Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,648 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages (1190 Views)

60% ROI: Dominic Joshua Ngene Arrested Over N2 Billion Fraud (Photo) / Mohammed Buba Marwa: 15 Million Nigerians Use Hard Drugs / 60% Of Sex Workers In Italy Are Nigerian Girls – Oasis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages by TourismMan(m): 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2018
So about a month now, I have been involving in INEC registration of voter's card and from what I have seen, I can boldly draw conclusion that at least 60% of Nigerians do not use their real age. The voter's card they come to register for various reasons (not even for voting), ridiculous ages are compute into the cards. Why I have to open this thread is because of the funny scene that played out today in the office. So this man came to do the registration and looking at him physically, there is no way he would be less than 50yrs but do you know how many years he put in the card? 38 years old! What turn out funny was when he wanted to register on the INEC's registration booklet. He went and put 52years there while his card carried 38. Perhaps not even for voting but need for ID card somewhere and he was told someone older than 40years not eligible to bid for the stuff. I looked at him and I was just laughing. Thousands of other cases like that. Why all these falsification for Christ sake?

1 Like

Re: Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages by nepapole(m): 10:46pm On Jun 29, 2018
it iis called football age sir.
Re: Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages by Fahrenhite(m): 10:50pm On Jun 29, 2018
Sometimes, such technical errors are done by the lots of you. That was how my brother's old temporary voter's card signified female as his gender.
Re: Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages by CoolFreeday(m): 11:03pm On Jun 29, 2018
60% is too small o.

those of us that refused to reduce it are few and it has its effects too but nothing can compare to relying on God and wait for once own time

1 Like

Re: Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages by kestolove95(m): 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2018
I dnt evn know my age
Re: Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 29, 2018
Even Bubu de use 'putball' age. Most civil servants use fake ages.
Re: Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages by otokx(m): 1:03am On Jun 30, 2018
it can be as high as 80%
Re: Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages by doctokwus: 1:09am On Jun 30, 2018
Up to 90%.
Of the remaining 10%,5% have not had cause where age disclosure is compulsory so you can't judge if they would be truthful or not.Its the remaining 5% that truly disclose their age.
Even the president's age is in dispute,which he admitted himself,despite spending his entire adult life in public service at different government organs and agencies where age disclosure is compulsory.Its that horrible.

1 Like

Re: Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages by CodeTemplar: 5:00am On Jun 30, 2018
Buhari won't support a national registry to protect the large voting force up north. Age falsification is just a token.
Re: Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages by TourismMan(m): 5:33am On Jun 30, 2018
The situation is terrible!
Re: Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages by Ojiofor: 9:03am On Jun 30, 2018
Only from 20 years old down say their real age,from 25 years up start lying about their real age.
Re: Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages by TourismMan(m): 11:05am On Jul 01, 2018
Ojiofor:
Only from 20 years old down say their real age,from 25 years up start lying about their real age.

You are very right. I noticed same too. I believe it's necessitated by socio-economic and political situation in the country.
Re: Over 60% Of Nigerians Use Fake Ages by Ojiofor: 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2018
TourismMan:

You are very right. I noticed same too. I believe it's necessitated by socio-economic and political situation in the country.

Exactly.

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Scam: This Was My Encounter This Evening / Sad As Nigerian Man Killed After Returning Home For Xmas From Abroad (see Photos / Man Loses Wife In Gamble, Asks Friends To Gang Rape Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.