Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,593 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:09 AM

Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities (29784 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Slams Funny Bone For Telling Her To Move On And End The Matter / Alex's Manager Drags Tobi For Telling Miracle About Sex They Had / Bovi Slammed For Using His Children For Homophobic Jokes & Sexual Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Letenwam: 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2018
Nollywood actor and a lawmaker representing Surulere constituency in the Lagos State assembly, Desmond Elliot, has suffered a backlash after he asked Nigerians to pray following the sad incidents that have occurred in Nigeria.

Desmond Elliot stated in his tweet, that so much is happening in the country at the moment and we need to pray for our land because something is wrong somewhere. His tweet reads;

God have mercy , God have mercy , God have mercy.
I cannot tell what’s going on but this much I know something isn’t right somewhere . We need to pray for our land . The calamity is too much in one week so many lives lost . Lord have mercy on your people . Many children are not seeing their fathers , mothers , aunts and uncles . Many left home today never to return home . Lord have mercy !!!! PEACE IN THE LAND .. north south east and west . Lord pour out your peace upon us once again , mercy lord have mercy . To all lagosians , all families affected today . We may not know but o my God . Comfort us o lord . Mmm

However the lawmaker was called out for asking people to pray, as his followers questioned his contribution in Lagos State since he got elected. Here are some of the exchanges below;

https://lailasnews.com/desmond-elliot-slammed-for-telling-nigerians-to-pray-against-calamities/

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:51pm On Jun 29, 2018
To each their own......Believe in whatever you believe.

As for me and my family WE BELIEVE IN GOD and we always pray for PEACE in the Land and for our leaders to get it right. We work and PRAY!

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Fahrenhite(m): 9:52pm On Jun 29, 2018
We have been praying.....
We have been writing r.i.p since when yansh dey back..
We have been lamenting..
We have cried. ..
We have protest.. But

Nobody have taken any steps to amend all that is wrong with this country. politician or citizen,old or young, rich or poor, we have done nothing.

Your prayers, R.i.p, laments, protest and thought on social media is only valid until the next tragedy. I bet many people have forgotten about Leah Sharibu in the custody of the terrorists group Boko Haram.

Words are not working, we need to start acting

sars brutality, herdsmen killing, terrorism in the north, suicidal cases, kidnapping, accidents, preventive deaths, plateu killings, tanker explosion and who knows what next if all we do is to come online and type r.i.p.

"We (youths) are the leaders of tomorrow" they say, but hear me, tomorrow is not next month or next year or when you are 50, tomorrow is already here, it is today and we can't change tomorrow if we do not change today first.

So get up! Use your brain and let's make a difference together. Nigeria cannot be saved by one man.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by tammyboy1(m): 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2018
We have been praying for Nigeria since SINCE,nothing has changed, we need a change of government..faith without work is dead,pray from now till tomorrow and dont vote in good government officials,the suffering continues,deal with the truth...

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by blesskewe(f): 10:07pm On Jun 29, 2018
So our own is to pray while ur own is to eat all the money abi
apc my ass

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by lilfreezy: 10:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
Useless politicians and celebrities. Nigerians are wiser now

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Cladez(m): 10:15pm On Jun 29, 2018
The only thing I understand in all these is the expiring date of Nigeria is near.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by alizma: 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
Back then in school, the easiest way for SUG post aspirant to get students' attention to whatever organized pieces of rubbish he/she had to throw at them was to shout in Jesus name.

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by s3tt1ngz003: 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
By who? Nigerians no won chill again
Na atiku be next
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by s3tt1ngz003: 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
By who? Nigerians no won chill again
Na atiku be next

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by TheKingIsHere: 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
We have been praying since while the useless leaders are looting the country.

It is time for them to do their work or be booted out

11 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
naija I hail ! their cannot another country like Nigeria and their cannot be another human created like Nigerians, I'm sure Na because of us Jesus will not even bother to return and baba God dey even fear to accommodate us for heaven as devil self don reject naija for hell already

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by PROPHETmichael: 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
"Do you collect your salary in naira or in prayers" grin Savage
That girl will not make heaven lol

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Philinho(m): 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
Wait as daddy freeze will fall on you

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Uglyaddy: 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
post=68944261:
To each their own......

I BELIEVE IN GOD!

You are back latest chief BMC.I believe you do your BBQ grills on NL.

You better get a job,come next year nothing for you and your President Buhari. grin

Obey the rules of this forum :

11. Don't create distracting posts with: ALL WORDS BOLD / huge font sizes / ALL CAPS / distracting imagesspaces, etc.

Cc lalasticlala.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Munzy14(m): 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
That person weh comment first on his post is damn! savage.

8 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Sanchase: 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2018
Lol

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Nahum777(m): 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2018
The replies got me laughing. Twitter doesn't play with anybody.

15 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by OsuMustGo: 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2018
We don't need prayers

We need action!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by cystem(m): 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2018
What does God have to save in us? Take out the evil leaders with your PVC

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by solufemiwa(m): 10:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
Wereh Gbogbo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by soldadoe(m): 10:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
Let them pray now ahbi! He's a senator...he will definitely embezzle some money no matter how small it is....Most of us re tired of this Nation...we have hoped..waiited...rehoped again sef and now! We can't take it anymore...we have unhoped! Everything just shift commot like say na breeze blow am! The nation is in Shambles...we need to be recolonised! #Otan

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by ezeagu(m): 10:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
post=68944261:
To each their own......Believe in whatever you believe.

As for me and my family WE BELIEVE IN GOD!

You'll meet him one day.

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by hotspec(m): 10:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
In the South when people die we kill cows, in the North when cows die they kill people..What an irony of life .

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
ezeagu:

You'll meet him one day.
Amen

Uglyaddy:

You are back latest chief BMC.I believe you do your BBQ grills on NL.

You better get a job,come next year nothing for you and your President Buhari. grin
[b]Oh, you even noticed we were away for almost a month?
Wow!
Never knew we have many people that have our interest at hearts so much here.
GOD BLESS you all.
We were actually invited UPTOWN (out of the country) for our job.
Thanks for looking out for us sis.
And thank you for your advice, you are so appreciated.
Now, let's get back to advertisement/work![

Modify, but we are surprised that this is just your 4th post here and you've on my been here for 5 days, how come you noticed our absence?
Oh guess you were banned with your old moniker and out here to have a revenge on whatsoever.
Eh ya!
Good luck with that kiddo/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Blackfire(m): 10:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
Click like if don't support him.

Click share if you do .

Desmond I.diot sorry Elliot the people have spoken.

14 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Naijacost22: 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
Finally our eyes is now open to the fact that prayers need action. Some pastors have made it look like only prayers can solve our problems, which is wrong. we need action.

China is not a christian nation but you see development,it just action and hard work.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by akinyemi0103(m): 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
e be lyk say prayer don tire pple

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by kay5you: 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
Politicians using religious to becloud our judgement since 1960

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy. NIGERIAN ain't gat chil cheesy cheesy cheesy

Meanwhile check my SIGNATURE
Re: Desmond Elliot Slammed For Telling Nigerians To Pray Against Calamities by Celestyn8213: 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2018
Go siddon jor. You think you're in Nollywood Abi? Idiot Desmond

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Takes Cute Selfie With Femi Kuti / Amara Kanu: I Wanted Breast Implants, Plastic Surgery But.. / Anto Lecky's Gorgeous Outfit To A Wedding Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.