Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,391 members, 7,839,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? (2986 Views)

I Dumped Nyako For Atiku Because He Gave Me N500 Million- Adamawa Governor / Why I See Buhari As A Fraud And A Joke: Yaradua Assets Declaration. / Rasheed Ladoja Secretly Refunded N500 Million Of Monies Stolen From Oyo Treasury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by ugodaniel(m): 9:02am On Mar 25, 2007
Arrant nonsense, rubbish!!! 500milla my foot lipsrsealed

They should tell that to the marines angry
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by osegwu(m): 9:17am On Mar 25, 2007
ugodaniel:

Have you not seen people who has not worked in the

public sector but has much more than 500 mills?
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by Afam(m): 12:41pm On Mar 25, 2007
ugodaniel:

Marines ke? For Naija?
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by kellorah: 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2007
they all steal our money,
as for the amount, i think it's too small lipsrsealed
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by software(m): 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2007
GOD HELP NAIJA angry
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by software(m): 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2007
ugodaniel:

Yeah i agree with u. thats nonsense. Its a very childish lie. Yaradua has much more than that in his account. i know most of them open accounts in the name of other people. they buy houses in the name of other people.

Yaradua worts more than 5billions Naira. they are only deceiving us
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by Afam(m): 2:03pm On Mar 25, 2007
software:

Yeah i agree with u. thats nonsense. Its a very childish lie. Yaradua has much more than that in his account. i know most of them open accounts in the name of other people. they buy houses in the name of other people.

Yaradua worts more than 5billions Naira. they are only deceiving us

Is your aim just to paint the man black?

If you know his exact woth then tell us as your assumptions may be too wrong.
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by software(m): 2:53pm On Mar 25, 2007
Afam:

Is your aim just to paint the man black?

If you know his exact woth then tell us as your assumptions may be too wrong.

No i am not painting him black. neither am i against him. what i am only saying, is i dont beleive he doesnt have more than that. Not only yaradua including other Govs.

I dont know his exact wort, but i know hw worts more than that.

The result of his assets, simply shows that there is couruption in the minds of our leaders

Thanks
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by Afam(m): 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2007
Are you surprised that he is quoted as not having so much money like the other governors who easily loot and squander public funds?

Here is a man that no one has been able to accuse of corruption, a man that recorded over N6.5B budget surplus when other governors are squandering and even borrowing more.

What do we really want in Nigeria? He could have effortlessly diverted the money he saved. I believe some people are simply not rouges like the average politician and we should commend such people that are upright.
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by adconline(m): 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2007
What did he do with 6.5 billion surplus? No hospital to treat his kidney problem since 1999.  He governs a state that has millions of people, yet only  about 500  applicants  were admitted into universities according to JAMB in 2004. Katsina state has  one of the highest illiteracy rates in Nigeria. u don't want to talk about poverty.  8 years can make a lot of impact.

http://www.jambng.com/UMEADM04.pdf
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by azorjiu(m): 6:23pm On Mar 25, 2007
i tire for 9ja. would you rather he was worth 100 billion? he's indirectly declaring his assets and our judgment of him come 2011 will be based on this figure. why do we have to doubt this supposedly honest man? let's give him the benefit of the doubt.
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by Mariory(m): 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2007
There are Nigerians who complain about everything. When there is nothing to complain about, they invent something. That is the power of gossip. grin
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:43pm On Mar 25, 2007
Grape Grape Grapevine
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by software(m): 7:03pm On Mar 25, 2007
Mariory:

There are Nigerians who complain about everything. When there is nothing to complain about, they invent something. That is the power of gossip.  grin

Why should'nt we complain? there are lots to complain about. I think it is only someone who is in their cacus, would feel there is nothing to complain about. We need a president who is genue and truthfull. no a president who has started with lies wvwn when he has not been elected.
This is no gossip. this is just the truth. Dont u think yaradua worts more than 500million naira?
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by software(m): 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2007
azorjiu:

i tire for Nigeria. would you rather he was worth 100 billion? he's indirectly declaring his assets and our judgment of him come 2011 will be based on this figure. why do we have to doubt this supposedly honest man? let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Did i just hear u say benefit of doubt?

Someone who would direct the affairs of our Nation Nigeria, Thats why peple are still suffering, simple cos we dont choose the right leaders to dirrect the affairs of the country.

Wat if he turns out to be the most indolent Presidents we have ever had in the history?

Dont forget we would have to manage him for 4years, and at the end we begin to blame ourselves,

This is the time to check who would lead this country.

I am no party member. all i am saying is lets check who we are going to cast our vote for,

Thanks
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by lewa(m): 8:41pm On Mar 25, 2007
What did he do with 6.5 billion surplus? No hospital to treat his kidney problem since 1999. He governs a state that has millions of people, yet only about 500 applicants were admitted into universities according to JAMB in 2004. Katsina state has one of the highest illiteracy rates in Nigeria. u don't want to talk about poverty. 8 years can make a lot of impact.
Abi!That is some people's messiah!It's just a pity that issues like these have not been raised yet in the elections.This is someone shouting in 03 about Sharia and yet his state has nothing on ground to substantiate the bilions in allocation from source!Yet as his principal put it~he's the best for the country~sickly,visionless,uninspiring man!Gimme a break,the man is just not right for the job!We should rise above petty,partisan,ethnic and emotional issues.Period.The man is an error,an accident about to happen
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by Mariory(m): 10:35am On Mar 26, 2007
software:

Why should'nt we complain? there are lots to complain about. I think it is only someone who is in their cacus, would feel there is nothing to complain about. We need a president who is genue and truthfull. no a president who has started with lies wvwn when he has not been elected.
This is no gossip. this is just the truth. Dont u think yaradua worts more than 500million naira?

So what exactly are you complaining about? That he is not corrupt or that you believe he is hiding his corruption? You state he has stating with lies before he is even elected, yet you have no clue what he has lied about.

So what exactly are you saying? That you know he is liying about what he's worth then please show your source of information. Don't come here spouting noise and expect evryone to believe you. And for the record, I have no clue what yaradua is actually worth. As a result I cannot tell you if he's worth more or less than N500m. And neither can you.
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by azorjiu(m): 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2007
Did i just hear u say benefit of doubt?

Someone who would direct the affairs of our Nation Nigeria, Thats why peple are still suffering, simple because we don't choose the right leaders to dirrect the affairs of the country.

What if he turns out to be the most indolent Presidents we have ever had in the history?

Dont forget we would have to manage him for 4years, and at the end we begin to blame ourselves,

This is the time to check who would lead this country.

I am no party member. all i am saying is lets check who we are going to cast our vote for,

Thanks

Then vote atiku. I'm sure he's worth several million dollars. Leave the poor man alone. He says he is worth less than a billion naira so be it.
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by 9ja4eva: 3:55am On Mar 27, 2007
If hes saying d truth dts fine.
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by donnymikky(m): 9:50am On Mar 27, 2007
What is the big deal in Yar'adua worthing 500Million naira?? we should even count ourselves lucky that there is still a Governor in Nigeria whose assets worth is still in Naira and not Billions of dollars like others. Opposition should look for issue based propaganda and not this type I think it is too cheap a plot.
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by Afam(m): 10:03am On Mar 27, 2007
donnymikky:

What is the big deal in Yar'adua worthing 500Million naira?? we should even count ourselves lucky that there is still a Governor in Nigeria whose assets worth is still in Naira and not Billions of dollars like others. Opposition should look for issue based propaganda and not this type I think it is too cheap a plot.

I agree with you 101%. It is really comforting to know that not a single negative comment or allegation has been made against this man. Sometimes I wonder if this is happening in Nigeria, a presidential flag bearer without a dent, salvation is near in my opinion because if the head is not corrupt it will be easy for others to follow suit.

Thank God for democracy, otherwise who would have given a clean man like this an opportunity to lead this great nation.
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by software(m): 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2007
9ja4eva:

If hes saying d truth dts fine.

I hope so tooo. but its kinda hard to beleive.
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by mowapa(m): 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2007
Why do we assume that Yar'dua is the saving grace Nigeria needs, its so pitiful how some commentators are defending 500m as if that is easily attainable for majority of the population. A heartless and stone head has fostered on us his choice and we are here debating his worth, for most people here that is a goal that might be unachievable( i know my father served this country as a police officer and never came close to being a millionaire before he died).

Nigerian need to be told how he came about such net worth, I know in this stock market generation its doable, but not in the 60s-80 without seeping or soiling your hand in questionable deals.
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by Afam(m): 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2007
mo wapa:

Why do we assume that Yar'dua is the saving grace Nigeria needs, its so pitiful how some commentators are defending 500m as if that is easily attainable for majority of the population. A heartless and stone head has fostered on us his choice and we are here debating his worth, for most people here that is a goal that might be unachievable( i know my father served this country as a police officer and never came close to being a millionaire before he died).

Nigerian need to be told how he came about such net worth, I know in this stock market generation its doable, but not in the 60s-80 without seeping or soiling your hand in questionable deals.

If this is not a pull him down kind of arguement then I wonder what it is.

Here is a man that none has been able to accuse of corruption being labeled all kinds of things just because he refused to be like the rest.

You may need to research about his family because you assume that anyone that makes money is into corruption.

From your position I am sure you will say the same thing if OBJ prefered Jesus Christ to become the next president and you will justify your position by stating that OBJ supported him, what manner of thinking is that?
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by 9ja4eva: 7:58pm On Mar 27, 2007
How did Yar Adua make dt money?Only God knows d truth oh.
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by software(m): 12:21am On Mar 28, 2007
mo wapa:

Yes i agree with you.
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by software(m): 12:23am On Mar 28, 2007
9ja4eva:

How did Yar Adua make dt money?Only God knows d truth oh.

they are all crooks. They are theives. Its only God in his own way can let us know the truth, on how they made their money.

They will never tell the truth. They know how they Manover things.

God Help this country
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by jgirl3: 1:09am On Mar 28, 2007
My only prayer now is that Nigeria gets a honest president very soon if not *sighs*, we're in deep sh*t.
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by mowapa(m): 1:16am On Mar 28, 2007
@AFAM

Since you write as if you have an insight, please tell me and others here how his family made such money!.My Nigeria of the 60-80s was not known for that kind of networth especially if you were a civil servant(and he was one). Yes! his brother was the No2 person in the regime of Gen.OBJ and the crookery that was perpetuated during that time. The ability to make this sum of money in a level playing field was/is just of recent by liberalized economy of IBB. Until some better explanation is forwarded to us(citizen) his wealth will continue to be suspicious. I blame our journalist in all this, wonder where their investigative instinct is?

I agree with you 101%. It is really comforting to know that not a single negative comment or allegation has been made against this man. Sometimes I wonder if this is happening in Nigeria, a presidential flag bearer without a dent, salvation is near in my opinion because if the head is not corrupt it will be easy for others to follow suit.

Thank God for democracy, otherwise who would have given a clean man like this an opportunity to lead this great nation.

Wonder what you thinking pal? you agree 101% that a civil servant with 500m networth is right! God help us from people like you. The probable reason, no negative comment was attached to his name is that much was not known about him because he lives a recluse life and govern over mostly semi-illiterate populace. Now that he has offered himself for sacrifice, its another story all together. Welcome to the BIG LEAGUE.
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by software(m): 1:23am On Mar 28, 2007
@ Mo Wapa

THats just it. i feeel u
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by lewa(m): 3:33am On Mar 28, 2007
My sentiments exactly~he should tell us how,when,how,when the 500 million got piled up!
Re: Yaradua's Assets - N500 Million: Could It Be True? by 9ja4eva: 3:44am On Mar 28, 2007
software:

they are all crooks. They are theives. Its only God in his own way can let us know the truth, on how they made their money.

They will never tell the truth. They know how they Manover things.

God Help this country

Yeah God is our only hope now oh for a better Country.We need a honest president for real.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Celesine Omehia Has Been Removed / Kwara Imports 800 Cows From SA. / Between Obasanjo And Fela

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.