting tired and that war we have been avoiding will be fought next year. I want to see how Hausas will defeat all southerners to impose Buhari on us. It will be a war to relish. At the end, Donald Trump will intervene and boot Buhari out.The Americans already have intel on the President’s activities against a large section(Christians) of his own citizens. Fingers crossed.
U see me for abroad abi u see me for Russia?
Aproko.
Look at him claiming more Nigerian than I am.
Comedian.
I say Amen to ur prayers o.
Come and take us to abroad to live with you o.
Troublemaker, carrier of rumor.
Better face and pray over your life issues and stop pocknosing to other peoples affairs young man.
Don't go and get your PVC but keep typing trash online.

Better people, We work all over the country, just incase anyone needs our service.
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by limitless777(m): 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
PROPHETmichael:
"Do you collect your salary in naira or in prayers" grin Savage
That girl will not make heaven lol

I tell U Bros.
SAVAGE to the extreme.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by limitless777(m): 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
soldadoe:
Let them pray now ahbi! He's a senator...he will definitely embezzle some money no matter how small it is....Most of us re tired of this Nation...we have hoped..waiited...rehoped again sef and now! We can't take it anymore...we have unhoped! Everything just shift commot like say na breeze blow am! The nation is in Shambles...we need to be recolonised! #Otan

he's not a SENATOR but a Member of Lagos State House of Assembly. A "Honourable".

OR

U may also refer to him as Vice Prime Minister.
Hope we're learning something
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by JastSiryin(m): 11:36pm On Jun 29, 2018
post=68944261:

Continue praying there, just continue. Like the way the Israelites prayed their way to the promise land without walking, or the way King David defeated all his enemies without lifting a sword abi? Be deceiving yourself there. Look, there are reasons why a nation remains poor with or without prayer
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by uncjay(m): 11:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
post=68944261:

You see, many of those lashing out at him strongly believe in God and perhaps pray more than you have ever done. Obviously you are short sighted to reason along the line.

None up there said that they should not 'pray', but they are also rational to 'watch' as well. when you leave one for the other there's always a repercussion. When you pray, it become more effective if you do that which is in your part to compliment it. Neglect it and you face agonising situations.

God will not formulate our policies, programmes and procedures for us. He has done His part already, you, have you done your part? Meanwhile these polithiefians are very hypocritical, they will appear on social media as angels and go behind to loot all your little contributions to the development of your state(tax payers money). open your eyes bro.

Don't allow your emotional attachment to your religion blind and cripple your reasoning faculty.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2018
uncjay:

You see, many of those lashing out at him strongly believe in God and perhaps pray more than you have ever done. Obviously you are short sighted to reason along the line.

None up there said that they should not 'pray', but they are also rational to 'watch' as well. when you leave one for the other there's always a repercussion. When you pray, it become more effective if you do that which is in your part to compliment it. Neglect it and you face agonising situations.

God will not formulate our policies, programmes and procedures for us. He has done His part already, you, have you done your part? Meanwhile these polithiefians are very hypocritical, they will appear on social media as angels and go behind to loot all your little contributions to the development of your state(tax payers money). open your eyes bro.

Don't allow your emotional attachment to your religion blind and cripple your reasoning faculty.
Thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Akinz0126(m): 11:52pm On Jun 29, 2018
We don't need prayer buh player...

What should we do about this politicians now finally hunger has started resetting most of our brains...Am loving this
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by OyinO: 11:56pm On Jun 29, 2018
If truly prayers work, then it's for Nigerians to pray people like you out of leadership positions because you're the problem of Nigeria.
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by pemiakd: 11:58pm On Jun 29, 2018
Prayer is not d solution dey all need to checkmate themselve. Besides we need reasonable people who knws what to do at d right time, who care for d welfare of d people and careless about looting our money.

And if he believes d solution is prayer then let him sacrifice himself for Nigeria
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by talk2archy: 12:02am On Jun 30, 2018
Prayer works wonders

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by talk2percy(m): 12:07am On Jun 30, 2018
post=68944261:

keep praying and do nothing
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by talk2percy(m): 12:08am On Jun 30, 2018
Pray ko...thieves! Bunch of thieves!
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:08am On Jun 30, 2018
talk2percy:
keep praying and do nothing
WE WORK AND PRAY

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by otokx(m): 12:32am On Jun 30, 2018
talk2archy:
Prayer works wonders

It really worked wonders for the Super Eagles in the World cup.
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Fitnessman(m): 12:53am On Jun 30, 2018
Let still pray for our country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiEDT-qAgFg
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 30, 2018
Letenwam:
Nollywood actor and a lawmaker representing Surulere constituency in the Lagos State assembly, Desmond Elliot, has suffered a backlash after he asked Nigerians to pray following the sad incidents that have occurred in Nigeria.

Desmond Elliot stated in his tweet, that so much is happening in the country at the moment and we need to pray for our land because something is wrong somewhere. His tweet reads;

God have mercy , God have mercy , God have mercy.
I cannot tell what’s going on but this much I know something isn’t right somewhere . We need to pray for our land . The calamity is too much in one week so many lives lost . Lord have mercy on your people . Many children are not seeing their fathers , mothers , aunts and uncles . Many left home today never to return home . Lord have mercy !!!! PEACE IN THE LAND .. north south east and west . Lord pour out your peace upon us once again , mercy lord have mercy . To all lagosians , all families affected today . We may not know but o my God . Comfort us o lord . Mmm

However the lawmaker was called out for asking people to pray, as his followers questioned his contribution in Lagos State since he got elected. Here are some of the exchanges below;

https://lailasnews.com/desmond-elliot-slammed-for-telling-nigerians-to-pray-against-calamities/

Lalasticlala
Nonsense politicians again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Simi Calls Out Pastor Kingsley Over Claims Of About Single People / Nuella Njubigbo Flaunts Amazing Post-pregnancy Body(Photos) / Fathia Balogun Goes Bald For New Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.